• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My concealed carry.. What's yours?

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
I'm still thinking about getting the five-seven.. such a cool gun.

My first gun was a Smith and Wesson 10mm.. :) You guys ever had/shot one?

Rick914

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/11
Texas
We now return you to your regularly-scheduled carry thread. :D

At the risk of a "Cool Story Bro"

My first post was an attempt at some humor

The photos were a response to someone calling me out.

I do know NFA rules as I've been collecting since '82 (hence the rocket comment)...

I was getting defensive (my bad... I was a dick)

Apologies to all

dave[/QUOTE]

Dave,
I do apoligise if you thought i was calling you out sir. I dont judge what people own or have, ever. I didnt for a minute think you did not have what you said you did, and didnt need proof in any form. I too have collected, smithed, and build weapons for the past 6 years till i gave it up last year in July. To be completely honest, it was meant as a joke, as to how you concealed a bulky weapon like that.
Again, sorry if i offended you
Rick
BTH - I would like to hear how you stuffed that in your britches, that more the response i was after, since ive been trying to figure out how to CC my "bazooka"
RickiPhonePics013.jpg

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
@Davea thanks for the explanation. We should always remember it's the nature of the Internet to misunderstand tones and inflections. Wouldn't be the first time I've misread a comment on a forum!

Cheers!

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
Gotta' get some pics...

Currently the gun is either a Glock 30 or a S&W 442 air weight. Something for another thread but, I've managed to lose 52 pounds so having that "brick" of a .45 is much preferred and more easily concealed.

Knifewise I carry a Spyderco Dragonfly around my neck in a kydex sheath. Right front pocket holds a Spyderco P'kal or Paramilitary 2. Spyderco Spyderhawk in whatever "man purse" I carry. A recent epiphany; these knives are relatively cheap, easy to sharpen and the fit and finish are excellent. Generally, I buy a couple of each, just in case.

Rick914

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/11
Texas
Congratz on the weight lose! The Glock 30 is a very good choice. What do you use to secure it?
Those kpals are pretty neat never saw one before looking it up now.
I used to use a ElPaso saddlery co shoulder holster for my 1911, but got a Minotaur IWB when I got the XD.40. I took a couple defensive shooting classes and the instructor suggested it.
4be3c2a4-8fbc-5925.jpg

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
Congratz on the weight lose! The Glock 30 is a very good choice. What do you use to secure it?
Those kpals are pretty neat never saw one before looking it up now.
I used to use a ElPaso saddlery co shoulder holster for my 1911, but got a Minotaur in the pants holster when I got the XD.40. I took a couple defensive shooting cases and the instructor suggested it.
4be3c2a4-8fbc-5925.jpg

Currently I use a Blade Tech IWB. With the weight loss I might treat myself to a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2. I like the added retention of leather and they are very comfortable to wear all day.

I'm also liking the idea of appendix carry. The Raven Vanguard (1 or 2) is a good example of this. Hell, you can make an OSS style string holster out of 18" of paracord. A very simple and efficient form of carry IMHO.

And, thanks for the props on the weight.

Rick914

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/11
Texas
Hey G30, that new Vangaurd is pretty neat idea, but (correct me if mine wrong, cause i only know what ive been told) its not wise to carry appendix because of muzzel direction and theres a major artery in its down range.
I was wanting to carry a revolver that way and was told that, is it maybe just a revolver thing?

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
True, that and one's "cack" might get in the way. Draw stroke must be practiced until it's instinctive and trigger discipline is paramount. Having the gun at your centerline is just that much smoother and faster to present when needed. Probably easier to retain if attacked at a contact distance and easier to access should you go to ground fighting. Plus, I like the whole "minimilast" thing.

That being said, carrying a striker fired gun with no manual safety and a 5-7 lbs trigger makes the concept less "advisable". We're all human, even when we cross our t's and dot our i's. Can't say I've never forgotten my phone or misplaced my keys. Guns are loud, dirty, and dangerous. The risks are inherent no matter what you do.

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
Nice! First gun I ever bought was a Sig 228. Still have it. Just a safe queen now.

artompkins

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/11/08
Mine is a Kimber Ultra Compact 45 acp with Galco Royal Guard holster. I have a Milt Sparks IWB but the Galco seems to be much more comfortable to me.

497.jpg
[/IMG]

Richierich

10/6/11
Getting a CCW in The Peoples Republic of California is nearly impossible but if I did carry (not saying I do) it would be my Heckler and Koch P7M8. I just love this weapon but firing more than a couple clips and it gets a little warm.

Natron

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
11/10/06
Getting a CCW in The Peoples Republic of California is nearly impossible but if I did carry (not saying I do) it would be my Heckler and Koch P7M8. I just love this weapon but firing more than a couple clips and it gets a little warm.

It's a magazine.

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
+1... A clip is for a woman's hair, a man's tie... We haven't had "clips" in guns since WWII. Its a motherf*cking magazine...

Richierich

10/6/11
I stand corrected. Although I know they are called magazines I have always called them clips. Guess whose face is red now.

oops-my-bad.jpg

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
Definition of "Clip": A clip is a device that is used to store multiple rounds of ammunition together as a unit, ready for insertion into the magazine of a repeating firearm. This speeds up the process of loading the firearm as several rounds can be loaded at once, rather than one round being loaded at a time. Several different types of clips exist, most of which are made of inexpensive metal stampings that are designed to be disposable, though they are often re-used.

Definition of "Magazine": A magazine (also called a mag or, commonly but incorrectly, especially when removable, a clip) is an ammunition storage and feeding device within or attached to a firearm. Magazines may be integral to the firearm (fixed) or removable (detachable).

47eccc62-4234-d0da.jpg