• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NAUTILUS 5711 PPF Blue Dial OUTTTTTT!!!

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
Dude I’ve seen 5711 many times. I sudgest you talk with people who own those watches.

I’m sure I’ve seen more 5711 than u, the colours from the rep is nowhere close to gen.

Yup you are absolutely correct. People still complaining about the color but there are 3 different variation of gen blue and one of them is bright blue just like inn ph and MKF v7 - pn and mk v7 are very very close to the real thing - pre 2016 blue.

“Very very close”, like seriously don’t make false judgment or assumption that would misguide other members please. I agree that pre 2016 has a vivid blue tone that doesn’t contain grey/black hue, but the way the blue dial looks are off in the rep. There are multiple variations of the blue colour dial, doesn’t mean as long as the colour looks blue, it’s going to be accurate. The colour looks okay on rep in dark condition when there is little to no light, but that’s the case for every rep with colours other than black and white.
I wont complain about thickness, datewheel, crown or bezel, these are something that people don’t really notice, but the dial is something that people Can spot quickly. I don’t strive for 1:1 or 100% perfection, but the existing blue dial only resembles 45% of the gen’s colour

Good attempt, but judging from the gen, still a long way to go.

Btw it’s mks v6 and pf, not pn and mk v7

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I’m sure I’ve seen more 5711 than u, the colours from the rep is nowhere close to gen.

I don't think this is a contest you know ...

“Very very close”, like seriously don’t make false judgment or assumption that would misguide other members please. I agree that pre 2016 has a vivid blue tone that doesn’t contain grey/black hue, but the way the blue dial looks are off in the rep. There are multiple variations of the blue colour dial, doesn’t mean as long as the colour looks blue, it’s going to be accurate. The colour looks okay on rep in dark condition when there is little to no light, but that’s the case for every rep with colours other than black and white.

And how about you don't make the same false judgement and assumption ?
I've clearly shown in one of my previous posts in the other PPF thread that the MK v5, v6 are very close to some gen sample in the wild. I can't post a pic under all lighting condition of all the gen that I've seen, nobody can obviously.
Just imagine that if there's so much variability in the gen with all the care Patek take to control their batches (it's nuts, everything is monitored), in the rep world, where we know as long as it looks okay, it goes out (and sometimes even when it doesn't look ok...) the variability is even higher.

What 5711 rep version do you have ?

he existing blue dial only resembles 45% of the gen’s colour

Number that came out of nowhere, you can't possibly quantify the similarity, you should use more vague terms, but "not even close" or "nothing like it" certainly shouldn't be one of them. I would say the current dial of the Mk v5 V6 is very close, and for the PPF currently it's impossible to tell, but some pics suggest that it's at least as close

People just have different expectations in regard of their grail colour for that watch

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
I don't think this is a contest you know ...

And how about you don't make the same false judgement and assumption ?
I've clearly shown in one of my previous posts in the other PPF thread that the MK v5, v6 are very close to some gen sample in the wild. I can't post a pic under all lighting condition of all the gen that I've seen, nobody can obviously.
Just imagine that if there's so much variability in the gen with all the care Patek take to control their batches (it's nuts, everything is monitored), in the rep world, where we know as long as it looks okay, it goes out (and sometimes even when it doesn't look ok...) the variability is even higher.

What 5711 rep version do you have ?

Number that came out of nowhere, you can't possibly quantify the similarity, you should use more vague terms, but "not even close" or "nothing like it" certainly shouldn't be one of them. I would say the current dial of the Mk v5 V6 is very close, and for the PPF currently it's impossible to tell, but some pics suggest that it's at least as close

People just have different expectations in regard of their grail colour for that watch

I own early v6, mp, mks v5, two pfs, ppf white. The problem for mks is it lacks of colour gradient, the vibrancy is not as strong as the vivid blue version, it looks dull. For pf, it has great gradient and subburst effect, but the colour is way off, it shines like electric blue.

For ppf, I didn’t say anything about it, since it’s too early to tell, but from the photos, the colour looks purple.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
The problem for mks is it lacks of colour gradient, the vibrancy is not as strong as the vivid blue version, it looks dull.

