• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Congrats GingerBubba looks lovely.

Sorry this thread almost broke your spirit but I’m glad it met your expectations.

Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may have slightly exaggerated my frustrations to make a point.... :thumbsup:

Thanks though ;)

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Date fonts are highly acceptable IMHO, better than the MKF version and certainly a lot better than the PF version. A custom DWO for the PPF may not be necessary, depending of the demand for one off course. The videos previously shown of the bracelet makes this PPF even more gen like.

Awaiting a thorough and unbiased review of the white and blue dial versions.

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
Finally a dial with markers properly placed ! Getting closer and closer hard to contain the excitement

The 12 o’clock markers are crooked on every picture so far. I wonder how easy they’ll be to adjust. Are they glued on?

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Looks fantastic! A marker re-alignment and relume should be all this one needs to be perfect imo.

Markers are good, what you see on this macro pic isn't visible to the naked eye, even if you are looking at the watch from 20 cm away, my Mk V5 has the exact same slight deviation as this one, and even though I know it, I can't see it. I have a microscope shot that shows how little this is (resorting to microscope shot to shut down nitpickers, fecking hell we are here now...)

And for the lume, don't know what could be enhanced, it's not green, nor yellow, it's an elegant white, matching with the hands.

Those mods are expensive and not worth it in my opinion

BreakYourUglyFace

Horology Curious
30/3/19
A couple of quickies - but it's dark here so I only have rubbish, artificial light. One thing I've just noticed is that at 22.30hrs here, the date is already moving towards the top of the date window (it was perfectly centred earlier). And indeed I've just tested it and the date slowly moves up the window until it clicks over at midnight. So I don't know if that's a tell or if it's Gen like? Anybody? Anyway, a couple of crappy teaser pics:

VIQHGD.jpg

VIQhCs.jpg

VIQd3h.jpg

I know I will get heat from some of the community but I am sad because the thickness is just not QUITE there yet. I can tell just by looking at it at a side profile. Thats the first thing I look at when I see gens in my city and traveling for work is how thick it is. If its not ultra ultra thin - giveaway. same with the AP royal oak. Beautiful watch though - looking at the dial I would never be able to tell

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I know I will get heat from some of the community but I am sad because the thickness is just not QUITE there yet. I can tell just by looking at it at a side profile. Thats the first thing I look at when I see gens in my city and traveling for work is how thick it is. If its not ultra ultra thin - giveaway. same with the AP royal oak. Beautiful watch though - looking at the dial I would never be able to tell

:facepalm:

How do you know you are right ? Did you asked the guy if that was gen or a rep ? You are able to see a 0.5mm give or take mm difference at more than arm length ... I talk of those last rep of the 5711.

You can indeed see some other rep being 5mm thicker than the gen, and if you know the gen well, you could have a doubt

PS : That was the sort of heat you were talking about ? :lol:

applestooranges

Known Member
18/7/18
Glaude While i don't dispute that the flaws are not visible at wrist/normal viewing distance, it is definitely visible on closer inspection. Maybe i'm blessed (or cursed) with sharper eyes than most :p. But different people are here for different reasons, no need to shut down nitpickers imo, getting the "perfect" rep is a part of the game. And both the mods i mentioned are pretty straightforward, if you have the right tools.

Didn't mean to rustle any jimmies. As i said, its a fantastic rep, better than what we have been getting for years... But *perfection* is tempting when its a few hours on the work bench away. Just sharing my opinion.

edit: i would like to dis-associate myself from the members calling out the rep's thickness. That is *not* visible imo, close inspection or not.

Reactions: BlackJaguar

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
it is definitely visible on closer inspection

No it's not and I have very sharp eyes, plus the watch in hand with the same "issue", do you ?

no need to shut down nitpickers

I don't have anything against reasonable nitpicking, markers a bit too yellow or green, heh why not, I don't mind but if others do, etc... What I do mind is when the nitpicking is ruining the fun for everyone, when nothing positive is said (I don't aim at you in particular) but only negative without any solid basis.

Of course the quest for the perfect rep is something I applaud those who are willing to invest time and money in it, and even more if they are willing to take the time to learn and do it themselves.

But this thread has shown how far and unreasonable nitpicking can go, and how it can ruin the whole experience with people nitpicking when they are not even able to tell a gen from a rep on pictures if you don't say which one it is. (I would have loved to see two gen with different dial hue and 3 pages of everyone pointing the flaw, calling out the maker and then showing it was two gen)

I'm not mad at you at all, but I feel like some things need to be said too that we can all enjoy more those type of thread in the future, it was great at the beginning but turned ugly after some time.

You may have taken "the heat" (even though I don't think I've been very harsh with you) but it wasn't really aimed at you, you would have elaborate your first post a bit more, I probably would have mock you with a gif :lol:
If you buy this rep and do some mods on it to be close to perfect, I'll be in line to congratulate you.

BreakYourUglyFace

Horology Curious
30/3/19
:facepalm:

How do you know you are right ? Did you asked the guy if that was gen or a rep ? You are able to see a 0.5mm give or take mm difference at more than arm length ... I talk of those last rep of the 5711.

You can indeed see some other rep being 5mm thicker than the gen, and if you know the gen well, you could have a doubt

PS : That was the sort of heat you were talking about ? :lol:

I dont understand why you think 0.5MM is a little amount to the eye. Its the lines of the design and how it flows. For any sharp trained eye, it is super easy. If it was 0.1MM maybe not...

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I dont understand why you think 0.5MM is a little amount to the eye. Its the lines of the design and how it flows. For any sharp trained eye, it is super easy. If it was 0.1MM maybe not...

Because that's a load of bollocks, that's why I say that.

But you are free to believe it, you are free to continue the quest for your perfect rep, just get an non so perfect rep in the meantime to enjoy it*, otherwise you are missing out I'm afraid

*This post is sponsored by a TD, get a 5711 Rep now and I get 20% off... :lol:

applestooranges

Known Member
18/7/18
Glaude Cheers mate! Congrats on getting yours, i have my eyes on the blue model if and when it comes up! Yeah i agree that its unreasonable to nitpick much unless one has experience with the watches in hand. I believe we call these people nexperts.

Reactions: Glaude

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Glaude Cheers mate! Congrats on getting yours, i have my eyes on the blue model if and when it comes up! Yeah i agree that its unreasonable to nitpick much unless one has experience with the watches in hand. I believe we call these people nexperts.

Cheers and thanks for that terms, I wasn't aware of it and it's a great description !
My experience on this marker alignement issue comes from my fear when I decided to approve my Mk V5 blue QC and with the instant disappearance of it when I received it and saw what was that all about.
If you haven't, check my review on RWG.bz, you'll see for yourself ;)