• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Most hated watch (design) features

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
I prefer the Franck Muller Vegas, but anyway also Jacob Arabo (Jacob & Co) make roulette watches

But these are VERY expensive watches !
Christophe Claret is another watch maker that has a Roulette watch. They also have a Poker watch, I can't say I wouldn't buy either one if I was filthy rich...

Christophe-Claret-Poker-white-gold.jpg

Reactions: Feefo

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go

Feefo

Vaselume (TM) Authorized Dealer
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
They also have a Poker watch, I can't say I wouldn't buy either one if I was filthy rich...
Oh yes, if I was filthy rich I definitely would have "a collection of limited edition ultra-luxury “toy” timepieces meant for whimsy and fun"

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
It just occurred to me because I saw one: I really don't like the mix-up analog-Digital. Simply don't, doesn't belong together.

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Ok, well I learned I have crap taste from this thread, lol. Love Breitlings and the Hublot Classic Fusion is one of my favorites. So clean, elegant, and sporty at the same time. Who cares what it costs and what movement it has. It's beautiful. Like a Rolex movement is so special. Change a spring out and balance wheel and boom. Same movement (slight jest). And that Invicta, yeah it's big but look at the Proplof that people drool over wanting. Put Invicta's name on it and people would want to gouge their eyes out after seeing it. It makes no sense (I would still totally own one as a rep though and will probably get the Steeldive version at some point). Those weird Invictas are like cheap art. I wouldn't wear one but they're cool, have lots of details and are actually built pretty well for the price. They're not trying to be much for the 250 you might pay. Love double AR. I can't stand any reflectivity in my crystals.

Ok so a list but I'm sure I'll think of more later.

1) Date omission. I need to have a date.
2) Followed by bracelets with no micro adjust. I've been lucky several times but why? Calibre De Cartier has enormous lugs with no half links. I don't know how anybody is getting that to fit on bracelet. I put my rep on a strap unfortunately.
3) Gradient dial paint. Pick a darn color. Do you want a black dial or another color? Gradient dials remind me of tunnel vision like you going to pass out. The transitions almost look digitized. Haven't seen many I'm a fan of really (I only have one in my collection which is actually pretty nice. There are always exceptions :D ).
4) No double AR. Hate any glare. I'd rather see scratched AR that is invisible most of the time unless directly hit by light than a milky glarey crystal 100% of the time. AR's point is to be invisible 80% of the time so scratches visible only 20%. That's better than glare and I can tune it out.
5) Dive watches. Yeah I have a few and they're great (there's that exceptions thing again) but it still doesn't change this opinion and they're still not my favorite. Most (not all) of those I have are stainless steel bezels (Breitling type) so the don't really look like divers. If wearing a dive watch isn't like dressing up like a Halloween costume as a kid or cosplay I don't know what is. So you want to rip on Invicta or Breitling or whatever but you want to wear a costume piece? If you haven't been more than touching the bottom of a pool or you live in central Idaho or something you don't need anything that says you dive and play in water. Timing bezels can be found on any type of watch. It doesn't have to be a dive watch. People say "I love dive watches" FOR WHAT?!? It certainly isn't diving. There I said it. That one will probably pucker the bung holes of 80% of the people on here but I feel better and after taking the anal bang train from the anti Breitling people tough 😁

It's good we like different things. If y'all didn't like Rolex and AP, my least favorite brands and designs, I wouldn't have gotten to enjoy experiencing them and well..... you guys probably don't enjoy the Breitling and Hublot, Bvlgari, Bell & Ross experiences like me but that's ok because I got both experiences. More variety for me. All good. And that Graham Chronofighter. It looks really cool and I would buy it as a rep. As a watch though it's pretty bad....but still cool!

Last edited:
  • Love

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Ok, well I learned I have crap taste from this thread, lol. Love Breitlings and the Hublot Classic Fusion is one of my favorites. So clean, elegant, and sporty at the same time. Who cares what it costs and what movement it has. It's beautiful. Like a Rolex movement is so special. Change a spring out and balance wheel and boom. Same movement (slight jest). And that Invicta, yeah it's big but look at the Proplof that people drool over wanting. Put Invicta's name on it and people would want to gouge their eyes out after seeing it. It makes no sense (I would still totally own one as a rep though and will probably get the Steeldive version at some point). Those weird Invictas are like cheap art. I wouldn't wear one but they're cool, have lots of details and are actually built pretty well for the price. They're not trying to be much for the 250 you might pay. Love double AR. I can't stand any reflectivity in my crystals.

