• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Patek Alert! The Cubitus Collection

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
These are going to fly off the shelf for all the reasons above. But mainly because it's a spin on an iconic watch from the preeminent horological house that is instantly recognizable yet also brand new. People are lined up to be seen with the new square nautilus.
The people that buy these would be the same low class that buy LV, Gucci and other luxury brand to show off their "I got the newest hot stuff" to their friends.

that steel green for 42K , say 46k after tax is an absolute slap in the face to the real watch collectors.
It's fucking horrid

Db9s

Getting To Know The Place
12/5/23
Canada
Let’s all be honest here. We all think this is perfectly acceptable for a $500 to $700 rep watch.

Atleast they didn’t release a grand complication line.

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
Initial thoughts…..
hBEjOn.gif

After a couple of days…..
hBEZjE.gif

mrsullivan

Pink Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Well, I actually like it...
Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

Edit : the green plain dial yes 👍
The two others ? Well, RG is not my thing on two tones, and the big date/moonphase type of layout looks better on the 5712 IMO.

Last edited:

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
I read this is 45mm. Is that true? If so that's a massive watch. 45mm with a square case shape wears like a 48-50mm.

Reactions: MaximillianGT

Reaps

25/9/22

Some interesting little details we may have missed on first glance, not that it "changes" my feelings towards the design. The article reads heavily like the classic Hodinkee apologist "non controversial" review takes, aka, don't talk bad about anything.

We have a new type of display for Patek – an instantaneous grand date. This new caliber – 240 PS CI J LU – has no less than six patents to its name, revolving primarily around energy management for the grand date, which is something of an underappreciated technical feat in the world of watchmaking, for all brands – Swiss or otherwise.

What these patents allow for is a jumping seconds that happens in a flash – 18 milliseconds to be specific – or, by most definitions, instantaneously. Considerable work was spent to ensure that the two numerals, which are indeed two different discs but on the same plane, align perfectly within the dial's white-gold apertures. The six patents, for those interested, are a tangential brake, a dual-functioning spring, a dual-functioning spring mechanism, a flexible plate, a flexible connector, and a new kind of positioning system. A lot of the new movement was first considered in the far more complex perpetual calendar mechanism found in the in-line perpetual calendar reference 5236. This is a simple calendar, but still very complex – 353 components – and it requires five adjustments per year.
Another thing to note is the small baguette set into the case :

Paul Newman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/3/15

Some interesting little details we may have missed on first glance, not that it "changes" my feelings towards the design. The article reads heavily like the classic Hodinkee apologist "non controversial" review takes, aka, don't talk bad about anything.

Another thing to note is the small baguette set into the case :

That is actually in every Patek made in platinum

Paul Newman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/3/15
Cool! I learnt something today, thanks for the knowledge. I knew the platinum 5470P monopusher had it but I didn't make the connection until you pointed it out.
It is a nice detail!

Now let's see if any factory finally reps the 330 SC movement!

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
This is the first 'NEW ' collection of PP in the last 25 years...i think it would be somethigng more...refined.

It is too 'in your face', and too 'gypsy'.

Anyway, it will sell A LOT, and 100 % Factories will be relesing Reps of this...maybe even for Xmas ?

Reactions: zinduna and Reaps

Reaps

25/9/22
This is the first 'NEW ' collection of PP in the last 25 years...i think it would be somethigng more...refined.

It is too 'in your face', and too 'gypsy'.

Anyway, it will sell A LOT, and 100 % Factories will be relesing Reps of this...maybe even for Xmas ?
I'm just disappointed they did something somehow that is both "safe" and "gaudy" at the same time. I kinda wish they would have fully committed to something safe, or something so out of their ball park. It would have been more fun if Patek did something crazy out of their ball park like a dive watch (they never will, I know). Instead we got a half baked Nautilus square with a repeat of the Nautilus style dial.

Something like a repeat of :

Would have been super cool as well.