• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[NEW RELEASE] JB factory Roger Dubuis RDDBEX0479 Excalibur Spider Skeleton 45

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
BBR has the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So people who have received the watch have coloured cut outs yeah? Strange theyre all black on trusty.

edit: also on pure time, the blue crown/dial has black cut outs.

Last edited:

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
So people who have received the watch have coloured cut outs yeah? Strange theyre all black on trusty.

edit: also on pure time, the blue crown/dial has black cut outs.

Sorry I have the black BBR. I’ll check w my friend for you

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
Yup, v2 it is. The colored cut our side adds a lot of character and while I dont know if the real on matches, I can only imagine it does

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Yup, v2 it is. The colored cut our side adds a lot of character and while I dont know if the real on matches, I can only imagine it does

Yeah the gen has the coloured cut outs. Shouldn't be hard for them to just anodise it a different colour!

Anadrol5

14/10/18
To those who have received this watch, could you please do me a favour and measure the bezel to bezel size of this watch?

TheDonSL

28/12/13
Can someone tell me if there is a trick to making this watch work properly?

I have a black BBR that constantly stops or the tourbillon stops for no reason. I just got a red BBR also and it’s acting the same exact way????

The JB roger dubius I have has no issues whatsoever.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Can someone tell me if there is a trick to making this watch work properly?

I have a black BBR that constantly stops or the tourbillon stops for no reason. I just got a red BBR also and it’s acting the same exact way????

The JB roger dubius I have has no issues whatsoever.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Ah dont say that! Ive just ordered the v3 excalibur. Im wondering if its to do with where they have put the golden gears from the v1? Ive never had an issue with that so i always assumed bbr were great watches based on that.

TheDonSL

28/12/13
Ah dont say that! Ive just ordered the v3 excalibur. Im wondering if its to do with where they have put the golden gears from the v1? Ive never had an issue with that so i always assumed bbr were great watches based on that.

Both JB tourbillons I have, one Roger Dubius and the other an RM, have no issues. Both BBRs both have issues. Received all 4 watches recently. BBR is def better quality looking Roger Dubius, but if it doesn’t run, I’m returning both and getting all the JBs.

Anyone else have issues?

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Both JB tourbillons I have, one Roger Dubius and the other an RM, have no issues. Both BBRs both have issues. Received all 4 watches recently. BBR is def better quality looking Roger Dubius, but if it doesn’t run, I’m returning both and getting all the JBs.

Anyone else have issues?

Is it worth sending one of them for a service? Could just be a bit of shit stuck in the movement or something? They might look nice but they are still made in china. Ive got a guy in the uk who will service them, not sure where your based.

TheDonSL

28/12/13
Is it worth sending one of them for a service? Could just be a bit of shit stuck in the movement or something? They might look nice but they are still made in china. Ive got a guy in the uk who will service them, not sure where your based.

Thanks, but I’m in US. I tried fixing one of them and just blew any dust or dirt that could be stuck in the movement, but it did not work.

It seems the movements on the BBR are no good and work sometimes and don’t work sometimes. I wore it today and this morning it stopped on me about 10 different times, each time I had to take it off my wrist, slap or tap it on my leg and the balance wheel began moving again, set the time, and then it was fine, but this repeated all day on and off stopping until about 2:30pm and now it’s 8pm and it has been running since. Very odd quirky movements, I do not trust them and will not be buying any more of these watches.

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Thanks, but I’m in US. I tried fixing one of them and just blew any dust or dirt that could be stuck in the movement, but it did not work.

It seems the movements on the BBR are no good and work sometimes and don’t work sometimes. I wore it today and this morning it stopped on me about 10 different times, each time I had to take it off my wrist, slap or tap it on my leg and the balance wheel began moving again, set the time, and then it was fine, but this repeated all day on and off stopping until about 2:30pm and now it’s 8pm and it has been running since. Very odd quirky movements, I do not trust them and will not be buying any more of these watches.

I have had my BBR V3 for about 6 weeks now and have had absolutely no problems with it. The only issue with it is that it gains about 30 secs a day.

I suppose its just luck of the draw.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17

TheDonSL

28/12/13
TheDonSL apparently the movements are not very well made. Pretty flimsy and shit. Heres a few pics my watch maker sent me. Credit to steve for getting stuck in with these things.
https://clickpix.org/image/wG4XP
https://clickpix.org/image/wGwqJhttps://clickpix.org/image/4zMJi
https://clickpix.org/image/4zkjI
https://clickpix.org/image/4zXu4
https://clickpix.org/image/4zwIc
https://clickpix.org/image/4z4dX

You got yours serviced? It had an issue?

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
You got yours serviced? It had an issue?

I havent bought one yet. I probably wont be either after getting the v3 excalibur, the movement quality has gone way downhill since v1. On the one in pieces, it winds and sets the time at the same time, not great...

TheDonSL

28/12/13
I havent bought one yet. I probably wont be either after getting the v3 excalibur, the movement quality has gone way downhill since v1. On the one in pieces, it winds and sets the time at the same time, not great...

Right now my red BBR has been working for the past 5 days with no issues. The black BBR still has issues but runs fine when left on it’s side now.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Right now my red BBR has been working for the past 5 days with no issues. The black BBR still has issues but runs fine when left on it’s side now.

All I know is the movements are kind of shit quality which is disappointing. Dont think hes taken a jbf apart yet. But they dont look as good... i guess it is just luck of the draw with these watches. I got my v3 from ks who tests them for a couple of days before they are sent over from china which helps. Still not sure i want to drop $750 on a watch that might not work.

Reactions: freediver