• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Release: Noob Skydweller

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Not sure if already posted or something? Discuss anyway! ;)

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
Interesting release, I'll probably grab one to check it out. The adjustable month indicator is a nice plus. The date window is wider than previous models which is good. It's thick as hell at 15mm, that's as much as a 7750 Daytona and this ones 42mm so it's going to be a tank. The clasp logo looks like a DHGater, wtf.

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Interesting release, I'll probably grab one to check it out. The adjustable month indicator is a nice plus. The date window is wider than previous models which is good. It's thick as hell at 15mm, that's as much as a 7750 Daytona and this ones 42mm so it's going to be a tank. The clasp logo looks like a DHGater, wtf.

Gen is at 14.10mm thick, so im suspecting its the little ''rim/trim'' you see at the back where the caseback meets. All that for the ugly deco i believe...

Reactions: KJ2020

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I don’t know 9f I’d just to buy 9ne but I’d like to see how this turns out.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
There will surely be other color dials and TT FG RG to follow. This could be another major breakout release from Noob, like the SA4130. Despite some minor flaws.

okrona

Known Member
12/1/20
This watch is, even with my basicbitch knowledge, a bit to complex to do a very good rep. That being said it doesnt look half bad if you got the crave for one.

Reactions: Hubertus

kazpsp

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/3/18
There will surely be other color dials and TT FG RG to follow. This could be another major breakout release from Noob, like the SA4130. Despite some minor flaws.

This is a step in the right direction, I don't think comparing it to the SA4130 is really the way to go, the SA4130 is just a perfect 1 to 1 movement clone.

I think this is noob's way to ask its client-base if the sky dweller is something we want, developing a clone movement of this would be ground breaking and I would snatch it immediatly.

Reactions: farnzy85

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
This is a step in the right direction, I don't think comparing it to the SA4130 is really the way to go, the SA4130 is just a perfect 1 to 1 movement clone.

I think this is noob's way to ask its client-base if the sky dweller is something we want, developing a clone movement of this would be ground breaking and I would snatch it immediatly.

Bro Sky is as much wanted as Daytona, at least blue dial is. I dont think they have to ask about it

tbtheone1

4/12/17
Canada
the question is, can you take the deco plate out and put a thinner caseback on to fix the size? As you can with the daytona? Someone drop some knowledge on me :D

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
Maybe they want to milk out their test builds before releasing the full-on clone !! :D

It won't ever get any better than this. It took them 8 years since Rolex released the model to get the GMT wheel and the month indicator functioning, proper size hands, and a respectable datewheel. Rep factories are never going to attempt to replicate the 9001 any more fully - the ability of the calendar wheel to double flip a date in a 30 day month, the automatic month indicator change, the Ring Command bezel are all beyond the scope of a rep factory's capability to implement. What Noob has done here is a generational leap ahead of previous offerings and won't be equalled or surpassed any time soon, if ever.

Gen Ring Command bezel

4Wxfn.jpg

4WV23.jpg

Gen on left

4Wcns.jpg

Previous best effort rep

15333602203455.jpg

​​

kazpsp

12/3/18
It won't ever get any better than this. It took them 8 years since Rolex released the model to get the GMT wheel and the month indicator functioning, proper size hands, and a respectable datewheel. Rep factories are never going to attempt to replicate the 9001 any more fully - the ability of the calendar wheel to double flip a date in a 30 day month, the automatic month indicator change, the Ring Command bezel are all beyond the scope of a rep factory's capability to implement. What Noob has done here is a generational leap ahead of previous offerings and won't be equalled or surpassed any time soon, if ever.

Gen Ring Command bezel

4Wxfn.jpg

4WV23.jpg

Gen on left

4Wcns.jpg

Previous best effort rep

15333602203455.jpg

​​

I get it that the command ring is just on another level of complication, but also know that when the replicated the daytona they spent millions, maybe they can do it again? who knows 5 years from now il be waiting :D

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
I get it that the command ring is just on another level of complication, but also know that when the replicated the daytona they spent millions, maybe they can do it again? who knows 5 years from now il be waiting :D

They would be a lot more likely to try the YM II first which also has the Ring Command bezel with fewer complications. But I'm not holding my breath, this release checks a lot of boxes.

pwo

12/6/17
OMAN
It can be done with recent 3D scanning and modeling. The only issue is compiling the parts into a single movement which increase the cost and time resulting on major extra $$$.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk