• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My dream AP ROO Miami Blue Dial has been repped by APF!

ThePlayboy

Known Member
14/1/14
Someone mentioned that the strap is a bit short... how short? (shorter than a normal rubber strap for reps)

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
To be completely candid, I prefer the ceramic pushers and crown on the rep. I also prefer the more vibrant straps an dial color on the rep.
Yes I like the fact that AP changed the caliber and moved the running seconds to 6 o’clock but they could have at least retained the ceramic pushers and crown of the 26470.

Nice acquisition. Wear it well.
I wonder if the new rubber version will have the same "wear issues" as the old references. Didnt hear anything about them making changes to the material composition. Are you aware of any?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I wonder if the new rubber version will have the same "wear issues" as the old references. Didnt hear anything about them making changes to the material composition. Are you aware of any?
So far no wear and similarly I do not encounter the same issues for the 26170s currently in my collection.
I think analyzing material composition in pushers and crowns is going a bit far. Even if the exact breakdown for the gen rubber composite is known, it will not matter to most of the rep owners here, or to gen owners for that matter.

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
You're probably correct, it's a piece of niche information, but since years ago I had to replace pushers on my 25940, I'm interested if AP did anything to mitigate the issues the material had and I would think, that a watch forum, be it gen or rep, is exactly the kind of place for this kind of niche information.
But I digress, will inquire through the proper channels.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
You're probably correct, it's a piece of niche information, but since years ago I had to replace pushers on my 25940, I'm interested if AP did anything to mitigate the issues the material had and I would think, that a watch forum, be it gen or rep, is exactly the kind of place for this kind of niche information.
But I digress, will inquire through the proper channels.
The forum is a place to get a lot of information but common sense dictates that you will not be getting the answer you seek from the community precisely because it’s pretty niche and you will get better help emailing AP itself for the material composition.
What most members including myself would be able to tell you is that the pushers “seems more durable” or “has been improved” but on an empirical and anecdotal basis without laboratory test support.

If the composition had been available online you would no doubt have found it.
It is like trying to analyze the material breakdown between the grade 5 titanium used for some ROO cases vs the grade 2 titanium some older diver buckles used. It is the right of any individual to be curious or interested but I do not see the discussion of such to be meaningful for the community.

I need to curate the information here so that the content is useful for the majority of the community. So if you still think your concern is a pressing one please start a thread to discuss it and I hope you get the answer you seek. And if you find the answer you seek please also share it in a thread and I shall sticky it. But this specific thread is about the “Miami blue” (a misnomer if you’ve seen the gen) ROO for which I own the gen of and others own the rep of. I appreciate that the digression was recognized thank you.

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13

Swapped the crystal, strap is terrible need a gen one… I prefer the lighter sky blue of the gen also, but great effort by the factory.

TheDonSL

28/12/13
Strap is def small, have to wear it on the second hole, can manage to get on the third but it’s a bit tight. Having the quick release system is great, but not when you can’t change straps or have a limited selection to choose from. Though one can easily use old plots and a different strap if one wanted to, but that defeats the purpose and look of the watch.

OffshoreNL

20/2/21
Europe
Still no correct version with proper date font and quick strap? Messaged pure time but no reply.

TheDonSL

28/12/13
Can anyone confirm that the Genuine strap for this watch will fit the quick release plots and the buckle will fit the gen from the rep? I can get the gen strap, but don't want to purchase it if it will not fit.

Micha-IN

Known Member
4/4/12
Germany
Hi folks, I got mine today. So far I mostly bought JF ROO chronos. First of all, this watch is 17mm high. The case back is thicker then JF. My 42mm JFs are about 16mm thick.
My watch came with no quick change strap system.
The deco plates are a joke, but I knew that.

Color scheme is very nice, date hard to read, lot of glares.

I'm not super excited with this watch...

TheDonSL

28/12/13
Hi folks, I got mine today. So far I mostly bought JF ROO chronos. First of all, this watch is 17mm high. The case back is thicker then JF. My 42mm JFs are about 16mm thick.

Need to change the cyclops and crystal they are very bad compared to JF

Reactions: Micha-IN

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country

Did you not catch the lack of quick release on the QC pics ?