• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Portuguese 7 days

golfnyc

Horology Curious
5/10/15
All my 30s are fine but I have fitted gen dials so was able to position them so the date is more central in the window
I checked all the numbers and they seem pretty central but have to admit I was excited and may have overlooked it being this is my first rep.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

rhc22

26/11/11
I checked all the numbers and they seem pretty central but have to admit I was excited and may have overlooked it being this is my first rep.

The worst thing you can do is study a rep too closely as you can always find minor flaws! Unfortunately this is my problem, I look too closely!
As many have said you can find images of the gen with date wheels that are not perfect. All in all this is a great rep and I don't like to criticise it as I have been waiting for this for ages.
I was so close to buying a gen over the summer but couldn't decide which colour to get, glad I didn't in a way as now I will have all the versions I want and don't have to decide.

tkhiem

Known Member
25/2/14
New finding: whenever I pulled the crown out to set time/date and pushed it back in again, the cogs seemed to be not engaging properly (the escaper wheel was running a bit slower than it should when I looked at it). I.e watch will not run for a few minutes. I had to take iit off and gave it a good shake.

Pamtastic

Renowned Member
31/1/13
Finally Bit the bullet and have mine on the way - sadly purchased before i heard the news about the new movement decoration, but oh well, i am very happy with how this one looks anyhow. QC pics below, I have already approved and its on the way. As is a custom strap from VN. Had him change the color of the bottom side of the strap (Skin side) to a dark red/burgundy, to give it a more unique santoni ish style.

Looking forward to your wrist shots and review, bro!

BuddhistGirafe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/13
Orloff is in the mail ! Now the grueling wait to throw it on. Still waiting for my VNH placeholder as well..

Sent from my Deco Stop

Mds2004

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/5/12
Yeah vnh got behind after he had some accident on the street and spent a week in the hospital. He just emailed me today as an apology for just giving my tracking number today even though he shipped it last week. I also have an orloff strap coming for my 3777. If the quality is that much better I will pick one up for my 5001 as well.

BuddhistGirafe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/13
Yeah vnh got behind after he had some accident on the street and spent a week in the hospital. He just emailed me today as an apology for just giving my tracking number today even though he shipped it last week. I also have an orloff strap coming for my 3777. If the quality is that much better I will pick one up for my 5001 as well.
I've heard nothing but great things about orloff. Hopefully it won't take too long to get here. But yeah Im not sure how much longer the VNH will take. Probably just going to sell it as soon as it gets here anyway. Damn. Hope he's OK though. Was a super nice guy.

Sent from my Deco Stop

golfnyc

Horology Curious
5/10/15
Here's a question that some of you will find silly. How waterproof or unwaterproof is this watch? Should I be careful to even wash my hands? I have no plans to try wearing it in the pool or beach but obviously wash my hands regularly.

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
As far as I have seen the position of the orientation dogs is half a division out so the date jumper would have to changed (a new one made). I don't think the existing one could be modified as the dw has to move forward by the half division and it isn't long enough.

Thanks!

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
eab9dcd7910c30cbce4a0ece4edf32a7.jpg

Coming to a sales section Soon :hehehe:

S???R?I????? :sharrkey:

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Guys,

Quick Question. Does anyone have theirs on a winder? I have mine but the PR still goes down? I currently have it on dual rotation at around 1200 Turns per day (TPD). Anyone else seeing that the winder isnt enough to keep the spring going? When I wear it the PR goes up fine.

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
This thread is slowing down guys - common and keep those pictures coming!!!! I am sure you guys have some nice pictures for us to drool over. Yea that means you sharrkey.