• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
It's official, I am getting a PPF. I just got out of my Lambo, and a guy said, hey nice PF Patek 5711 with Keylog DW and 2xr. I said how did you know, he said I could see it was not 8.6mm. hahahaha

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

Gen vs Rep Lambo
255a459bd4bd4866babe54f5621f3944.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamiek84

Known Member
27/3/16
This looks great, another maker out there. More competition means the factories have to up their game to keep customers.

This is almost indistinguishable on the wrist from the gen.

I.own a gen Daytona and have for about 4 years. I cannot tell if someone on the tube, or at a bar is wearing a gen or rep. Without holding them next to each other.

I have been trying to get a gen 5712 for nearly 2 years. Initially I didn't have the money as i had lent it to someone, I just got the money back and there is no way I'm paying grey prices so PPf is the way for me. 5711 isn't my preferred choice, but for a few hundred bucks it'll last me until pf v3, or mks v9.5, or ppf v1000 comes out.

I was out a couple of weeks ago in a hotel bar in London wearing my Jf ap roo and it was pretty much under my sleeve. Bar manager came to the table and said Nice AP, I was holding the drinks menu, so he must of spotted it as I entered. He went back to the bar and my wife said something like "arreghhhh look at you with your AP, you've got a new watch friend..." I said no, its flipping fake, I don't want him to know it's fake, he was pretty loud. So I then kept my arm firmly under the table. She said he works in a bar, he wouldn't be able to tell if it's real. I'm just thinking hes probably an RWI watch geek, knows everything.

He came back to our table, and said your have a great AP brother, I love the leather strap (it's the JF one, plastic) he asked to take a look, he then took a photo of it and told me 4 or 5 times how nice it was. He then lifted his sleeve and showed me his AP. I didn't even recognise the model let alone how far the date wheel was from the 3. He then showed me a photo on his phone where he was in Revolution magazine (Jose Mourinho is on the front cover) the guy that works in a bar wearing a gen AP had a 2 page interview with his Panerai and couldn't tell my JF was fake.

I think Gen owners wouldn't know about fakes. Like if I bought a pair of Nike trainers, I wouldn't research up about fake ones, because I wouldn't care. I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Owners of reps (us lot) are far too critical we are the only ones who compare gens to reps.

I hope GingerBubba does come back with a review. I have a PPF in my basket with Intime. :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
26/9/12
Saw this on Instagram today: "This morning @patekphilippe director Thierry Stern announced that they won’t be producing any Nautilus reference 5711 anymore.
This means that the blue and white dial 5711’s are discontinued."

Reactions: vcappp

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
V132ig.jpg

Genuine watch from Instagram. Thin font date.

Yeah new version of 5711 comes with very thin date font and also it have date aligned to the left, it’s not centered in the DW.
ppf rep is amazing.
We will be seeing whole bunch of PF and PF v2 being listed for sale in a few weeks.

Reactions: vcappp

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Yeah new version of 5711 comes with very thin date font and also it have date aligned to the left, it’s not centered in the DW.
ppf rep is amazing.
We will be seeing whole bunch of PF and PF v2 being listed for sale in a few weeks.

Agreed, a great effort by PPF! Can’t wait for mine to arrive!

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
26/9/12
This looks great, another maker out there. More competition means the factories have to up their game to keep customers.

This is almost indistinguishable on the wrist from the gen.

I think Gen owners wouldn't know about fakes. Like if I bought a pair of Nike trainers, I wouldn't research up about fake ones, because I wouldn't care. I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Agree 100%. If you dont know what flaws to look for, they dont exist. If people dont even know reps exist at this level, then they must conclude the watch is real. I have owned gens and reps and never assume others are wearing reps. And nobody has ever questioned my reps.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
He came back to our table, and said your have a great AP brother, I love the leather strap (it's the JF one, plastic) he asked to take a look, he then took a photo of it and told me 4 or 5 times how nice it was. He then lifted his sleeve and showed me his AP. I didn't even recognise the model let alone how far the date wheel was from the 3. He then showed me a photo on his phone where he was in Revolution magazine (Jose Mourinho is on the front cover) the guy that works in a bar wearing a gen AP had a 2 page interview with his Panerai and couldn't tell my JF was fake.

Owners of reps (us lot) are far too critical we are the only ones who compare gens to reps.

A simple walk through Watchuseek or The Rolex Forums will confirm your very accurate theory. The lack of knowledge about serial batches, hands, case shapes, crown guards, date fonts, etc, is utterly astonishing.

But, if you think about it, it kind of makes sense. For the vast majority of people a luxury watch is more a symbol of status rather than a marvel in design and ingenuity. Most of them simply have tons of cash and buy it because of peer pressure, and just a few buy them because the heritage, the complications or the mechanical prowess exhibited in them. These latter ones are the ones that, only very seldom, post a comment about a watch being a bit fishy because "the hour hand is slightly longer than it should", "the cyclops' edges aren't quite bevelled" or "the date font doesn't completely fill the date window". And still, they would require to be able to look carefully at your watch from close distance and without you moving it (try to spot any detail on a watch, and you will find it more difficult than it seems).

So, let's honour our PFs as they served us well, and let's enjoy our new PPFs, fellas. The king is dead, long live the king!

Last edited:

Jamiek84

Known Member
27/3/16
I've seen on TRF in the past 18 months all gen horror stories. AP logo fell off, screws in bezel put the wrong way round, there was even an aquanaut that the dial had twisted, couple of ROs that had serious water damage. Surely these are poorly made or don't get QC properly, and we are complaining about a fraction of a millimetre. That is like the size of this dot .

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Biertje

Horology Curious
8/2/19
And the rotor noise on gens lol. If the reflection of the blue ppf dial will be good, then this watch is the holy grail rep Patek for me. The small details, you won't see from a distance but the way the dial reflects light, yeah, let this be good! love ppf

Amaiel

Supporter
Certified
27/4/16
My message was totally sarcastic. (Thougth that narnia thing was a good advertisement)

Obviously 0.1mm is impossible to be seen.
O man, it wasn't for you....I did appreciate Narnia actually...

Reactions: extintor