Please add to those sort of statement "I find that" followed by your phrase. It's only your own opinion on the matter.

You should make a photo of all those dial you have side by side, that could add value to your posts and statements !

The not vivid dial or sometime called electric, is what a lot of people wants, I'm certainly very happy with it

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
Please add to those sort of statement "I find that" followed by your phrase. It's only your own opinion on the matter.

You should make a photo of all those dial you have side by side, that could add value to your posts and statements !

The not vivid dial or sometime called electric, is what a lot of people wants, I'm certainly very happy with it

Everyone is based from their own opinions, so no point adding “I find that” into the statement, and since a lot of members have been commenting the colours are off in the past.

If there are discrepencies and disagreements with something between people, it means there is something wrong, you could say it’s close, that’s up to you and there’s no point arguing, just enjoy the watch. I also love how rep shines, but since I’m judging from gen and rep, I would tend to focus on the accuracy of the dial.

I started talking about flexible endlinks, green tinted crystal, muddy cyclops on ap, thick bezel on the ppf, pf nautilus’s minute marker is not aligned correctly to the bezel as gen and a lot more stuff that no one even noticed or spotted before I mentioned it, I point out all the possible and potential flaw just to make sure the members know what they are getting.

On the rolex board, people are commenting on the noob Daytona’s bezel font is incorrect and text colour is not white enough, so better to replace the bezel with the ones from arf. We all want perfection, if it’s not right, I’ll just say it, and it’s how the community works, so we can demand for a better rep. Good enough is not something I would pursue, unless there will never be improvements.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Everyone is based from their own opinions, so no point adding “I find that” into the statement, and since a lot of members have been commenting the colours are off in the past.

It's needed when the overall tone of the post suggests that someone knows better than others.

If there are discrepencies and disagreements with something between people, it means there is something wrong

Or because people have been repetitively spreading incorrect information, or opinions as fact, not that there's something wrong.

I’m judging from gen and rep, I would tend to focus on the accuracy of the dial

That's a good thing, I do that too. I tell you, you should post some pics of all those blue dials you have in hand, that would be far more interesting than getting back and forth with opinions, people seeing all those versions next to each other, in the same lighting, could really judge for themselves. I can't do that, I've only seen my Mk v5 and gens in the flesh.

We all want perfection, if it’s not right, I’ll just say it

Some people become obsessed with perfection, to the point where they can't tolerate anyone saying that the current models are closer or very close, or even that they just like it. I get what you say, and don't prevent you from trying to reach perfection in your eyes, but I'll chime here and there to remember to people that opinions & facts are two different things and they shouldn't mix without some serious backup behind them

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
It's needed when the overall tone of the post suggests that someone knows better than others.

Or because people have been repetitively spreading incorrect information, or opinions as fact, not that there's something wrong.

That's a good thing, I do that too. I tell you, you should post some pics of all those blue dials you have in hand, that would be far more interesting than getting back and forth with opinions, people seeing all those versions next to each other, in the same lighting, could really judge for themselves. I can't do that, I've only seen my Mk v5 and gens in the flesh.

Some people become obsessed with perfection, to the point where they can't tolerate anyone saying that the current models are closer or very close, or even that they just like it. I get what you say, and don't prevent you from trying to reach perfection in your eyes, but I'll chime here and there to remember to people that opinions & facts are two different things and they shouldn't mix without some serious backup behind them

I don’t have 5711 on hands, and it’s pointless comparing reps when it has done multiple times before, I’ll use 5712 as an example.
this is the latest greyish blue iteration, but the sunburst effect is the same, to me the gradient is no where closw
57300-C88-0841-4-EDF-B3-C7-91-E9-D343-A237.jpg

920-AB2-BA-215-C-4-D58-9-C10-E5-A9773-B2-BE6.jpg

AB84-A9-B7-97-C4-489-E-A27-F-7-C4-FD9770-F18.jpg

Reactions: Hype00 and reppists

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
Hence check out the first few pages, people are complaining about the colour, if mks is close and accurate, why people are hype for ppf blue dial? Because it’s not close to gen at all. Of course you will defend mks since u own one, but me too, I won’t be biased cuz I own it, because I would like the factory to get it as close as it can, not just good enough.

