• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My concealed carry.. What's yours?

BrucesReps

Renowned Member
2/6/10
BTW, my 1911 is full size. here are a few more pics.

2011-07-30_17-49-27_25.jpg

2011-07-30_15-33-58_60.jpg

2011-07-30_15-33-47_618.jpg

One with the green hogue grips:

2011-07-27_19-50-49_57.jpg

I also carry a Keltec Pf9

photo8.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo4.jpg

Also got another 1911 today:

39595_158780680819643_100000631352094_341913_6652003_n.jpg

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
Ahhh, shiny cheap pimp guns....

Here is my tactical ultra deep cover concealment rig for when I am out working the corners with the girls-

1001508i.jpg

An original BRIGHT CHROME tactical Jennings J22 (must be a collectors piece by now since they have been bought out/changed names etc.) with custom stickers, loaded with standard velocity HP's (don't want them bullets exiting the brain bucket you know). The safety stopped working when the spring/detent was lost the time I dumped the mother of pearl grips for something more "business like".

Totally tactical, concealable, and difficult to find (even for the cops, man) classic Victorinox Signature blade with accessories (that loser Macgyver don't have JACK on the man here).

The one and only singing Mickey Mouse watch that plays "It's a Small World" (my ladies really understand that to mean "For Whom the Bell Tolls" if they have had a slow night).

Uncle Mikes Sidekick pocket holster (really difficult to find/reach when I am wearing my denims down below my BVD's).

And some awesome tactical finger lights in both red and green. These are used on my shooting hand thumb. I utilize a tactical high thumb "where the thumbs point the bullet goes" hold so they are a great lightweight option for illuminating my victim, er uh I mean my intended target (some of those b**ches just don't like to pay the man for protection).

1001510w.jpg

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
LMAO!

A Jennings is damn near as dangerous for the shooter.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk

k9wh91984

Horology Curious
30/7/11
My everyday carry:

Springfield 1911 A1 G.I.
Cerakoted OD green and black
Wilson Combat beavertail
Wilson Combat sear
Wilson Combat 47DC mag
Wilson Combat Commander hammer
Hogue OD green grips
Hogue Extreme grips screws

photo3fa.jpg

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
My everyday carry:

Springfield 1911 A1 G.I.
Cerakoted OD green and black
Wilson Combat beavertail
Wilson Combat sear
Wilson Combat 47DC mag
Wilson Combat Commander hammer
Hogue OD green grips
Hogue Extreme grips screws

photo3fa.jpg

Welcome my friend! Always nice to see another 1911 guy around.

Well, since our newcomer has brought sanity back into this thread, here's a pic of my actual daily carry gun. Its the Wilson Combat CQB on the top left; I took the pic just now with my Galaxy Tab and the camera is crap.
4a8d6ad6-267d-4d88.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Awesome collection!! Can i have one?? :)

Thank you very much, and no - sorry. ;)

Being the 1911 whore that I am, I have a few others that aren't in the shot. :sub4me:

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
Making that itch for a 1911 pattern worse, it needs scratched (9mm for me of course). I have put my converted Saiga on the market and keep hoping......

stefanp67

Horology Curious
5/8/10
Hi, i really don't belong in this thread but a few questions from an EU member: Do a lot of you in US carry concealed weapons? What happens if you go to a bar, drink a few beers and starts to argue over something, isn't there a great risk of bullets starting to fly around?

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Hi, i really don't belong in this thread but a few questions from an EU member: Do a lot of you in US carry concealed weapons? What happens if you go to a bar, drink a few beers and starts to argue over something, isn't there a great risk of bullets starting to fly around?

