• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ORF SMPc 300m A8800 released today

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
ORF is similar with edges needing softening but this a rep thing generally so I won’t hold it against ORF for that but overall it’s way better detailed than VSF!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
I just had VSF and ORF in hand, and you can definitely feel a difference in the mid-link edges. Significantly less sharp on the ORF.
Still not getting tired of this thing...

Zg5mKi.jpg

Zg5aNX.jpg

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Something I've just now noticed on all the ORF pics so far (including mine) - and maybe someone has mentioned it before - but the Omega logo above the name Omega in every ORF shown is off-center to the right. Now I can't unsee it.

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
Something I've just now noticed on all the ORF pics so far (including mine) - and maybe someone has mentioned it before - but the Omega logo above the name Omega in every ORF shown is off-center to the right. Now I can't unsee it.

pretty sure thats how gen is looking at Omega's own CGI shots of the watch. Logo sits just above the vertical line of the E.

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
pretty sure thats how gen is looking at Omega's own CGI shots of the watch. Logo sits just above the vertical line of the E.

No, look at the distance from the wave cutout, left and right. Then you’ll see it.

Sent from the RWI App

didjital7

Renowned Member
30/1/21
I remember this getting talked about in the vsf thread. Turns out gens are that way too, and sometimes to the left also...iirc

didjital7

Renowned Member
30/1/21

This is my vsf. I've stared at this for ever and can't quite figure out what is specifically wrong, but the polished bits on the SEL look different than the bracelet. It might actually be the brushed section making it look different...I'm not sure.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I wanted a blue one for a while but VSF is closed and ORF is a completely different color. Still waiting for a good one...

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20

This is my vsf. I've stared at this for ever and can't quite figure out what is specifically wrong, but the polished bits on the SEL look different than the bracelet. It might actually be the brushed section making it look different...I'm not sure.

Vsf bracelet is inconsistent. Sel polishedparts are thinner and rounded whereas the bracelet sections are flat and sharp edged with some slightly recessed and some flush or protruding. Orf is much closer to gen with wider flatter sel sections and more consistent bracelet parts with polished smooth edges.

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Yeah mine is not that bad although it is a fraction off centre but you really have to look close. I’ve seen blue dials that are pretty bad for that.

didjital7

Renowned Member
30/1/21
My vsf looks like the black one 2 posts up. All the text and logo is ever so slightly to the left. You can't tell really unless you take a pic and zoom in though...