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
Ppf white nautilus is something that I would called close or very close. I lost count to how many nautilus I’ve seen before when I’m surrounded by the people who wears and trades patek. I’d say the existing rep blue dial nautilus is just okay, the way it shines, the colour, the sunburst effect is nowhere near yet, I won’t decline the colours might look okay in some angles, but as a whole I wouldn’t use the word close to describe it. It’s pointless to argue anyways, and since my expectations are not that high, as I don’t nitpick the small details. if you think it’s good enough, just enjoy it.

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
I own early v6, mp, mks v5, two pfs, ppf white. The problem for mks is it lacks of colour gradient, the vibrancy is not as strong as the vivid blue version, it looks dull. For pf, it has great gradient and subburst effect, but the colour is way off, it shines like electric blue.

For ppf, I didn’t say anything about it, since it’s too early to tell, but from the photos, the colour looks purple.

This is a first in the rep world! A member that says all these reps dont come close to gen, but owns 6 of the same watch! Whats a mp by the way?

And, he doesnt have any to take pics of so posts other people pics! LOL

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
This is a first in the rep world! A member that says all these reps dont come close to gen, but owns 6 of the same watch! Whats a mp by the way?

And, he doesnt have any to take pics of so posts other people pics! LOL

That’s the nautilus from mp, for your reference.
3-E1895-AD-782-A-40-FE-AB1-A-0233-F613-EA53.jpg

044-A34-C4-17-A2-45-DC-AC0-F-083-F51-BCE9-BA.jpg

I speak with the facts from my experiences, and the point here is not who owns the most nautilus, we are discussing the correctness of the colour.

“Posts other people pics”, that’s my pic btw.

Reactions: Hype00 and reppists

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I don’t have 5711 on hands, and it’s pointless comparing reps when it has done multiple times before

You can do it later, it has never been done on the blue dial, I've never known anyone with all those versions in hands, so that should be interesting to see and not pointless at all, unless you are bullshitting me with having all those versions, but you wouldn't do that, would you ? :giggle: ;)

Hence check out the first few pages, people are complaining about the colour, if mks is close and accurate, why people are hype for ppf blue dial? Because it’s not close to gen at all. Of course you will defend mks since u own one, but me too, I won’t be biased cuz I own it, because I would like the factory to get it as close as it can, not just good enough.

I've checked everything related to this 5711 and the other one, I've redacted an in-depth review of the Mk V5 by looking at everything that has been said here and on RWG ;)
What you said makes no sense, people aren't really hyped for this ppf blue dial at all, they are suspicious and want to see it on QC and in real lighting condition. And it's not because the general opinion is complaining about something that they are right and it diminishes what I've said.
Again you are saying stuff with a degree of authority, that you don't seem to be able to justify.
And I'm not a fan boy, I fully know what is wrong with the Mk V5, saying that I defend it because I own one, is just your way of trying to justify your opinion as a fact, again.

I said it before, you can think what you want of the current state of the blue dial, just remember to do it in a way that everyone understands that this is only your opinion, and not a fact. Yes, you should be more precise (in case you want to throw me the same argument as before)

And I'm not arguing, I'm toning down what you try to pass as an expert argument, when it's just, your opinion, not even backed by any other fact than the too common "Dude trust me".
I personally never asked anyone to trust me, I've just shown people why I said certain things, with enough info for them to forge their own opinion, something that could save a lot of pointless discussions, like this one (which I admit, I took part in)

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I don't see much of the grey dial with a black leather strap models anymore. I wish they'd bring them back again.

maybe cos they are supposed to be White gold but yeah I wish for that too

Reactions: Glaude

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Can spI don’t strive for 1:1 or 100% perfection, but the existing blue dial only resembles 45% of the gen’s colour

45% of the gen colour? Now I can tell you are trolling.
you didn’t see pre 2017 gen 5711 blue dial in real life or you are color blind.

