• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Release - Breitling Superocean 44mm (2022 Release)

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Darn, How to do decide between OF and TF? Not enough info to decide. I'm not really concerned by a slight font thickness diference or flatter B logo. Those to me don't change the look or impression of the watch. What does matter to me is case construction, case finishing quality and solid build quality and specifically for Breitling, how's the AR coating? The OF and TF models look very similar and I can't tell which would be the better of the two to buy. I want both blue and black. Maybe I should get one of each factor but I'd be disappointed if I liked the blue better and it was the lesser version. Decisions.....

Neon---How was the AR on your TF model? Case finishing looks pretty good.

Korky- Your AR looked pretty decent. How's the case finishing?

The dial is glossy them right? In some of the pictures I can't quite tell.

neon_7

Supporter
Certified
11/3/19
UK
Darn, How to do decide between OF and TF? Not enough info to decide. I'm not really concerned by a slight font thickness diference or flatter B logo. Those to me don't change the look or impression of the watch. What does matter to me is case construction, case finishing quality and solid build quality and specifically for Breitling, how's the AR coating? The OF and TF models look very similar and I can't tell which would be the better of the two to buy. I want both blue and black. Maybe I should get one of each factor but I'd be disappointed if I liked the blue better and it was the lesser version. Decisions.....

Neon---How was the AR on your TF model? Case finishing looks pretty good.

Korky- Your AR looked pretty decent. How's the case finishing?

The dial is glossy them right? In some of the pictures I can't quite tell.

The dial is glossy. I sold mine as it was too big for my wrists. AR was also decent but obviously not ProfAR level. I personally don’t believe there is any difference in build quality from OF and TF. I could be wrong though.

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
The dial is glossy. I sold mine as it was too big for my wrists. AR was also decent but obviously not ProfAR level. I personally don’t believe there is any difference in build quality from OF and TF. I could be wrong though.
Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. Yours looked darn good. From pics not sure how it could get much better. I will be getting both blue and black most likely. Although orange is pretty cool. Can't recall if I saw that off hand. Just trying to figure out if a combination, which combination or same factory. Just bought a bunch of watches........might have to let some go......I hate myself 😬

Last edited:

percepio

You're Saying I Can Buy?
Supporter
Certified
15/2/23
Switzerland
Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. Yours looked darn good. From pics not sure how it could get much better. I will be getting both blue and black most likely. Although orange is pretty cool. Can't recall if I saw that off hand. Just trying to figure out if a combination, which combination or same factory. Just bought a bunch of watches........might have to let some go......I hate myself 😬
i recieved QC for the light blue 44mm one yesterday. OF with the sw200 movement.

happy to share pictures if you'd be interested?

percepio

You're Saying I Can Buy?
Supporter
Certified
15/2/23
Switzerland
Perfect, I am waiting for these pics

i already GL it, can't wait to hold it in my hands and examine it
31aOap.jpg

31aYp5.jpg

31aqJb.jpg

let me know what you think!

neon_7

Supporter
Certified
11/3/19
UK
For information purposes only, here is the TF version in teal. I didn’t accept as I wanted black but hopefully this shows you it’s the same watch as ORF without the ETA movement:

nofitstate

20/7/13
For information purposes only, here is the TF version in teal. I didn’t accept as I wanted black but hopefully this shows you it’s the same watch as ORF without the ETA movement:

I'm loving this colour, it'll make a great summer watch.

I haven't purchased a rep in couple of years but I think this will temp me back.

percepio

You're Saying I Can Buy?
Supporter
Certified
15/2/23
Switzerland
yeah, looks pretty much the same to my noob eyes lol

i opted for the more expensive one just because of the movement tbh

nofitstate

20/7/13
I've also seen on telegram group a BP version with a rubber strap and 2813 movement for £165

I tend to steer clear of cheaper reps so it's not for me, but has anyone seen this version for sale?

Oakleyspatz

Horology Curious
26/10/18

Has nobody else noticed this TF version and the post before it claiming to be the OF version are in fact the same watch (both have the same serial number on the caseback (6812757) so one is wrong.
Has anyone actually removed the caseback of what they believe to be the OF version and confirmed it contains a genuine Sellita SW200 movement?

korky7

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/2/09
I have been looking at both the tf and the original. I believe they could be the same watch. The one thing I noticed is the OR seems to have possibly better ar on the crystal. I could be wrong. My td took pics of thr movement in mine and yes it is the Selita with the decorated rotor. I believe the tf version has the pain rotor. If it is the same watch, it is still not terrible for a couple extra hundred for a real Swiss movement I guess. You can really tell when setting and winding. It's very smooth.

Reactions: percepio

korky7

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/2/09
I have been looking at both the tf and the original. I believe they could be the same watch. The one thing I noticed is the OR seems to have possibly better ar on the crystal. I could be wrong. My td took pics of thr movement in mine and yes it is the Selita with the decorated rotor. I believe the tf version has the pain rotor. If it is the same watch, it is still not terrible for a couple extra hundred for a real Swiss movement I guess. You can really tell when setting and winding. It's very smooth.

Reactions: Oakleyspatz

percepio

You're Saying I Can Buy?
Supporter
Certified
15/2/23
Switzerland
my td didn't want to open the caseback for me unfortunately. "it will damage the watch"
thank you for the heads up, i will make sure to open it myself and check

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
my td didn't want to open the caseback for me unfortunately. "it will damage the watch"
thank you for the heads up, i will make sure to open it myself and check
Ha, if a TD isn’t capable of opening a case back then I’m changing TD.

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
So I was all set to order the blue and black after much thought on the turquoise then checked this thread and saw the orange. That's TF right? from looking earlier on this thread? I think I'm going for blue dial with extra strap and clasp and orange dial with green bracelet and clasp. I emailed just a bit ago with a pic of the Orange but wanted to make sure I had my facts straight and wondered why it wasn't on his site along with the OF factory versions. It wasn't on Theonewatches website either. Anyway, an order is inevitable. Blue for sure, hopefully orange instead of black but black if that's all I can get. I 'd like extra rubber straps too but if blue comes with bracelet and orange comes with strap and clasp that's good enough combo for some gen rubber strap swapping. Thinking about it now I probably shouldn't have even asked about the straps. Probably just confuse them.

Last edited:

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
So I was all set to order the blue and black after much thought on the turquoise then checked this thread and saw the orange. That's TF right? from looking earlier on this thread? I think I'm going for blue dial with extra strap and clasp and orange dial with green bracelet and clasp. I emailed just a bit ago with a pic of the Orange but wanted to make sure I had my facts straight and wondered why it wasn't on his site along with the OF factory versions. It wasn't on Theonewatches website either. Anyway, an order is inevitable. Blue for sure, hopefully orange instead of black but black if that's all I can get. I 'd like extra rubber straps too but if blue comes with bracelet and orange comes with strap and clasp that's good enough combo for some gen rubber strap swapping. Thinking about it now I probably shouldn't have even asked about the straps. Probably just confuse them.
Nice choices, keep in mind these are all 44mm, some gens are the same at 44mm but the orange with green strap (Kelly Slater edition) should be 42mm (a TD has confirmed incorrect size). Whilst differences to gens are inevitable I have been leaning towards the 40mm to 42mm size so that was a deal breaker for me, 42mm is the sweet spot and I would have bought a few of these if they were true to size :cry: