• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ORF SMPc 300m A8800 released today

angrynewb

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/4/21
USA
It looks blurry and semi-transparent,

If your referring to blurry as in my photos then its likely because I had been handling the watch and there were some smudges on the glass. I doubt the factory used different glass on the white bezel than they did on the other colors. Or i just have a shitty camera :) .
ZbL97J.jpg

Last edited:

Berwatch

Known Member
13/10/20
No, I mean the dial should be opaque, in the sense that it doesn't let any light through in the gen.
The rep dial looks just wrong, like too thin, and not defined, that's what I meant by "blurry".
A pity, because the gen is a stunning watch.
Omega-Seamaster-Diver-Pic-17.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: angrynewb

Aramis2288

Supporter
Certified
27/3/17
True. I've noticed the same difference between my white VSF and the gen. In real life, it's pretty obvious.

Top - Gen, bottom - VSF.
Now, the ORF dial looks even more "blurry".

screenshot-2021-05-19-185958.Z0OKeS

screenshot-2021-05-19-185958.Z0OKeS

Last edited:

Aramis2288

Supporter
Certified
27/3/17
The only thing worth noting is that the gen on the top has been taken under the 'perfect' LED light of the Omega boutique, while the VSF on the bottom is just a wrist shot in the direct, strong sunlight.

ZbipSc.png

Last edited:

Max Cady

Aquaracer
27/8/20
Hofbräuhausen
Yes the Orf is closer to gen in most important ways but the blue is darker than gen but that said Vsf blue is too bright compared to gen so pick your poison.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But in general you are still happy with the ORF?
I was going to pull the trigger on the VSF black dial, but i changed now to ORF (i dont care about decoration of movement)

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
I think the lighting plays a big part...or maybe I just got lucky with my VSF v2:

Zblprp.jpg

ZblCE5.jpg

Reactions: JNSD

Aramis2288

Supporter
Certified
27/3/17
I think the lighting plays a big part...or maybe I just got lucky with my VSF v2

Yes, it does. With the white dial SMP300 more than with any other watch, I think. First for the dial and second (perhaps even more important) for whether the lume on the markers appears to be white or yellowish.

Last edited:

Aramis2288

Supporter
Certified
27/3/17
Well, I've had this white VSF v2 for awhile and just ordered the black ORF. Let's see how it compares!

Awesome idea. Comparing rep to a gen is one thing, but I don't think I've seen anybody comparing VSF to ORF.