• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Looking at the live pictures of imranbecks watch to compare rather than trusty’s website images I’d say it’s a v2 bezel. Still looks great though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
This was a v3 posted the other day.

affe6d247ba4d2d895400202eb5255ad.jpg

The numbers are tucked tightly up against the bezel edge.

I’d say yours is a v2. For me the biggest tell between rep and gen to date has been to look at the space between the 20 and the bezel edge. Yours has that significant space whereas the v3 doesn’t appear to.

Take5

Known Member
14/5/20
This was a v3 posted the other day.

affe6d247ba4d2d895400202eb5255ad.jpg

The numbers are tucked tightly up against the bezel edge.

I’d say yours is a v2. For me the biggest tell between rep and gen to date has been to look at the space between the 20 and the bezel edge. Yours has that significant space whereas the v3 doesn’t appear to.

After some very very tedious image comparison I think Gen is actually somewhere between the version I posted at 06.02, and the V3 photo quoted in this post. In the v3 image the bezel numbers actually looks closer to the edge than the gen..

Last edited:

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
After some very very tedious image comparison I think Gen is actually somewhere between the version I posted at 06.02, and the V3 photo quoted in this post. In the v3 image the bezel numbers actually looks closer to the edge than the gen..

Sometimes the amount of light and reflection from light colours in images makes the text look more bold on some images than on others, so it’s still hard to tell from images! One thing I did notice was that the engraving on the v3 bezel looks quite deep and I’m not too keen on that.

Will be interesting to see MrBurgundys comparison of gen and v2 when his arrives.

MrBurgundy

Known Member
31/3/20
And my watch is delivered! Unfortunately it was dropped off this evening so i'll have to wait until tomorrow to get some comparison pics in natural light...

...but here's a little taste under artificial light (hopefully there won't be anymore whining about the colour now ;))

FYI is the v2...and before anyone asks, no I don't have the latest VSF bracelet or the gen one to compare it to.

TWlpi.jpg

Last edited:

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Yeah gen on the right.

It will be interesting to see if the hour markers on the gen are actually bigger (more maxi) or whether it’s just how the light is catching the applied edges. Colour wise it looks spot on, but the nato shows a lack of attention to detail imho.

Can’t wait for the follow up images.

Reactions: Bonestorm19

Bonestorm19

Known Member
27/1/20
CANADA
Yeah gen on the right.

It will be interesting to see if the hour markers on the gen are actually bigger (more maxi) or whether it’s just how the light is catching the applied edges. Colour wise it looks spot on, but the nato shows a lack of attention to detail imho.

Can’t wait for the follow up images.

I knew from the start that the nato was lacking. Will definitely splurge for a gen nato if I can come across one.

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
17/4/17
And my watch is delivered! Unfortunately it was dropped off this evening so i'll have to wait until tomorrow to get some comparison pics in natural light...

...but here's a little taste under artificial light (hopefully there won't be anymore whining about the colour now ;))

FYI is the v2...and before anyone asks, no I don't have the latest VSF bracelet or the gen one to compare it to.

TWlpi.jpg
Wow, the hour markers on the gen are definitely bigger. The red "Seamaster" is brighter on the gen. The dial font is also thicker/brighter on the gen.

The bezel finish on the rep is close, but the gen looks a bit more even and smooth. Bezel font is definitely thicker on the gen.

The strap yellow line stitching is straight and thicker on the gen strap vs the rep which is kind of staggered. Lastly, the rep strap seems shinier where the gen is more matte.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone

Glad I wasn't wrong about the colours being spot on with the gen. When I opened up my package from Trusty a month ago now, I was stunned at how the colour looked exactly like the gen that I tried on in Feb. Burgundy's post further proves my point.

Differences are subtle and only obvious if seen side by side. The rep isn't too bad at all now when seen with the gen. Its still a beauty. I'm sticking with my V2. Bring on the titanium mesh!

Reactions: Bonestorm19

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
My v2 arrived today with v3 mesh.

The v3 mesh is nice actually. very smooth to the touch and the clasp is well engineered. For me though this strap is difficult to wear with a thin wrist, as the excess mesh pokes out under the side of the strap as the wrist moves. So maybe I won’t be snapping up the titanium one as I thought I would.

I am wearing this on my gen Spectre Nato and will likely get another nato specifically for this watch, perhaps a tan or dark brown leather or the omega polyester nato in dark brown.

The bezel looks darker than I expected but it is dull here today so I’m struggling to see the chocolate brown others have mentioned or shown in images just yet. The bezel, like others has a fair amount of play and I’m surprised to see the naiad lock can be twisted open and closed using just two fingers so this probably won’t be joining me in the shower or pool as I have with other reps. The rotor has some noise but so did my vsf v2 diver 300 and this titanium case probably doesn’t do much to muffle the sound.

Don’t get me wrong, it certainly looks good and pretty much what I expected. But it hasn’t surpassed any expectations just yet. I’ll get some images up later.

Reactions: fuzzmex and Cloney

jasonlee123

Horology Curious
21/2/20
The v3 mesh is nice actually. very smooth to the touch and the clasp is well engineered. For me though this strap is difficult to wear with a thin wrist, as the excess mesh pokes out under the side of the strap as the wrist moves. So maybe I won’t be snapping up the titanium one as I thought I would.

Hi Matt, can I know your wrist size? Cuz my wrist is just around more than 6 inches and I'm worried that the mesh couldn't fit me well...