• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BBR Roger Dubuis Spider Strap Replacement

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Hi folks,

Hope we're all keeping well.

Understand this isn't a watch a lot of us have yet but the strap is awful. Does anyone know where I may be able to source a custom made rubber strap for this, albeit will probably have to send off the watch strap for exact measurements.

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18

Had a look at that mate but the rep doesn't have the quick release system and not sure if it's same measurements as gen - big risk to take.

Also - 'NOTE: If your current strap/buckle does not feature the Quick-Release Attachment, then you can take this strap to any trusted Roger Dubuis retailer or service boutique where they will easily remove the Quick-Release Attachment from the strap and replace it with your own current attachment, in order to make this strap perfectly compatible with your deployant buckle.' No way can we just saunter into a boutique with our shit straps haha!

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Be interesting to know if they will sell straps separately to watches. I imagine you can only buy one and they fit it for you kind of thing? No idea though. Would be good to know if you can just buy them separately though.

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Be interesting to know if they will sell straps separately to watches. I imagine you can only buy one and they fit it for you kind of thing? No idea though. Would be good to know if you can just buy them separately though.

I mean there’s no harm in asking them via email if I can buy a strap separately - seems a bit pointless to have to send a watch to them if you owned gen when even the gen has the screws the rep has to take the screws out so I’m hopeful but I’ll keep you guys updated. They have a strap catalogue on their website but you need a username and password to access it lol!

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Been in touch with RD today and got a strap selection sheet, unsure on price but some lovely ones here:

VXdmp6.jpg

VXd4Os.jpg

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Popcorn ready! Waiting for pricing :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He sent me the wrong ones as they were for different model! These are the correct ones.......

VXjyZ2.png

Only rubber available but £195 - very reasonable price and far less as to what I thought it would be

Reactions: majwilliams0308

Paul Newman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/3/15
He sent me the wrong ones as they were for different model! These are the correct ones.......

VXjyZ2.png

Only rubber available but £195 - very reasonable price and far less as to what I thought it would be

Are this available for order online or do they need a serial number?

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom

VXjyZ2.png

Surprising! In a good way

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Surprising! In a good way

I’m taking the plunge on one - just need to see if they’ll ship it to the guy my watch is currently with! Abandoned my custom strap for now until I find out if it fits

Gexwh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/3/20
Hello,
Is this an extract from a catalogue? Would love to see the page for excalibur in 42mm version :D

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Well played sir im amazed they will sell you one without owning the gen. you’ll have to let us know what its like when it comes. Ive tried on a lot of gens but never any on rubber. Its unfair to judge a leather strap until its broken in so no judgement there.

Tig990

Known Member
6/5/19
Well played sir im amazed they will sell you one without owning the gen. you’ll have to let us know what its like when it comes. Ive tried on a lot of gens but never any on rubber. Its unfair to judge a leather strap until its broken in so no judgement there.

I'd imagine, the cost of a small company like RD to implement a system to confirm owners of genuine watches prior to selling OEM parts, is probably not worth it. Plus a sale is a sale. I believe the leather gen bands run at around $500, correct?

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Cant be that hard when most of their watches (at least the nice ones) are limited editions of like 25ish pieces. Some less than that. But as you say a sale is a sale. No we cant all afford £250k watches from you but price the strap reasonably and its a small bit of income...