• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My perfect franken Patek 5711 Nautilus build

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Since you cut the dial feet to fit the gen dial onto the 3KF movement… does that mean that if you, maybe in the future, decide to go the gen movement route, need a new gen dial?
Could be glued on to the gen movement. Like it’s glued onto the 3KF movement. Dial feet are not strictly necessary. They have them for a perfect fit and because glue doesn’t hold forever.

Reactions: TDFBluWaffle

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
Could be glued on to the gen movement. Like it’s glued onto the 3KF movement. Dial feet are not strictly necessary. They have them for a perfect fit and because glue doesn’t hold forever.
Tape, not glue my friend. Even gen Patek dials in gen 324 SC movements can lose their feet. I've seen plenty of gen dials that have lost a foot or two. @TDFBluWaffle

Last edited:

ywg

3/7/17
Besides from not being gen spec (There are variations in the measurements) Its mostly finishing, real gold rotor, and of course the extra adjustment lever on the rep. You will never fool someone that know Pateks, with a clone movement :)

Have a look at Pateks page and one of the TD, you can do you own comparison.

Have the movement serviced, and it should run fine. Be careful with winding, the stems are very fragile on the 3kf
Amazing build. Kudos! :) I am in the process of building a franken 5711, and I have acquired a genuine mainplate, 2 bridges, balance and balance bridge, and crown. May you ask your watchsmith if he thinks I can use the rest of the movement parts from the 3K clone and fit them on the genuine mainplate? Would it be possible to do a straight fit, or with modifications?

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Amazing build. Kudos! :) I am in the process of building a franken 5711, and I have acquired a genuine mainplate, 2 bridges, balance and balance bridge, and crown. May you ask your watchsmith if he thinks I can use the rest of the movement parts from the 3K clone and fit them on the genuine mainplate? Would it be possible to do a straight fit, or with modifications?

Reactions: theREALgoat

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Like GB says above, its trial and error. We made the decision early on not to include any gen parts to the movement. For me it was all or nothing. So i cant give you a clear answer, but sadly i dont think its a clean fit.

• Wow
Reactions: AliyevTulyakbay

kokikoki

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
7/8/22
Hi @2841 OP, thank you for this post. I've been inspired by it to do something similar. Kudos to you boss!

I'll be going to 3KF base + PPF V4 dial + PPF/Buff hands (depends on availability) + Custom DW

Reactions: shivorken

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Hi @2841 OP, thank you for this post. I've been inspired by it to do something similar. Kudos to you boss!

I'll be going to 3KF base + PPF V4 dial + PPF/Buff hands (depends on availability) + Custom DW
My pleasure bud :)

100 % go for buff hands, they are ALOT better then PPF (and you might have some trouble fitting them to the 3KF movemen)

Max23

9/3/20
Hi folks, would a gen crown fit the 3K or PP case? Also, would it fit the 3K clone movement? Thanks

rushabh9

Horology Curious
30/6/22
how did you get the case and bezel reshaped? I have all other mods and some additional mods ready but cant get the case shape to match gen

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
how did you get the case and bezel reshaped? I have all other mods and some additional mods ready but cant get the case shape to match gen
I have a private watchmaker who did the work :)

Reactions: rushabh9