• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5711 Nautilus Modder/Factory - BUFF?

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Out of curiosity, what is the buying price of a gen blue 5711 dial nowadays?

Reactions: AASoliman

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
He’s a watch collector my my country. I honestly think buff dials are based on 2019 box dials which I have to admit is really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i dozed off watching it...

i wish PP reintroduced the "blue" dial back as Ben in the video with ED Sheeran guessed

h.pagani158

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/6/21
I’m also still so confused why ppl are still insisting on matching the hand lumes to the dial markers…gen hands don’t ever match! Just watch any random 5711 blue dial of any year, w boxed or unboxed logo on YouTube!

Here’s one in 4k res:
https://youtu.be/NlwI2GBmwyA

Last edited:

h.pagani158

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/6/21
To my ears, he has a strong Singlish accent, so I’m guessing you’re from sg?

I went to elementary & secondary in sg, left for the states after O levels :)

He’s a watch collector my my country. I honestly think buff dials are based on 2019 box dials which I have to admit is really nice.

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
To my ears, he has a strong Singlish accent, so I’m guessing you’re from sg?

I went to elementary & secondary in sg, left for the states after O levels :)

Bingo!

Hoped you enjoyed your time here. Singapore is a good place to visit, but super expensive to live in!

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
I’m also still so confused why ppl are still insisting on matching the hand lumes to the dial markers…gen hands don’t ever match! Just watch any random 5711 blue dial of any year, w boxed or unboxed logo on YouTube!

Here’s one in 4k res:
https://youtu.be/NlwI2GBmwyA

Lume is always the same base color. It appears more green or brighter because there is a bigger surface area for the lume to shine through. Never understood what’s the issue with that.

So it seem mismatched but it’s not, it’s just brighter and your mind is fucked.

So mismatch is not wrong, because it’s physics. Big area more light.

So if anyone wants to reduce the intensity of the lume on the hands because of that, I would as them why?

Happens on plenty of watches

Last edited:

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
Buff dial sunblast is just little bit more then gen only. It doesnt have any sunblast under sun light, in door light. The only time you see sunblast is when under yellowlish spotlight. Gen also have sun blast under spot light.( some of them)
Box dial does have different color and reflections then non box. I guess its because everyone is looking at youtube video which are shoot under white light and sunlight so you dont see the sunblast.

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
https://youtu.be/O5MKYogISx0

Another video to show the sunburst of gen dials as well

OMG .. this is a 3k not gen. i wonder if the guy know since he suppose to be a gen watch shop owner.
the case fat link and the crown guard must be 3k. And look at the movement. Whoever buy from him will be in deep shit.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Lume is always the same base color. It appears more green or brighter because there is a bigger surface area for the lume to shine through. Never understood what’s the issue with that.

So it seem mismatched but it’s not, it’s just brighter and your mind is fucked.

So mismatch is not wrong, because it’s physics. Big area more light.

So if anyone wants to reduce the intensity of the lume on the hands because of that, I would as them why?

Happens on plenty of watches

I disagree. I can't see such a mismatch on my stock 3KF dial under direct sunlight.

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
For those who concern about the date alignment here is a Gen 5726 patek
What the guys here would do with this date alignment in a rep? Lol… FYI it’s clearly a gen and it looks like the date midnight change is not engaged

961521787c290ecee6c3c0335b7e74b2.jpg

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
Reading all the comments here, Im more confused as to what blue is the best. Is the PPF white still the best? or is there someone better?