Ok so a list but I'm sure I'll think of more later.

1) Date omission. I need to have a date.
2) Followed by bracelets with no micro adjust. I've been lucky several times but why? Calibre De Cartier has enormous lugs with no half links. I don't know how anybody is getting that to fit on bracelet. I put my rep on a strap unfortunately.
3) Gradient dial paint. Pick a darn color. Do you want a black dial or another color? Gradient dials remind me of tunnel vision like you going to pass out. The transitions almost look digitized. Haven't seen many I'm a fan of really (I only have one in my collection which is actually pretty nice. There are always exceptions :D ).
4) No double AR. Hate any glare. I'd rather see scratched AR that is invisible most of the time unless directly hit by light than a milky glarey crystal 100% of the time. AR's point is to be invisible 80% of the time so scratches visible only 20%. That's better than glare and I can tune it out.
5) Dive watches. Yeah I have a few and they're great (there's that exceptions thing again) but it still doesn't change this opinion and they're still not my favorite. Most (not all) of those I have are stainless steel bezels (Breitling type) so the don't really look like divers. If wearing a dive watch isn't like dressing up like a Halloween costume as a kid or cosplay I don't know what is. So you want to rip on Invicta or Breitling or whatever but you want to wear a costume piece? If you haven't been more than touching the bottom of a pool or you live in central Idaho or something you don't need anything that says you dive and play in water. Timing bezels can be found on any type of watch. It doesn't have to be a dive watch. People say "I love dive watches" FOR WHAT?!? It certainly isn't diving. There I said it. That one will probably pucker the bung holes of 80% of the people on here but I feel better and after taking the anal bang train from the anti Breitling people tough 😁

It's good we like different things. If y'all didn't like Rolex and AP, my least favorite brands and designs, I wouldn't have gotten to enjoy experiencing them and well..... you guys probably don't enjoy the Breitling and Hublot, Bvlgari, Bell & Ross experiences like me but that's ok because I got both experiences. More variety for me. All good. And that Graham Chronofighter. It looks really cool and I would buy it as a rep. As a watch though it's pretty bad....but still cool!
This community is awesome because of all tastes are represented and with time you learn to respect each other's and sometimes even appreciate different stuff. I can fully understand everything you said, great post!

Well, everything except that Invicta nonsense... 🤪

You gotta love RWI!

Buythedip

Supporter
Certified
1/2/21
Here and there, but more there
Any watch that doesn’t have a strap which takes a deployment clasp!!!
I like that sweet sweet feeling of sliding my wrist up in there….

But jokes aside, semi balancing the watch then doing up a buckle does not give me the same satisfaction as slipping it over my wrist and then hearing them click/clunks to secure it into place!

Beartooth

CREAM OF THE CROP
Patron
Certified
22/2/22
Nuclear sponge
  • Roman numerals
  • Numbers clipped off by subdials
  • The weird Cartier gem crown titty
  • All Gerald Genta designs and their consequences are boring and ugly including integrated bracelets
  • Silver hands on a white dial
  • Any "bullhead" design where the chrono pushers are at 11 and 1
  • I'll add to the Navitimer dogpile by saying that Sinn improved the design with their 903

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Destros

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
  • Roman numerals
  • Numbers clipped off by subdials
  • The weird Cartier gem crown titty
  • All Gerald Genta designs and their consequences are boring and ugly including integrated bracelets
  • Silver hands on a white dial
  • Any "bullhead" design where the chrono pushers are at 11 and 1
  • I'll add to the Navitimer dogpile by saying that Sinn improved the design with their 903

Agree to the clipped off numbers. And the silver hands in a white dial (in principle because of legibility, nothing comes to my mind though).
But Roman numerals, I like them. With the right font, nice black numerals on a white enamel dial. Class.

Beartooth

CREAM OF THE CROP
Patron
Certified
22/2/22
Nuclear sponge
I'll add some things that I haven't seen here yet that I personally like but could understand the hate

• fauxtina
  • 24 hour dial (cosmonaute, airman)
  • "Weems" mechanical bezel holder (longine, airman)
  • Telemetre function

Reaps

-
25/9/22
This might tickle you but HEV, especially Omega. For Rolex and others its less obtrusive but it's essentially useless for 99.99999999% of people unless you are the 1 of 1000 saturation divers in the world that live in a diving bell and do offshore work.