• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Navitimer 1 Chronograph 41 by KOR factory - live pics!

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
Just arrived this morning! Yay!
First impressions are that it's a very very well made piece.

The blue dial is darker than gen, in my opinion, but it does have that all important sunburst effect.
All of the case edges are smooth, the bezel rotates without any slack.
The bracelet is smooth and fairly buttery. I don't normally use rep Navitimer bracelets but this one, I will give it a try.
The rep calf strap is OK, not gen quality but not bad.
The inscription inside should read Cuir Veritable, not Croco.
Both clasps are substantial in build and finish.

Many thanks to Intime for the excellent speedy service!

Z17Fgo.jpg
Z17f4k.jpg

Z17R1D.jpg

Z17NHY.jpg

Z177Es.jpg

Z17vt3.jpg

Z17uen.jpg

Z17MSE.jpg

Z17wmt.jpg

Z17dcF.jpg

Z17X45.jpg

Z17Typ.jpg

Z17P3b.jpg

neon_7

Supporter
Certified
11/3/19
UK
Just arrived this morning! Yay!
First impressions are that it's a very very well made piece.

The blue dial is darker than gen, in my opinion, but it does have that all important sunburst effect.
All of the case edges are smooth, the bezel rotates without any slack.
The bracelet is smooth and fairly buttery. I don't normally use rep Navitimer bracelets but this one, I will give it a try.
The rep calf strap is OK, not gen quality but not bad.
The inscription inside should read Cuir Veritable, not Croco.
Both clasps are substantial in build and finish.

Many thanks to Intime for the excellent speedy service!

Z17Fgo.jpg
Z17f4k.jpg

Z17R1D.jpg

Z17NHY.jpg

Z177Es.jpg

Z17vt3.jpg

Z17uen.jpg

Z17MSE.jpg

Z17wmt.jpg

Z17dcF.jpg

Z17X45.jpg

Z17Typ.jpg

Z17P3b.jpg

Thanks for the detailed write-up. These pics are far better than the ones on the website. What a difference good lighting makes. I’m placing an order for the blue today :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Really nice looking watch bro. I don't get why Breitling has stopped using the wings logo on the dials of so many new releases. The B is on the chrono seconds hand after all. Will need to consider this one, details are excellent. Congrats!

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
Thanks mate. It's a really nice piece and wears very well. Even the bracelet deserves to be worn! I've now swapped onto it. I have to say though, the rep calf strap is comfortable straight out of the box, unlike the gen straps that take years to soften up!

Regarding the Wings removal, as far as I understand it, Georges Kern wanted to take Breitling towards a different market demographic. He wanted the old traditional image of macho men with masculine watches to be softened up with more modern attitudes and so doing away with the Aviator watch imagery and all it represented ie. The Wings logo. Many of you will recall the Breitling Chronologs approx 7+ years ago featuring pilots and scantily clad women etc. I guess that's the imagery he wanted to get away from.
A bit of a shame really, as I think there's been more demand for a winged navitimer than a B navitimer.
I don't know if it's a coincidence but used gen wings Navitimers seem to be going up in value!

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks mate. It's a really nice piece and wears very well. Even the bracelet deserves to be worn! I've now swapped onto it. I have to say though, the rep calf strap is comfortable straight out of the box, unlike the gen straps that take years to soften up!

Regarding the Wings removal, as far as I understand it, Georges Kern wanted to take Breitling towards a different market demographic. He wanted the old traditional image of macho men with masculine watches to be softened up with more modern attitudes and so doing away with the Aviator watch imagery and all it represented ie. The Wings logo. Many of you will recall the Breitling Chronologs approx 7+ years ago featuring pilots and scantily clad women etc. I guess that's the imagery he wanted to get away from.
A bit of a shame really, as I think there's been more demand for a winged navitimer than a B navitimer.
I don't know if it's a coincidence but used gen wings Navitimers seem to be going up in value!

Interesting, but a shame indeed. The wings logo is one of those timeless icons that define a watch. Big mistake IMO. I even briefly toyed with the notion of replacing the dial B with a nice set of silver wings on this rep. I'm not opposed to crazy mods like that, haha.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/9050033-the-gonzo-babe-double-nine-gonzo

newonboard

Omega&IWC
Supporter
Certified
5/5/19
EU
Guys, I need help. Navitimer V7f (I already have a transocean with v7f and it's brilliant) or navitaimer kor?

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
Mine arrived in USA so based on previous orders it ought to be here Saturday or Monday, but Usps is a joke right now. My other order went a different route somehow and I’m still waiting on it (they misshipped and sent it to wrong state)

I got blue dial and it is DEFINITELY darker than gen based on these pics, very disappointed in that.. a couple of qc pics I had really gave me hope it was going to be close to gen...
Also, the pics on InTime really made it seem like the slide rule markers came closer to the dial than I’m seeing...
Nevertheless, Very excited about this rep!!!

Last edited:

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
Ooh shit, I had my brightness down.. yes it looks good! PLEASE do not screw this up for me USPS!!!! Please!!!

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
Should be getting the black dial this week. Will post pics.

Ferax

Supporter
Certified
17/12/17
Are all the subdials working?
What a great rep from KOR! Love that the DW is not sunken <3

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
While changing straps again (this time to a BOB for breitling), I noticed some dust inside the glass and on the datewheel. Being a bit watch OCD, this had to be rectified!
The caseback wasn't tight, I didn't need to use the breitling die, just the rubber twister thing.

Z1JWFk.jpg

Z1J5aY.jpg

Inside, it all looks normal for a 7750 rep, but what I noticed was that the movement clamp screws weren't tight and the clamps were slightly too small to be of much use.
So I fashioned some clamps to replace them.

Z1J2On.jpg

Z1JLJs.jpg

Z1JUpD.jpg

Z1JiAo.jpg

Just a word of warning, because I think in the future, these clamps could work loose if not checked periodically.

And for anyone contemplating a dial swap, here's the outside diameter. The slide rule aperture is slightly smaller...maybe less than 1mm.

Z1JAk3.jpg

Ferax

Supporter
Certified
17/12/17
Nice job!
To be honest I have no idea what you did there with those little parts :D but thank you for this information. All my rep watches are A2824. Never had a chronograph. If I will buy this navitimer I will bring it immediately to my watchsmith.
This watch looks just stunning :)

korky7

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/2/09
Wow, this watch looks great. This will be my first breitling from the kor factory. I have only heard good things about them. I was going to do the blue but yah the color looks way off so im sticking with black. Nice updated deployment clasp too is a bonus.

Slanglican

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/20
Man, I can’t wait!!!
i just don’t understand!! WHY?? Why, blue?? Why you hafta go and be so off?? I had such hopes for ya, blue!!

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
Man, I can’t wait!!!
i just don’t understand!! WHY?? Why, blue?? Why you hafta go and be so off?? I had such hopes for ya, blue!!

And that’s why I got the black! Hopefully get mine soon..

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
That rep strap looks nice!