• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Patek Alert! The Cubitus Collection

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
AP burned their fingers with the Code, now they know better than to discontinue the Royal Oak and come up with some abomination.
Patek are learning the lesson with the wrong watch, risking their future.
This mistake - if this watch fails as big as the first reactions suggest - will destroy them long term. They won’t feel much in the short term, as there are enough people with stupid money.
I’ve been considering going down the road of making a ‘relationship with the AD’ (read use my money on random stuff to get in line for the interesting things’. But honestly 42.000€ plus taxes for this abomination is insanity and removes any incentive to buy anything new from the AD.
Why would you now want to buy an overpriced Calatrava, a 5205, a 5524, a 5396 or something like that from the AD, when you could have them for almost half the price on Chrono24?!

The AD told me to buy two other pieces to get a Aquamaut or Nautilus. Now they can stick those two pieces where the sun doesn’t shine. I ain’t using my hard earned money to get in line for this abomination.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Dude. This watch will not fail.
I agree with this cunt....

In the Patek collector group there are already a lot of people lining up for it, HOWEVER most are buying it for investment reasons, not because they like it.

And I don't think it'll make getting the Nautilus or Aquanaut any easier

Even though it's highway robbery for these pieces of shit

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Guys guys I figured it out. We are just peasants who don't understand Patek. The watch was clearly designed as a set to wear with the new Patek cufflinks. We riff raff wouldn't understand.

hQi3go.png

They have camping light also

Cubby

Known Member
11/4/24
There has been lots of hate towards this watch. As a PP fan I would be interested in seeing one in the flesh. Hopefully someone will come up with a NWBIG rep of this watch.

Reactions: Dave2302

Db9s

Getting To Know The Place
12/5/23
Canada
From the Holy Trinity (PP, AP and VC), to the Holy Duality ?

Reading around, on other boards and on Reddit, seems that watch enhusiast are not thrilled...anyway i repeat, for sure it will sell.
And a lot.
If there is one brand no one cares about it’s Vacheron. The duality is now AP and Patek.

It’s the same with the automotive world. Enthusiasts don’t mean more sales. They don’t matter. Your customers matter and the fact we are all talking about it, means Patek is a whole lot more successful with Cubitus than Vacheron is with their entire doozy lineup.

Reactions: Reaps

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
If there is one brand no one cares about it’s Vacheron. The duality is now AP and Patek.

It’s the same with the automotive world. Enthusiasts don’t mean more sales. They don’t matter. Your customers matter and the fact we are all talking about it, means Patek is a whole lot more successful with Cubitus than Vacheron is with their entire doozy lineup.
Dear @Db9s ; it is true what you write.

But it is sad...nowadays it is all about the brand and not the uniqueness or the high end of the products.

Take the new Lambo Revuelto: the most anonymous car ever built by Lamborghini (Audi, should i say).
Same thing with the Cubitus: bland, mundane, uninspiring, NOT high end.

Of course it will be bought by soccer players, and so on...i repeat for the 1000s time, the sales will be great.

But for me, PP should do WAY better. Also the Cufflinks are bland ! :(

Remaining in topic, i noticed that the Caliber 260 seems way too small ofr the 45 mm case

Patek-philippe-cubitus-2024-back-movement-caliber-240.jpg

The rotor will be nboisy like the Cal 240 (it is the same ,basically) ....in the end: a SS watch with a (VERY) bland Genta ripoff design, an old caliber...all of this for 45 k $.

Sure, financially it will work...but for me AP with the [re]Master02 ,or even with the so hasterd Code 11.59 did better, in my opinion.