• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Miyota + decoration + case back = 8.6
That’s impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can kobe24 please put any insight / clarify the confusion about the thickness 9mm vs 8.6mm ?

Here is the thickness of PPF 5711 case.
Yes it is PPF. I saw the case back and the movement. It is PPF. This one is measured by a physical caliper, showing physical indicator: 9mm., not electronics number.
4d1344ea4216c97e64bf5100f11bec40.jpg

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
More pics please

Will do a review in a bit buddy.

First thoughts:

They’ve absolutely nailed this dial. Nice and white but changes to silver in the sunlight.

The date window is spot on. In person the date window not being painted all the way down to the date disc can’t be seen.

Brushing is good, if not a little heavy on the bezel.

Bracelet feels tinny. Not as good as the PF. Clasp needs some serious force to open, feels like I’m going to snap the bracelet every time I open it. Flip lock however is superb. Nice a smooth with the ceramic bearings and easy to open.

Crown is .5mm to long but we knew this.

Date alignments good for the the most part but a few dates sit slightly low. Far better than the ZF aquanaut though.

Rotor is very light. Got a feeling auto winding won’t be great on this. I’ll do a review in a bit once I’ve finished work.

In summary it’s the best Nautilus rep I’ve seen and I’ve had most of them. Not perfect, but nobody’s calling this thing out on the wrist.

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18

First thoughts:

They’ve absolutely nailed this dial. Nice and white but changes to silver in the sunlight.

The date window is spot on. In person the date window not being painted all the way down to the date disc can’t be seen.

Bracelet feels tinny. Not as good as the PF. Clasp needs some serious force to open, feels like I’m going to snap the bracelet every time I open it. Flip lock however is superb. Nice a smooth with the ceramic bearings and easy to open.

Date alignments good for the the most part but a few dates sit slightly low. Far better than the ZF aquanaut though.

Rotor is very light. Got a feeling auto winding won’t be great on this. I’ll do a review in a bit once I’ve finished work.

In summary it’s the best Nautilus rep I’ve seen and I’ve had most of them. Not perfect, but nobody’s calling this thing out on the wrist.

Btw I’ve been questioning why the ppf looks a bit odd, just a weird feeling when I looked at it. I finally realised the front bezel is a bit wider than pf/gen, so it makes the watch looks huge. Do you think so?

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/7/17
Wow it really is 8.6mm? Why does everyone have different readings on the caliper.

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Always wanted a 5711, coming from Rolex reps I honestly think the PPF looks great ootb. A .3 difference is almost impossible to spot....? Shall wait for more reviews and comparisons to PF, MKF and gen. :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Btw I’ve been questioning why the ppf looks a bit odd, just a weird feeling when I looked at it. I finally realised the front bezel is a bit wider than pf/gen, so it makes the watch looks huge. Do you think so?

No it looks spot on to me. Brushing is a little heavy though.

Reactions: Pdatoon

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

First thoughts:

Thanks mate, good to hear. I'm excited to get mine. Looking forward to your pics when you have the time :)

Reactions: bill33

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
men oh men, the moment the package is delivered at your doorstep by the postal services, what an amazing thrilling moment that is. The best moment for me in this hobby. sometimes I leave it on the table untouched for several minutes.

So, how exciting it must be when receiving this new PPF, with all its expectations. The unboxing, Goosebumps when writing this.

I'm gonna wait for the bleu dial reviews from you guys and the overall experience with this new PPF. Bracelet, movement, build quality and so on.

A special thanks for the early adapters, Thx guys for your reviews, photo's and opinions.

ps. And WOW, how slim it looks on the wrist, stunning

Mr.Marbella

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/16
EU
I have been following this thread since quite a while and it really baffles me how OCD most of you guys are..

You seem to forget that the biggest tell of a rep will ALWAYS be the person who wears it.

It seems that people here in the forum tend to believe that having the 100% right dial color or the correct thickness is the most important thing ( while living in a 700€ 60m2 apartment and riding the tube to work where you roughly make about 2000 - 3000€ per month ).

Really don’t want to sound like an ahole, but it seems that most people simply can’t pull of a Nautilus due to their lifestyle...Doesn’t matter how accurate the rep is.

Same goes with Richard Mille reps.

How can you expect other people to believe your RM 35-01 is a Gen while you live paycheck to paycheck ?

And before somebody comes up and tells me „ I tell everybody it’s a rep - Most people know I’m wearing and enjoying reps „ then why the hell are you spending more money to make it accurate ?!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17

Do you know what I think is bigger/a different shape on this one (compared to my MKv5 only as I've sold my PF)? The left 'porthole hinge' for want of a better name. The circled bit on the bottom photo. The MK shape is more like the green lines (well, I've exaggerated it a lot). I've also thrown in a couple of quick wristies I took earlier in direct sunlight and shade, shit pics, but I only had a second.

VIxbZh.jpg

Also, see how the lume looks a very different colour to the markers in the fifth photo - it's not. I think it's a trick of the light. It's because the silver edge of the hands changes colour a lot in different light; as the sun shines off it, the outside of the hands changes from black to silver to grey and back again. It's a nice effect. As that colour seems to change, on the photos at least, it makes the lume appear a different colour. But irl, the lume matches perfectly.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Thanks GingerBubba , your "shit pics" as you say are in fact very nice! :)

To your point about the circled parts, are you saying that the MKF is more gen like? The shape of the PPF seems pretty spot on to me, but you're the one who has had it on his wrist ;)

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/7/17
Would really love to see if someone tried to thin down the case like the 15400 in order to get genspec thickness!

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Would really love to see if someone tried to thin down the case like the 15400 in order to get genspec thickness!

Why? We’re talking tenths of a mm. It cannot be seen, I’d struggle to see it even side by side with the real thing.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Thanks GingerBubba , your "shit pics" as you say are in fact very nice! :)

To your point about the circled parts, are you saying that the MKF is more gen like? The shape of the PPF seems pretty spot on to me, but you're the one who has had it on his wrist ;)

No, I'm not saying either is more Gen like - I've not got a Scoobie which is more accurate unfortunately. I just noticed a slight difference in shape on that part.

TheEC

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/12/18
Italy
I've also thrown in a couple of quick wristies I took earlier in direct sunlight and shade, shit pics, but I only had a second.

The watch is stunning, I guess...all I see is a bunch of red hair :idontno:
Glaude knew it! :D

he would also have to face the flow of criticism about first : his ginger hands (but that has nothing to do with the watch)

Reactions: Glaude