• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Okay, I've totally changed my mind. I think the left porthole hinge is the same size on the MK, but it's so hard to judge because the light bounces off the shiny surfaces and changes the look. The shape is ever so slightly different though I think. It's so marginal, at least irl. A couple of quick pics:

Can't see the difference either ! :punk:

Open case back reps store without ending, that’s why I buy only closed ..

I told you already, stop wearing them upside down, you'll discover that it's not only a piece of jewellery with a spinny thingamabob, but also... wait for it ... a time teller !

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Open case back reps store without ending, that’s why I buy only closed ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Totally agree, stores without ending aren't cool. I watched the Neverending Store recently and I have to say it hasn't aged well indeed...

Reactions: bill33 and Tobel

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Can't see the difference either ! :punk:

I told you already, stop wearing them upside down, you'll discover that it's not only a piece of jewellery with a spinny thingamabob, but also... wait for it ... a time teller !

8.3 8.9 +miyota +deco =
fb66141bf337ff078d0b445245fe43a9.jpg

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
That’s true, the proportion just looks a bit odd and fat to me, but I don’t know how to explain it the whole time lol. I also think the bezel is wider as well, have u got the mks with u to compare?

The early BP 5711 models also had wider bezels.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
8.3 8.9 +miyota +deco =

Can you at least make your idiotic/annoying posts understandable for people ?

The Miyota movement is 3.9mm thick without any decoplate or mod, the Patek Caliber 324SC is 3.3mm total. So it's not like it's impossible for the rep to be thinner

Reactions: BlackJaguar

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
Did the quick below PPF / Gen comparison, and it seems that the bezel is slightly thicker on the PPF, that may be what you're feeling. The rest seems spot on including the side parts (except the crown already discussed)

VIPqyF.jpg

Lens and distance made them look different. Without knowing what they were shot, no point comparing depth

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Can you at least make your idiotic/annoying posts understandable for people ?

The Miyota movement is 3.9mm thick without any decoplate or mod, the Patek Caliber 324SC is 3.3mm total. So it's not like it's impossible for the rep to be thinner

This thread for discussion it’s toys not gens , why you sensitive For Rep like Empire State on wrist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Lens and distance made them look different. Without knowing what they were shot, no point comparing depth

absolutely - orthographic cg pictures cant be compared to pictures taken with a specific lease distortion - unless you convert the pictures by using kind of an equalizer via photoshop for the particular lense etc.

i would say - any doubts regarding the measurements should be addressed with ryans comparison pics with the gen side by side - the case is superb without a doubt. even after 71 pages of compassion and thickness-rage hehe

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I’m not blame the watch it’s Rep , Ryan bullshiting Us in Fake comparison that’s All..

Reactions: vcappp

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Look like ZF not Accept any comparison , and not give any you ku channel or Chinese forums ok for comparison for all ZF PP , Kobe keep silent and can’t finds PPS Dial comparison in HKRWF .

Tobel

6/7/17

Sorry I wasn't clear and should not have used the word thicker. What I meant is that the brushed part of the bezel is wider.

You can see that the outer part of the bezels as well as the inner side (touching the crystal) align (see green lines). However the border between the brushed part of the bezel and the polished part do not (see red lines). Given that the inner and outer borders are at different depths, this can't be explained by lens/distance. In addition, this is the case both on the top and on the bottom, so it's not a different angle of the watch either.

That's very minimal and I'm still very much looking forward to receiving mine. But I think that's what may explain Darude 's impression.

VIw3Cb.jpg

Reactions: ywg and PP4Ever

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
This thread for discussion it’s toys not gens , why you sensitive For Rep like Empire State on wrist

I've never read anywhere in that thread that people were thinking this was better or on par with a gen.

Rep like Empire state on wrist, man get your eyesight checked

Ryan bullshiting Us in Fake comparison that’s All..

The only one bullshitting here is you, Ryan posted comparison pic, they are to be taken with a grain of salt, but so far, everything seems to be confirmed, including your lack of knowledge.

I tell you again, make an effort to speak a little better in here, we can hardly understand you

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I've never read anywhere in that thread that people were thinking this was better or on par with a gen.

Rep like Empire state on wrist, man get your eyesight checked

The only one bullshitting here is you, Ryan posted comparison pic, they are to be taken with a grain of salt, but so far, everything seems to be confirmed, including your lack of knowledge.

I tell you again, make an effort to speak a little better in here, we can hardly understand you

Ok enjoy UR watch you allready trust Ryan Gen thick 8.5 and Real thick 8.3..

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17

I never said that, even showed real gen thickness and the caveats regarding those measurements, said the exact same regarding this release. But so far, people have confirmed his measurement, whereas you are showing nothing but negativity, disbelief and useless posts.

You don't like this release ? Fine, don't post here then, what's the point otherwise ? Do you just want to ruin other people’s experience ?

BIONONE

28/4/17

Are you drunk again?

I remember that time you wanted to delete your RWI account but did not know how to do it - that was the result of the same kind of dilemma.

I hope this doesnt drive you into the same desperation and wish you all the best!

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I never said that, even showed real gen thickness and the caveats regarding those measurements, said the exact same regarding this release. But so far, people have confirmed his measurement, whereas you are showing nothing but negativity, disbelief and useless posts.

You don't like this release ? Fine, don't post here then, what's the point otherwise ? Do you just want to ruin other people’s experience ?

Wow I’m useless posts..
See real thickness here
86a0a7af0bc2a3c04dee1376ffc444d6.jpg

https://carrwatches.com/products/patek-philippe-nautilus-5711-1a-010/

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
It seems that the proportions of the PPF ring are wrong. seems too large compared to GEN and PF.
849a16357233a04fdd75c5b40052849f.jpg
414cf398c74b2a56c23af5d75c233d41.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-N950F utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: ywg and vcappp