• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My dream AP ROO Miami Blue Dial has been repped by APF!

VenomGT3

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/22
USA
I do not think the ROO chrono will ever get cloned. The gen itself is very fragile too, so I doubt I'd even use the chrono function on a clone movement.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I do not think the ROO chrono will ever get cloned. The gen itself is very fragile too, so I doubt I'd even use the chrono function on a clone movement.
I think you’re referring to the older modular chrono movement. Yes you’re right in that case.
The new caliber however is an integrated flyback chrono which I’ve tested to be very robust and it’ll withstand spamming of the flyback function much better.

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Gold Patron
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Well, the base 3120 was cloned, provided not fully, and the dubois depraz module can be bought separetelly for not much money, so I dont see a reason, why it wouldnt be repped entirely.

But I do agree, that the new integrated chrono calibre from the 11.59 line is much sturdier.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I love this watch so much, but I would like to see real life pics of the rep. Right now the pic provided is quite disappointing.

Reactions: TheDonSL

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I love this watch so much, but I would like to see real life pics of the rep. Right now the pic provided is quite disappointing.
I think there are a couple of real life pics on Instagram already. The dial color is off along with a lot of other details mentioned above.

To summarize the flaws:
- dial color is off.
- datewheel color is off
- straps color is off
- no quick release system on straps and buckle
- datewheel font is off
- subdial positions are incorrect
- second hand subdial is wrong
- pushers material is wrong
- crown material is wrong
- movement is wrong no doubt
- thickness unknown but likely thicker than gen

Having said all that, it is a nice watch and more of a fantasy piece. It’ll be a fun piece to wear and enjoy on the wrist, accuracy nonwithstanding.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Reminds me of when the Navy Themes was first released. Color was completely off and it took a few years for JF to nail it. I guess we will have to wait on this one as well. I mean, even that strap looks so off. The blue looks totally off on the dial as you mentioned.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
based on everything I've read the last few months, it seems that the rep world is just getting started in making clones as good as the 5712 , VSF subs and BTF daytonas? So maybe 10 more years before at least 1/2 of the models out there are the quality of a real super clone perhaps?

VenomGT3

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/22
USA
Well crap, the quick release system on the strap and buckle not being on this rep totally puts me off it. I love that on my ZF Hublot....

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
The seconds should run at 6, and not 12.

eBoy has left the chat....
Pew Pew Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
The 26170 and 26470 ROOs use the 3126/3840 movements and I’ve heard that they are being repped. I’ve not seen anything yet myself. You can however use the LWO283 movements in ROO frankens. They are substitute movements and aren’t exact clones of the gen.

The 26238 ROOs use the caliber 4404 which is an integrated chronograph movement and there is no clone movement available for now. I do however see this movement more meaningful to clone for makers given the total number of parts vs the modular 3126/3840 movements.
Whether to wait for the clone version or not depends on your patience and what you’re looking for and when you want it.
After reading all your posts about this piece I'm gonna wait.
I want a good cloned movement and everthing elsefixed as close possible to gen.

No point in spending this much money for junk even if it was only 200 bucks.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
After reading all your posts about this piece I'm gonna wait.
I want a good cloned movement and everthing elsefixed as close possible to gen.

No point in spending this much money for junk even if it was only 200 bucks.
Well ok to each his own, sir, but I wouldn't call this a piece of junk.
Yes it is saliently different from the gen counterpart which it is trying to replicate but if you view it as a fantasy 26470 it actually is a nice looking watch.

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
based on everything I've read the last few months, it seems that the rep world is just getting started in making clones as good as the 5712 , VSF subs and BTF daytonas? So maybe 10 more years before at least 1/2 of the models out there are the quality of a real super clone perhaps?
Welcome to the rep world.

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
These new dials from this factory are metallic or have tiny micro dot speckles. I think they did this to match colors better, esp grey. While agree it’s far from gen, it’s def a cool summer fantasy piece.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
What do you people mean by “fantasy” piece?
A piece that’s far from Gen but it’s still pretty?

numero2

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/09
FR
These new dials from this factory are metallic or have tiny micro dot speckles. I think they did this to match colors better, esp grey. While agree it’s far from gen, it’s def a cool summer fantasy piece.
It's a watch that doesn't exist in RL.

Reactions: Abrown3mtg