• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Navitimer 1 Chronograph 41 by KOR factory - live pics!

4bro

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/1/21
Germany
But I would say the watch is an absolute beauty. The longer I look at it, the more I like it. The alignment on mine is almost perfect and far better than I expected. So wait until yours arrives, you will definitely be thrilled.
If it bothers you a lot, there is certainly the possibility of installing another DW but you have to ask the professionals here. Regarding modding, I have no idea ...

Triobloid

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/1/21
GB
I really dont know what to do with this watch. I bought this and the Navi world with the intention of just keeping the one that I prefer, which is the world, but this one just seems so much better quality, I'm really resenting having to move it on.
​​​​​

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
The gen date wheel is a stock ETA 7750 date wheel - so replacing the KOR date wheel is no problem.

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
The gen date wheel is a stock ETA 7750 date wheel - so replacing the KOR date wheel is no problem.

I can’t find the b13 datewheel anywhere... or at least on eBay!
ifbyou know where I can buy a black one, let me know!!

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
4/5/20
OldNavitimer i thought the white one is b13 stock datewheel for breitling and the right was stock eta datewheel... I can find the font on the black all day but not the white...

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
My gen white Navitimer 41 uses the stock ETA datewheel. The KOR date wheel font is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
It would appear that there are different versions of datewheel circulating in the gen Navitimer! And the strap supplied with this gen even has a flatter profile... Which is accurate to what KOR has made!

Z40JZj.png

Z4009v.png

Z40bs1.png

Last edited:

neon_7

Supporter
Certified
11/3/19
UK
Right or wrong, I prefer the font on the KOR as opposed to the ETA font on gen.

Although, having said that, the black ETA wheel is a good option for those with black dials and navy datewheels found commonly on KOR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honeycomb

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/1/15
Anyone knows why some gens have the word "chronometer" (like KOR has) and some other gens don't have it?

neon_7

Supporter
Certified
11/3/19
UK
Anyone knows why some gens have the word "chronometer" (like KOR has) and some other gens don't have it?

Tim Mosso mentioned this in one of his videos. This issue applies to a lot of Breitling watches released post ‘Georges Kern’ era.

The direction Georges wanted to take it was without the word ‘chronometer’ so a lot of 2018 Navitimer releases had it without. (I.e. Navitimer 8, 43mm AB0121 etc)

But after social media backlash from fans, they put the ‘chronometer’ back in which is why you see the releases from 2019 and 2020 have it say that.

There is no right or wrong here and that isn’t a tell of a rep for as models were released with and without that certification on the dial.

I’m indifferent to both. I actually like the variety of some reps saying it and others not.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Tim Mosso mentioned this in one of his videos. This issue applies to a lot of Breitling watches released post ‘Georges Kern’ era.

The direction Georges wanted to take it was without the word ‘chronometer’ so a lot of 2018 Navitimer releases had it without. (I.e. Navitimer 8, 43mm AB0121 etc)

But after social media backlash from fans, they put the ‘chronometer’ back in which is why you see the releases from 2019 and 2020 have it say that.

There is no right or wrong here and that isn’t a tell of a rep for as models were released with and without that certification on the dial.

I’m indifferent to both. I actually like the variety of some reps saying it and others not.

:thumbsup:

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
It would appear that there are different versions of datewheel circulating in the gen Navitimer! And the strap supplied with this gen even has a flatter profile... Which is accurate to what KOR has made!

Yes, Importr you seem to be correct. Just my luck to get one with the stock ETA date wheel. I really like the Breitling font! I wonder if I can send it back? Hmmmm....

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
I do find it puzzling that your gen is the later Chronometer dial according to Neon_7s info, yet it has that ETA font.

You may have one of a batch of rare Navitimers that didn't get the other font during assembly (since the 90s).... But it might get rectified in the next service?

I think I'd ask the AD the question Why? And if they don't know, I'd want Breitling to explain it?
I've just checked a well known UK AD who sells a number of the A13324 Navitimers, and amongst others they have:

**All with the Chronometer text**
Off white dial, bracelet, ETA font - dated Dec 2020
2x Off white dial, strap, ETA font - both dated Nov 2020
Off white dial, strap, Serif font - dated Dec 2020
Black dial, bracelet, Serif font - dated Feb 2020
Blue dial, strap, Serif font - dated Sept 2020

...now there's a curious mix...
​​​​
​​ I trawled the 'net and Chrono24 looking for Live pics of the A13324 with the ETA font and so far, it seems to be just the off white dial that has it. And it only seems to gravitate around the same AD above. I could be wrong though.

Wouldn't it be bizarre if "someone" bought a KOR navitimer to put the datewheel into the gen?!

Last edited:

seafoam

20/9/09
Is there a quick fix for the tilted dial? I went in and tightened the clamp screws and that didn't do anything.

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
You have to bend the tip of the movement clamp back towards the caseback. Only a tiny bit, before screwing it back down. This will push the dial towards the slide rule.

Last edited:

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Awesome, thanks!

Unfortunately not, the crown tube hole is drilled too low and this causes the tilt. I put stronger clamps in mine but it only put more pressure on the crown stem. Shit QC from KOR, some seem to be fine and some aren’t, I noticed chatter marks on the case around the crown tube hole when I removed the crown... this is a definite tell of not using a good centre drill which means the drill will wonder and chatter around until it starts to cut which causes inaccuracies. Maybe in combination with a bad indexing head / operator error.

wewillrock123

30/11/18
Europe
mine arrived today, pretty happy with it.

Bracelet put me about down but for the 1/20 of the price all good, a few drops of WD between the links and the „rattle“ sounds were gone.

Adjusting a Navi bracelet for the first time felt a bit like neurosurgery, but all good.

Reactions: leo6929 and Importr

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
mine arrived today, pretty happy with it.

Bracelet put me about down but for the 1/20 of the price all good, a few drops of WD between the links and the „rattle“ sounds were gone.

Adjusting a Navi bracelet for the first time felt a bit like neurosurgery, but all good.

Here’s a great way to help that bracelet feel more comfortable: in a Ziploc bag, put the bracelet with 4 to 6 ounces of coconut oil. Zip up the bag and placed the bag and a bowl of very hot water. Let it sit for a half an hour and come back to it, working the bracelet links back-and-forth through the bag. Flip the bracelet over inside the bag and replace the process a couple of times. You’ll have to jump out and reheat the water a few times. Let it sit overnight, and then do it one more time in the morning. Then remove from the bag and Wrap it up in a paper towel and let it sit for a bit laying flat, then flip it over and let it sit some more. Then your bracelet should be buttery smooth.

Sent from the RWI App