Reactions: TingelTangelTom

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
You can do it later, it has never been done on the blue dial, I've never known anyone with all those versions in hands, so that should be interesting to see and not pointless at all, unless you are bullshitting me with having all those versions, but you wouldn't do that, would you ? :giggle: ;)

I've checked everything related to this 5711 and the other one, I've redacted an in-depth review of the Mk V5 by looking at everything that has been said here and on RWG ;)
What you said makes no sense, people aren't really hyped for this ppf blue dial at all, they are suspicious and want to see it on QC and in real lighting condition. And it's not because the general opinion is complaining about something that they are right and it diminishes what I've said.
Again you are saying stuff with a degree of authority, that you don't seem to be able to justify.
And I'm not a fan boy, I fully know what is wrong with the Mk V5, saying that I defend it because I own one, is just your way of trying to justify your opinion as a fact, again.

I said it before, you can think what you want of the current state of the blue dial, just remember to do it in a way that everyone understands that this is only your opinion, and not a fact. Yes, you should be more precise (in case you want to throw me the same argument as before)

And I'm not arguing, I'm toning down what you try to pass as an expert argument, when it's just, your opinion, not even backed by any other fact than the too common "Dude trust me".
I personally never asked anyone to trust me, I've just shown people why I said certain things, with enough info for them to forge their own opinion, something that could save a lot of pointless discussions, like this one (which I admit, I took part in)

Cool, I totally get what u mean. Even though both of us have different opinions regarding to the colour, I believe what we both trying to inform other members are for good.

The reason is how I intrepret the word close is something that is “almost identical or very near to something”, this is also based on their own opinions as well, there are no facts backed up by it anyways. Like how can someone say an object looks identical or close to another without seeing them in person?

I’m afraid any newbie in this forum/ people just started with reps would think that way, since most of them don’t know where to start searching. I’m pretty sure I read a lot of people commenting the colour problem, lume with the pf and mks, so it’s really not something new that I bring up to the table, plus not many of the people here have seen the gen. Look at how many members from the other post can’t differentiate “which one is gen”, when I can spot it straight away based on the colour, because people tend to judge it through pictures online or influence by other people’s opinions.

At the end of the day, I know we have different opinions, I would agree with some of your points but that’s my opinions I have towards the blue dial. I just want to make sure others to understand there are differences in colours and sunburst so they can make a well-informed decision before purchase the watch.

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
I don't see much of the grey dial with a black leather strap models anymore. I wish they'd bring them back again.

Yeh, me too. I quite like the nautilus on a leather strap, it’s simple yet elegant, but i have a mixed feeling for the current white gold 5712 with leather strap, it’s complicated but dressy at the same time lol

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
I’m afraid any newbie in this forum/ people just started with reps would think that way, since most of them don’t know where to start searching. I’m pretty sure I read a lot of people commenting the colour problem, lume with the pf and mks, so it’s really not something new that I bring up to the table, plus not many of the people here have seen the gen.

Im missing where people have said the MKF V6 dial color is off. Most people have agreed its the closest. Some nitpicked the lume color but as compared to gen it looks pretty close. I read all the reviews and threads and based on that and the dial color, I chose the MKF and it looks really good. In the end, 99.99% of anyone will never know its a rep cause of the dial color so its not that big of a deal.

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
Im missing where people have said the MKF V6 dial color is off. Most people have agreed its the closest. Some nitpicked the lume color but as compared to gen it looks pretty close. I read all the reviews and threads and based on that and the dial color, I chose the MKF and it looks really good. In the end, 99.99% of anyone will never know its a rep cause of the dial color so its not that big of a deal.

If you are talking about the best dial, yes mks has the best dial in the market compare to pf, while V6 has the best colour but wrong pattern.

But in terms of accuracy, I don’t think it’s close, just good enough. Like if someone say something is close, i’d expect you can take it to a patek store(of course you shouldn’t do this) or people who have knowledge about the brand/watch, and it’s hard for them to tell without close inspection. Like the white ppf nautilus, I would safe to say it’s truly close even though there are minor differences like crown protruding, a little bit thicker, thinner datewheel, marker misaligned.

People on the ap board love to correct the vph(from 8beats to 6 beats), datewheel font, blue tinted cyclops, tapisserie pattern etc on the dial. Like I admire people who nitpick these small details, but when talking about a dial, it covers a large area of the watch and it’s very easy for other people to spot it, that’s why I do concern about that.