• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Release: Noob Skydweller

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The white dial is actually surprisingly dynamic, I managed to get one at my local AD

It has a certain ivory tone at certain angles which you can see a little bit in this shot, it also has a similar grain to the 5711 white dial IMO.

Whaaat you have a gen bro, that's awesome! Most of the rep white dials are shock white, not that great ivory tone. Maybe Noob's will be different, that's gorgeous.

4oikD.jpg

Reactions: vcappp

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
also the red triangle seems a little too big compared to gen.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
also the red triangle seems a little too big compared to gen.

I think the red triangle size is OK but the color of it and the month indicator look too dark. They appear maroon and not red. Maybe just lighting but red usually doesn't darken in bright light.

Also I'm not seeing any hint of sunburst in either dial section. Surely they wouldn't have made it matte?

4Wcns.jpg

Last edited:

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
I think the red triangle size is OK but the color of it and the month indicator look too dark. They appear maroon and not red. Maybe just lighting but red usually doesn't darken in bright light.

4Wcns.jpg

The space between ROLEX and the triangle on gen is alot more. The rep almost touches the logo

Reactions: KJ2020

ViperGTS

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
1/1/10
im really excited about this! id be fine if they cant rep the movement and calendar functionality, we know it'll never happen. Im more concerned about aesthetics, specifically the blue face. the rep is too dull in comparison

Beemer913

9/10/17

Also I'm not seeing any hint of sunburst in either dial section. Surely they wouldn't have made it matte?

4Wcns.jpg

TD pics usually do look a bit dull though. Would be cool to see how the bezel action is. I’m def gonna keep up with this thread!

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The space between ROLEX and the triangle on gen is alot more. The rep almost touches the logo

I noticed that. It could be because the GMT wheel is bigger on the rep. The second hand tail looks longer on the rep yet even so it doesn't reach the GMT wheel like the gen one does.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Beemer913

9/10/17

Beemer913

9/10/17
There is no GMT hand, it's a rotating center wheel independently adjustable from local time.

Sorry I wasn’t clear, I meant the hour hand itself on the gen has jumping capabilities if I’m not mistaken. On the gen you can jump the hour hand. Maybe he was asking if the rep would have any of those functions. lol confusing topic for a complicated watch!