• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My dream AP ROO Miami Blue Dial has been repped by APF!

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
and they added a functional quick removal for the strap... and in addition: V2 is cheaper :D
It's still much to expensive. The difference between the domestic and the international price is quite high on the newer 42mm and 44mm ROOs. I dont know why :unsure:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Looks like a V2 is already out!

Essentially, they changed the dw background color, font is still wrong.
Running seconds subdial position (and subdial indicators) are also still incorrect.

Reactions: Abrown3mtg

VenomGT3

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/22
USA

Why is V1 still more expensive than V2? And why is V1 a A3126 and V2 is A4404?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Why is V1 still more expensive than V2? And why is V1 a A3126 and V2 is A4404?
I would not pay attention to the $30 difference. It is common that the final published prices are adjusted according to market conditions.
As for the 3126 or 4404 caliber names, they are meaningless, both are based on the A7750 sec@12 movement, maybe decorated differently when viewed from the caseback, I am not sure.
For the V2, the subdial positions are still wrong, and the running seconds position is wrong as well (should be a seconds@6). Theoretically, if the natural sec@9 A7750 movement can be modified to a sec@12, then it can also be modified to a sec@6. No biggie. They will just need to get the dial spacing correct and also the datefont, and it will be a passable 26238 rep for me as far as replica APs go.

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Much of an improvement for a still very nice fantasy piece. What's going to be an issue still is APF factory the plots are terrible and will have aspace on the strap in the front on both sides of the watch. One can tell by simply looking at the caseback space on the plots where it meets the case. The stock photos on all websites avoid showing the photo from the front and only show it when the rubber is pressed out so it looks like the plots are ok, but they are not. If you compare JJF plots on caseback to APF, you can see this easily.

Reactions: TESLA760

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Much of an improvement for a still very nice fantasy piece. What's going to be an issue still is APF factory the plots are terrible and will have aspace on the strap in the front on both sides of the watch. One can tell by simply looking at the caseback space on the plots where it meets the case. The stock photos on all websites avoid showing the photo from the front and only show it when the rubber is pressed out so it looks like the plots are ok, but they are not. If you compare JJF plots on caseback to APF, you can see this easily.
You’re right about the detail you mentioned.
However I don’t think the plots are major tells compared to what is already wrong with the rest of the watch. I think them not showing the caseback has more to do with the wrong movement and deco rather than anything to do with the plots. This is my guess and there’s nothing empirical about my statements.
My point is that in the sea of tells for this watch (even the dial and straps colors are off wrong), the plots aren’t a major concern on this model. Anyone who will already buy this watch given how so many significant details are off, will not be stopped by the inaccuracies of the plots, true as your observation may be regarding them.

Reactions: TESLA760

TheDonSL

28/12/13
You’re right about the detail you mentioned.
However I don’t think the plots are major tells compared to what is already wrong with the rest of the watch. I think them not showing the caseback has more to do with the wrong movement and deco rather than anything to do with the plots. This is my guess and there’s nothing empirical about my statements.
My point is that in the sea of tells for this watch (even the dial and straps colors are off wrong), the plots aren’t a major concern on this model. Anyone who will already buy this watch given how so many significant details are off, will not be stopped by the inaccuracies of the plots, true as your observation may be regarding them.
True, no one will notice this except someone like me that it will drive me crazy personally. Lol

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
True, no one will notice this except someone like me that it will drive me crazy personally. Lol
Yes I get that. We all notice and care about different details on a watch. For me it was is the instant date change, a feature I have cared about for a long time in reps and until recently, nobody else seemed to take notice of except me.

Reactions: itanalot

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
comedy central GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

TheDonSL

28/12/13
Very nice, did they send you V2 with quick release strap and buckle or do you have holes on the top side of your rubber strap?