• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

john.harris

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
8/11/20
It's the V2 and even with the thinner numerals which I'm not bothered about and barely noticeable in the flesh tbh, it looks great!

50586921007_6ecee1fe32_b.jpg

yes it does. looks perfect mate :) mayve you can halp me here guys. i have few rolexes and patek reps, but i would like to buy my first omega. i decided for 2201.50 planet ocean. i cant find it anywhere. do you have some suggestions which td should i contact, or are any of you fellas would be willing to sell yours if you have it? :)

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Gen new version is out and about. Note the interesting changes made to the bracelet....

50589786451_94b6e60386_b.jpg

That is interesting. Had no idea they were updating the mesh bracelet. Have they amended the watch at all?

Bet there are a load of Chinese factory engineers just holding their head in their hands after their steel blueprint for the titanium mesh had just got so close and then this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lazza

Known Member
13/11/17
That is interesting. Had no idea they were updating the mesh bracelet. Have they amended the watch at all?

Bet there are a load of Chinese factory engineers just holding their head in their hands after their steel blueprint for the titanium mesh had just got so close and then this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

So they have changed the actual Genuine 8k watch? why on earth would they do that, and how would you feel if you had just paid out 8k on a watch that is now been upgraded?

Last edited:

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't look like the watch looks different other than the mesh changes. I honestly hope the replicas won't follow suit. Because this only makes the watch less accurate to the one in the movie with the new mesh. Not sure why Omega even changed it. Very weird. I'm guessing the genuine ones with the first version of the mesh is more desirable now considering it's more accurate to the one worn in the movie.

So they have changed the actual Genuine 8k watch? why on earth would they do that, and how would you feel if you had just paid out 8k on a watch that is now been upgraded?

Well if I had the gen first version, I would prefer the first one because its movie accurate. Wouldn't even consider this change Omega did to the mesh an upgrade.

Last edited:

Lazza

Known Member
13/11/17
Doesn't look like the watch looks different other than the mesh changes. I honestly hope the replicas won't follow suit. Because this only makes the watch less accurate to the one in the movie with the new mesh. Not sure why Omega even changed it. Very weird. I'm guessing the genuine ones with the first version of the mesh is more desirable now considering it's more accurate to the one worn in the movie.

Well if I had the gen first version, I would prefer the first one because its movie accurate. Wouldn't even consider this change Omega did to the mesh an upgrade.

I know it's not the same but Swatch with the Q watch, (which is in the film) sold out like lighting, so now they have released it again, but this time instead of Red hands, you have Blue hands and a Red back instead of White. Did not even know about it, till i saw it on the Bond Experience, but for the Omega it never sold out, as its not a limited edition. Maybe there were issues from users on the original strap? Might ask Omega

freefallrlc

21/6/15
WTF?!
now we have to wait till V12 before we see a perfect rep ???? :p

Dont see the point why they changed it. The lug area looks less good if you ask me. Wonder if they changed the clasp somehow and the mesh end also looks different.

Last edited:

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Simply a design change on Omega's part which is weird and very sudden. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

There must be a reason why they changed it. I'd rather VSF stick with the original design, much more movie accurate.

49840273611_c2bb7b9d49_b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Carrick1

Chesterfield

Known Member
14/7/15
its so bloody hard to find watchmaker that will work on reps. i ask why is that. i mean, money is money, whats the difference if repairing unbranded watch, or rep omega, jesus, its not like ill call the cops on the guy after he fixes my bloddy watch!

In many instances, it's not about watchmakers flat out not wanting to work on reps. It's mainly because many watchmakers simply don't have the parts needed to fully fix the issues that stop the reps from working properly. Believe it or not but the way the Chinese make and construct their reps can be frustratingly complicated and many watchmakers outside of China either don't have or find it difficult sourcing the specific parts needed to solve the issues. To them, it's more trouble than it's worth and in consequence is a waste of their time so they simply don't bother working on reps.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Maybe the redesigned parts of the mesh is to prevent a breakage like this from happening. Here's a gen titanium mesh that broke clean off from the clasp area. I'm here wondering how the heck that can even happen... Ouch.

50590245571_b5846885ab_b.jpg

Chesterfield

Known Member
14/7/15
Maybe the redesigned parts of the mesh is to prevent a breakage like this from happening. Here's a gen titanium mesh that broke clean off from the clasp area. I'm here wondering how the heck that can even happen... Ouch.

50590245571_b5846885ab_b.jpg

This is why ultimately the price tag for this watch is a joke. It's a nice watch but it's not north of £7,000 nice. For all the hype surrounding the implementation of Titanium and it's overall craftsmanship, this sort of breakage at this price point is unacceptable. This is what happens when you allow an actor to design a watch because the wrist he wanted to slash a few years ago can't cope with wearing stainless steel for too long.

boodoo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/4/20
Just received my V3.5 NTTD today. If I’m being honest probably one of my most disappointing reps. The dial looks great and case shape and weight is true to Gen. However the bezel is very poor and cheap feeling, quite a bit of play both around the face but also horizontally weirdly. It is constantly about a mm off which is not great for my OCD. Is this a common problem? The mesh bracelet I also find is heavy and uncomfortable but I guess the latter judgement is subjective. The nato strap has been well documented here and I don’t have much more to add, just feels like a cheap strap from eBay. The lume is nice for the few seconds it lasts.

Sorry if I come across negative, maybe I got a dodgy watch. I know there are a lot of fans on this thread and I think most people might be able to overlook these issues. A new strap might revive it for me. Let’s see how it grows on me over the next few weeks but probably gonna end up on the sales section.

Anyways here are some pics of it on different straps.

Last edited:

john.harris

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
8/11/20
after all i learned and read abbout the watch, now omega changed it. bloody hell. haha for bond fans i think its better that the factoryes dont change it. i couldnt care less about that part of the bracelet, but i can imagine majority of people buying this watch are bond fans... so its better for factoryes to stick to movie version aswell.

Chesterfield

Known Member
14/7/15
The factories need to focus on getting the colour and more importantly the weave pattern of the mesh bracelet right, before anything else.

Reactions: Bonestorm19