• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[NEW RELEASE] JB factory Roger Dubuis RDDBEX0479 Excalibur Spider Skeleton 45

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
TD's don't always agree on their descriptions, is the same watch

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
VXPuqR.jpg

VXPE6A.jpg

VXPKMg.jpg

VXPWTQ.jpg

VXPpAa.jpg

VXPbCf.jpg

VXPv8y.jpg

VXPy3X.jpg

My spider arrived today - absolutely stunning! The mainspring barrel has a few marks on it but not to worry. Just don’t do what I did and send an email to the TD moaning about a broken wheel that was hidden in QC, only to realise it’s part of the model! Oooops

VXPIvG.jpg

Last edited:

StevenLee

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
15/8/12
It is an awesome watch. Got one myself ..But the strap is crap as.Looks so dam cheap. I had to get one customized made.

Reactions: Scottymagic

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
It is an awesome watch. Got one myself ..But the strap is crap as.Looks so dam cheap. I had to get one customized made.

Agree with Steven, BBR and JBF are awful for their rubber quality - trying to find someone who will make a custom one myself.

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
So would the Rubber b strap work or not ?

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
I received my JB in blue already and have a BBR in black arriving today, I will do a comparison review on here once I receive the BBR.

Tempted to get the red one now! I think the red on the JB looks closer to gen though, but BBR may be the better watch.

Decisions decisions lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Think ive posted this before but im definitely prefer the bbr for red.

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
I received my JB in blue already and have a BBR in black arriving today, I will do a comparison review on here once I receive the BBR.

Tempted to get the red one now! I think the red on the JB looks closer to gen though, but BBR may be the better watch.

Decisions decisions lol

BBR definitely more accurate to gen but again how many people will have seen gen to call you out. I do agree though that JBFs colours seem closer, BBR's movement/mechanics far closer

TheDonSL

28/12/13
BBR definitely more accurate to gen but again how many people will have seen gen to call you out. I do agree though that JBFs colours seem closer, BBR's movement/mechanics far closer

Agreed, arriving shortly and will give a quick review and maybe a video!

TheDonSL

28/12/13
BBR is much better. Strap is actually not bad compared to JB, especially the clasp, mich better deployment.

Titanium and movement much better as well as star lines. Crystal a hair better, titanium case and deployment much better looking than JBF.

Ordered the red one now lol

Reactions: phdsjain

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
Question, the colors knew the side march the color wheel ( red equals red side, blue equals blue side), while brown all of them are black on the side. Which pattern is correct?

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
BBR is much better. Strap is actually not bad compared to JB, especially the clasp, mich better deployment.

Titanium and movement much better as well as star lines. Crystal a hair better, titanium case and deployment much better looking than JBF.

Ordered the red one now lol

Clasp is fine but the strap is just awful though in my opinion when you compare it to Daytona's and aquanaut reps

djh144

Horology Curious
27/10/18
Is there any consensus on the best place to find a replacement strap that fits?

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Does anyone with either the red or blue variants of the bbr version have the coloured side windows on the case? Like on the cut outs in the side of the case, is it blue/red or black like the pictures on trusty show? The jbf has coloured sides, would be a big shame if the bbr didn’t.

TheDonSL

28/12/13
Does anyone with either the red or blue variants of the bbr version have the coloured side windows on the case? Like on the cut outs in the side of the case, is it blue/red or black like the pictures on trusty show? The jbf has coloured sides, would be a big shame if the bbr didn’t.

BBR has the same.