• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 6542 - budget factory option by TS-Station

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Any of the old folded metal bracelets felt that way, there is plenty of comments about that on the Rolex forums. Some people love it and say it gives the watch some character, others hate it as they are more used to the new and robust ones. I went back to the rivet one, but not the one that came with the watch but one from Tiger-Concept I had lying around at home. Just swapped the clasps and I kind of like it.

Reactions: Vitor747

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Mine made all kind of noises like metal hitting metal
It felt like it was going to break any second and didnt trust it

I have never seen a gen 6542 but giving its age Iwould imagine the bracelet would be flimsy too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maybe oil bath / ultrasonic cleansing could help a bit but at one point nothing else can really be done (put a tan leather strap with end links...)

Reactions: Vitor747

Vitor747

14/1/19
Puerto Rico
Really enjoying mi 6542 from TS Station

b86c96c8349b4161af9c96a9bf3f9b75.jpg

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I just heard that my 6542 arrived! My wife called to tell me that a watch "in a very nice brown box" had come (at the same time as an order from Perfect Clones, which included a new DJ for her!).

I wasn't sure I'd get the same presentation box, having ordered the cheaper, non "hand-built" version, so this is a bonus. Also, that's a fast delivery time - 5 days at the most from China to the UK. Sweet.

Now I can't wait to get home and check out all the new goodies!

Reactions: Hor-Fan

lepetitamericain

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
6/3/19
I just heard that my 6542 arrived! My wife called to tell me that a watch "in a very nice brown box" had come (at the same time as an order from Perfect Clones, which included a new DJ for her!).

I wasn't sure I'd get the same presentation box, having ordered the cheaper, non "hand-built" version, so this is a bonus. Also, that's a fast delivery time - 5 days at the most from China to the UK. Sweet.

Now I can't wait to get home and check out all the new goodies!

Take some nice pics and post! :)

W124E

Known Member
16/5/19
I just found out that mine got seized at U.S. Customs this morning...

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Double bummer, sorry to hear this bro. TS Watch not being a TD they won't reship free, total loss. What method of shipment was used, and at which customs location was it seized?

You can expect a letter from Rolex U.S.A. attorney firm. More info about that here.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ter-from-rolex

Copy of letter you will get here

https://www.repgeek.com/discuss-gene...ex-hitman.html

Last edited:

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
It's not the end of the world. While TS is not a Trusted Dealer, they still offer customs protection so you can always follow the normal route. Inform them about what happened, wait for the customs letter, send a scanned copy to TS and hopefully they will ship a new one via a different route. Good luck, hope you get it!

W124E

Known Member
16/5/19
Thanks, Hinclimincli ! I'm hoping that they're willing to help. I reached out to them as soon as I found out; with the time difference, I should hear back from them tonight.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It's not the end of the world. While TS is not a Trusted Dealer, they still offer customs protection so you can always follow the normal route. Inform them about what happened, wait for the customs letter, send a scanned copy to TS and hopefully they will ship a new one via a different route. Good luck, hope you get it!

TS Watch lost their TD status for exactly that reason. They will not reship free. All their sales are PWS - Purchase Without Service. Once they ship they have no further responsibility.

SuperTopGun

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/2/15
TS Watch lost their TD status for exactly that reason. They will not reship free. All their sales are PWS - Purchase Without Service. Once they ship they have no further responsibility.

Confirmed

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Can you help the rest of us by letting us know the shipping method and point of seizure?

Thanks bro.

W124E

Known Member
16/5/19
KJ2020 Absolutely; it made it through Customs on Friday in Cincinnati, then made it to my home city in NY State this weekend. It was seized by local CBP this morning after it arrived at the local DHL sorting center.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ2020 Absolutely; it made it through Customs on Friday in Cincinnati, then made it to my home city in NY State this weekend. It was seized by local CBP this morning after it arrived at the local DHL sorting center.

Wow, never saw it happen that way before. I thought CBP was done with their involvement once it left Cincinnati (or other sort facility). This is not good news, way too close to home!

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I was soooooo excited that my 6542 had arrived. Now that I've had a chance to handle it... Well, let's say that the excitement diminishes pretty rapidly. I will keep it, for sure - but as plenty of others have reported in this thread, it suffers from a whole set of issues that will need addressing.

Here's what I've noticed so far:
  • The scratchy, sharp bezel is horrible!
  • The fit of the bezel insert is pretty ropy.
  • The bezel insert paint is damaged in a couple of places.
  • Although I didn't order the "hand-built" version, mine has come with plenty of crud on the dial and under the crystal.
  • The hands look about 40 years older than the dial.
  • The second hand sometimes catches on the minute hand and stops.
  • The lume is badly applied in places and seems like someone dipped the dial in cotton wool while it was still wet.
  • Using the winding mechanism is painfully tight, winding is almost impossible.
  • Winding is also almost impossible because setting the stem to the right position tightens the crown onto the tube - any further out and the date change is engaged.
  • The DWO isn't as well aligned as it looked in the QC pics.
So, plenty of things that will need attending to, which is fine - I'd read all the reports here, but you still kind of think, "Hey, maybe mine will be the one they got all the niggles ironed out on". :)

I'll add it to the growing pile of reps I've collected that need work, and it will help me get better at watchology.

Pictures will be coming, when I've read up on how to post them here... :)

Oh, and W124E - sorry to hear about your customs seizure. What a total bummer.

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Easier to just add some pics of mine using Tapa...

5bae733f7473b9f96004d230a2fbbb94.jpg

c0ad5585912586fec56f612e219b1e4e.jpg

And with the second hand stuck against the minute hand...

3680c63df1117d8b41cc7665957e8ebf.jpg

Reactions: Hor-Fan

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Thanks KJ2020 buddy. I’ve been using Imgur for RG posts but quickly found that’s not an option here! And I was too tired this evening to check the how-to posts. So your advice is appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

Vitor747

14/1/19
Puerto Rico
My bezel is really loose
It turns by itself sometimes of how loose it is
Also the edges of the bezel are extremely sharp and get caught in everything.
Was planning to sand them down a bit
Any tips?
Can you remove the bezel and make the spring tighter so it isnt as loose?

Thanks