• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Most hated watch (design) features

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Well a destro is a watch made to be worn on the right hand. Wearing it left makes it literally useless.
Like the Ploppy , but i dont think it was made for right hand ?

Anyway thats what i hate about my ploppy

Last edited:

Vorenus

15/2/15
I generally stay away from watches with the date complication. I know, I know the majority probably both like the looks and the function of this common complication but for ME it almost always disrupt the flow of the dial design. In fact for someone like me it even got more of a thing I dont like with the new "trend" of placing the datewindow at 6 o clock.

Chronographs is a perfect example where I disslike the datewindow especially when its placed around 4 o´clock. Again I know only few will have the same view as me and I probably suffer from OCD 😄

By the way @Feefo I totally agree on the secondhand beeing branded in most cases and your example with the "007" is just no-no for me. 😱

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Like the Ploppy , but i dont think it was made for right hand ?

Anyway thats what i hate about my ploppy
I don't get what the appeal of that watch is.
So fucking ugly, only nice thing is the mesh.

Reactions: domiffm

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Its got a millenium falcon shape to it ,kinda

• Haha
Reactions: Rx4Time and Feefo

wisedennis

Looking for : NWBIG PAM, Noob Pam, DSN, pm me
Certified
11/11/22
CONUS USA

The quartz crisis was the upheaval in the watchmaking industry caused by the advent of quartz watches in the 1970s and early 1980s, that largely replaced mechanical watches around the world.[1][2] It caused a significant decline of the Swiss watchmaking industry, which chose to remain focused on traditional mechanical watches, while the majority of the world's watch production shifted to Japanese companies such as Seiko, Citizen, and Casio which embraced the new electronic technology.[3][4][5]

Quartz movement of the Seiko Astron, 1969
The quartz crisis took place amid the global Digital Revolution (or "Third Industrial Revolution") which was gaining momentum during the late 1950s.[6][7] The crisis started with the Astron, the world's first quartz watch, which was introduced by Seiko in December 1969.[3][4][8][9] The key advances included replacing the mechanical or electromechanical movement with a quartz clock movement as well as replacing analog displays with digital displays such as LED displays and later liquid-crystal displays (LCDs).[3][4][9] In general, quartz timepieces are much more accurate than mechanical timepieces, in addition to having a much lower sale price.[3][4][url=https://clickpix.org/image/E7DDCAB5-EDDC-4344-85BB-A638564114B0.H1HrLk] [/URL]

Last edited:

MeasurementCraft

Known Member
30/6/22
  • Roman numerals
  • Numbers clipped off by subdials
  • The weird Cartier gem crown titty
  • All Gerald Genta designs and their consequences are boring and ugly including integrated bracelets
  • Silver hands on a white dial
  • Any "bullhead" design where the chrono pushers are at 11 and 1
  • I'll add to the Navitimer dogpile by saying that Sinn improved the design with their 903
I’d have to agree with all of those. Adding one more, is the crown guard on Pan’s. Absolutely disgusting…