That seems to be a common misperception and certainly an argument used by those opposed to guns in general. The data, however, do not show that to be the case.
Here in Texas we have a lot of carriers. I've not found a single incidence of a lawful carrier using a gun in a reckless or unlawful manner. Trust me - it would be shouted from the mountaintops as proof for the other side if (when) it happens.
But here we have a criminal background check - you have to be squeaky clean - and extensive training requirements to get the license. Most carriers are not the kinds of people who hang out in bars and drink too much.
Plus most take it VERY seriously and would leave the gun at home or, most likely, in the car if they thought they might be drinking that night.
So instead of relying on the nanny state to protect us from each other and ourselves, we insist that people act with reason and responsibility and not abuse the right to bear arms. And apart from the criminals who carry illegal guns unlawfully, gun owners have proven by a huge majority to be reasonable safety-conscious people.
Plus, most people here would be a bit leery to pull a gun out willy-nilly because you never know how many more will come out pointing back at you.
Hope that answers your question.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Oh and one more thing: here in Texas the London riots would have lasted about an hour.
Free TVs and rioting fun ceases to be entertaining when the store owners and home owners open fire.
I know it sounds crass, but a few dead rioters on night one would have ended it right there.
And as you've guessed by now, we have a comparatively very low rate of property crime here.

---

trandy16

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/08
Oh and one more thing: here in Texas the London riots would have lasted about an hour.
Free TVs and rioting fun ceases to be entertaining when the store owners and home owners open fire.
I know it sounds crass, but a few dead rioters on night one would have ended it right there.
And as you've guessed by now, we have a comparatively very low rate of property crime here.

---

+1

I remember the LA riots...and the photos of the Korean businessmen who were legally armed and protecting their hard earned property the "old fashioned" way.

I have had a carry permit for over 30 years....I'm not about to do anything stupid to lose that privilege.

I remember something that Massad Ayoob taught: If you can walk away from trouble without presenting your firearm....then you have succesfully defended yourself...that counts too in my book....you have to be aware...and not act out of panic...that's what gets a lot of people into trouble. That and the BS they see in movies.

You need to take every avenue of "escape" first...but at the same time you must have the mindset that you have the ultimate power to end the confrontation....not the "bad guys".

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09

It's a perfectly valid question, and I appreciate that you've asked it rather than jump to a conclusion!

In most states, the carrying of a firearm where alcohol is served is either illegal or heavily regulated. The consumption of alcohol while carrying is even more so.
In my state of Kentucky, a firearm cannot be carried into an establishment where 50% of it's sales are derived from alcohol. Simply put, you can't carry into a bar, even with a permit. A restaurant with a bar is OK, as long as you stay out of the bar area.

Most of my research backs up my personal position in that when carrying I am LESS likely to escalate a situation unless it's warranted.
I know the dangers of escalation while carrying, so I find myself being more "accommodating" of others and work to de-escalate. The use of a firearm is a last resort, not a first choice.

It's a responsibility like any other and you must respect the tool and what it's capable of, both good and bad. When you operate a motor vehicle are you more cautious and aware, and do you make every effort to avoid trouble (accidents)? Or, do you just drive where and how you want, secure in the knowledge that you have a car, and other people will just get out of your way?
Carrying a firearm works on the same principles. There is a great burden of responsibility when doing so, and the vast majority of permit holders recognize that. This is why instances of gun crime do not typically involve persons who carry legally.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
It's a perfectly valid question, and I appreciate that you've asked it rather than jump to a conclusion!

In most states, the carrying of a firearm where alcohol is served is either illegal or heavily regulated. The consumption of alcohol while carrying is even more so.
In my state of Kentucky, a firearm cannot be carried into an establishment where 50% of it's sales are derived from alcohol. Simply put, you can't carry into a bar, even with a permit. A restaurant with a bar is OK, as long as you stay out of the bar area.

Most of my research backs up my personal position in that when carrying I am LESS likely to escalate a situation unless it's warranted.
I know the dangers of escalation while carrying, so I find myself being more "accommodating" of others and work to de-escalate. The use of a firearm is a last resort, not a first choice.

It's a responsibility like any other and you must respect the tool and what it's capable of, both good and bad. When you operate a motor vehicle are you more cautious and aware, and do you make every effort to avoid trouble (accidents)? Or, do you just drive where and how you want, secure in the knowledge that you have a car, and other people will just get out of your way?
Carrying a firearms works on the same principles. There is a great burden of responsibility when doing so, and the vast majority of permit holders recognize that. This is why instances of gun crime do not typically involve persons who carry legally.

Very well said.

---

woof*

Renowned Member
25/12/10
This is what I usually carry..

d58d6a43.jpg

Unless of course there are zombies loose..

00629289.jpg