• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ORF SMPc 300m A8800 released today

didjital7

Renowned Member
30/1/21
Replisimio.... I can't remember if you have a blue vsf or not.... but if you do, how does the blue compare? Is it lighter or darker? It looks darker in the pics you posted. Here's my vsf.

Takemetothepub

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/8/15
Ordered the Rose Gold and Black Face version after Trusty sent out an email saying in stock. Once paid told me It's not in stock. Great. Do hate it when dealers do that!

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
I have a vsf insert in my parts box somewhere but yes it is darker but then vsf is a bit lighter than gen as I’ve previously compared the two. Gen is somewhere in between. ORF is a flatter blue shade than VSF and gen. I’ll dig it out later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Here we go, vsf insert side by side with orf

7618a7740389c50d9c5836a7516ff79c.jpg

6678766afeb9e4577c8c3d585ae4f771.jpg

0f5adcf355ecfc2c10bbada08aec19fe.jpg

2668a3c5eb7e57c0b887acc4eec70323.jpg

Reactions: Jayalvin777

didjital7

Renowned Member
30/1/21
I can't see the comparison pics for some reason....
But the insert looks a touch lighter than the dial in the second post. I think I like the color of the orf better as the vsf is just a touch too bright for me... looks a little too "primary color", if you know what I mean. I'm liking that orf!

adamz1111

21/5/21
I put in an order for a for a blue VSF V2 with Trustytime earlier today, but I am heavily considering messaging him and asking to change the order to the blue ORF. What do you guys think, should I tmake the change? Is the ORF overall a closer rep than the VRF V2 to the Gen?

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
I put in an order for a for a blue VSF V2 with Trustytime earlier today, but I am heavily considering messaging him and asking to change the order to the blue ORF. What do you guys think, should I tmake the change? Is the ORF overall a closer rep than the VRF V2 to the Gen?

Yes the Orf is closer to gen in most important ways but the blue is darker than gen but that said Vsf blue is too bright compared to gen so pick your poison.

angrynewb

11/4/21
USA
My white dial arrived today and because this is my first rep I don't have a ton of knowledge on what to look for. That said we all knew the seamaster color was going to be wrong. But overall I'm happy with the watch at first glance.

The bezel appears a bit loose and has some play, maybe one of you know how to tighten that up?
The date numbers also look like they line up slightly to the left of the window. Lume looks fine to me and I don't really notice any yellow.

In the first few pictures there was some plastic still stuck to the bracelet, I didn't notice it till I ​​​​​​was looking at the photos myself.
Z001Ss.jpg
Z006tD.jpg
Z00neY.jpg
Z00yP3.jpg
Z00tHo.jpg

Last edited:

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Ok, I'm a little confused here. Before I bought my black and blue VSF versions July of last year I read the 4000 post thread containing about a year of postings about the VSF and from what i recall VSF was excellent and near perfect except crooked markers, mismatch lume and too small crown guards. That's it. Now I see new seamasters out there while browsing, come here to look up ORF and now people are saying VSF case and bracelet aren't good and ORF is better. VSF bracelet (and case to some degree) I thought was universally thought to be just about exact match to gen. Here I see ORF polished bits on the bracelet seem more rounded and don't sit as flush with the brushed parts and the edges seem less crisp??? Is the gen supposed to have more rounded polished parts? Replisiomo says "it falls short in areas" or something a couple times but never lists those areas either VSF falls short in or that ORF is better in. Why would you say falls short in "areas" but not say what they are? More accurate profile also said buy Replissiom (SP?) but what is wrong with VSF profile? Again not mentioned. I"m just saying that I read that HUGE 100+ 4000 post thread that took me two to three weeks to read and nobody mentioned these shortcomings that i recall and now it seems like VSF is almost considered garbage but nobody mentioned exactly what is better about ORF except whiter lume. Vaguely mentioning "better case and bracelet" doesn't tell me what is better. Are we talking brushing texture is more accurete to gen? less crisp edges? more round polished parts? I don't remember these being problems on the VSF. Am I missing something? Did the 4000 post take a U-turn for the bad that I missed?

Last edited:

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Angrynewb your white dial looks great. The white dial is why I started looking up seamasters again. Have the blue, had the black but the white dial is so interesting to me. I might need to pick one up. That last wrist shot is fantastic with good lighting and and a little zoomed out for size perspective.

Berwatch

Known Member
13/10/20
To me, the white dial in gen indeed looks fantastic but the rep isn't even close. It looks blurry and semi-transparent, + makes the wrong "seamaster" colour that more obvious.
Relating to the difference between Vsf and Orf, I think Orf is a tad closer to gen in the black,( and maybe the blue) iterations, the main differences coming to small details like size of crown guards, slightly better finish on the bracelet.
The Orf Nekton is vastly superior to the Vsf though, the finish around the numbers on the bezel is day and night compared to Vsf.