• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NAUTILUS 5711 PPF Blue Dial OUTTTTTT!!!

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU

Here you can see the 40th vs the rep under similar lighting conditions. They should have slapped some diamond markers on that btch instead lol.

Reactions: vcappp

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
You were saying....

VJPWwK.png

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
Are you sure? It’s so hard to see a gen in the wild that I honestly don’t know, but from most photos/videos of the 5711/1a I see it is definitely blue, I’m not saying it’s green (I do have eyes haha) but on the blue spectrum it’s more in the green direction than the purple direction, no?

01-F14-D23-D212-4381-9-B9-D-B8485138-F6-E4.jpg

4-EA2-B9-DF-961-E-439-B-A710-2-AFACA6494-AB.jpg

575-F0-AF1-CDD9-4-DFA-93-BC-0-A6719-CB4-C1-E.jpg

9-F5-B0-B72-5362-4-F44-A156-413-A6-A905-FD1.jpg

All reps appear to be a slightly purple blue, which is not a colour I have ever seen in a Nautilus dial gen photo!

DC

You are correct, I doubt he has seen a gen before, no rep blue dial has come close to the colour of the gen.

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18

Here you can see the 40th vs the rep under similar lighting conditions. They should have slapped some diamond markers on that btch instead lol.

That photo was shot in a dark environment, the gen 40th nautilus is in fact has a little bit more ocean blue colour. I wish they make a grey tone blue dial nautilus, at least it’s accurate.

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
Yes, I was saying, gen on left is greenish blue, rep on right is purplish blue...

BFA802-B9-1-A68-481-A-976-B-48-A92-E8035-BC.jpg

Am I the only one who sees it?!? Maybe it’s my eyes, lol!

DC

I see it lol, don’t worry. I just don’t get how people say the existing blue dial looks close to gen or ppf colour has the similar dark blue tone like gen 5711, it makes me starting to doubt my eyes, cuz it’s nowhere close lmao

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
I’d admit white dial has a great silver white tone that shines like gen, it looks great, but for blue dial, I’ve seen all gen variations in person, not even one existing rep dial impresses me.

I’d say good attempt, but sorry they are no where close.

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
I think I’m still going to get one, for the same reason as I got the SW200 back in the day, and the same reason I got the BP V1 to replace the SW200. The SW200 was the best there was (it wanted to be for $500 in 2012) and then the BP V1 came out and that was the best (imo) and now... this feels like it’s the best, so I’ll probably get it!

DC

Chemicalz

Renowned Member
27/2/15
I wonder if we can instal mkf blue dial over this
they nailed the white but this purplish tone is an instant tel

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I wonder if we can instal mkf blue dial over this
they nailed the white but this purplish tone is an instant tel

MKF dial is totally off get spec. The DW cut out is miles away from the native gen position...

If you want to get a step back you could install a MKF Dial + MKF DW into the PPF haha

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Just buy the white version and wait for a proper blue IMO.

Chemicalz

Renowned Member
27/2/15
MKF dial is totally off get spec. The DW cut out is miles away from the native gen position...

If you want to get a step back you could install a MKF Dial + MKF DW into the PPF haha

Its not like this dial is a step forward, i think it was proved in the other thread that pf and ppf were almlst the same thickness
this dial is purple and is nowhere close to the genuine stuff
The pf + custom datewheel is still the way to go then

firuz

Known Member
19/4/16
Gen has tones of grey and teal, when a dial should be blue tinted by green, but ends up tinted by RED!!! Thus purple.....and this ain't the first rep with a Blurple dial, I have to wonder if someone involved has Red-Green colour blindness. Unless it's a flourescent light source which use to created a purple effect..but who still uses those things?

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Just buy the white version and wait for a proper blue IMO.

Been waiting for a proper blue for seven years, don’t think it’s going to happen to be honest! Plus, I hate the white dial, just my opinion but it looks cheap to me!

DC

SmartyPants

18/5/17
I think we're too caught up on the dial color even though it's known that gen Pateks come in several different interpretations. I for one absolutely love this piece, it's a dark blue which is actually close to the 2018 models. And the box logo adds a sense of modernity.

Reactions: Glaude

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
I think we're too caught up on the dial color even though it's known that gen Pateks come in several different interpretations. I for one absolutely love this piece, it's a dark blue which is actually close to the 2018 models. And the box logo adds a sense of modernity.

This blue colour is NOWHERE near ANY models (other than the 40th). Plz show me

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Been waiting for a proper blue for seven years, don’t think it’s going to happen to be honest! Plus, I hate the white dial, just my opinion but it looks cheap to me!

DC

Until they pull the trigger and buy a gen dial, we will see this over and over. They are trying to replicate via a supplier from photos. There is a reason they nailed the white dial (because they had it in their hands)

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
gen 5711 blue dials never had greenish tint like BP

Yes they did on some iteration, hence why _DC_ is right in loving his SW200 & BP v1 !

_DC_ Mate, with the current picture, impossible to tell how good is this blue dial, but I'm sure you'll be able to flip it in M2M in an instant if it doesn't suits you and for the moment, it's the only blue dial rep with boxed logo there is, and the boxed logo change the look of the dial, I've always found weird this almost too big text for the piano line

Reactions: SuperLory

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
It’s unbeatable right?!

I maintain that the “greentilus” as it became known was actually a closer colour to gen than all the bright blue versions since (MK, PF etc), that’s why I never bought another one... until now possibly!!

DC

I agree! I waited so long to find one... thin and with the shade of green. I spent a lot of time in front of a window looking at a 2008-2010 5711 studying the color.

Once I had a watchsmith silent it (it is a noisy watch :) ) it became almost perfect. If I buy a PPF it will be white.