• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Most hated watch (design) features

Kartoffel

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
17/7/22
Europe - Norway - Sweden
I'll make myself unpopular to 80% of the scene and call these crown guards
2.jpg
On certain watches they actully look pretty good tho

nom_deplume

Known Member
8/1/22
Earth
There are many people that like it. And apparently Rolex (I'm assuming that's who you are talking about) still sells enough units with the cyclops on it to keep it there. There are some people that actually look for this as a feature in their watch. There are also those who retro their date window with a cyclops so they can see it. You apparently are still an adolescent with perfect eyes as some with degrading eyesight desire to see the date with out any assistance (lasik, glasses, etc).

So your myopic theory, opinion, belief, whatever... is shot to hell. You may not like it but many, many, others do, Get over it.

Yeah but your WRONG. No one. Nobody ever walked in to any boutique and said '"could you put a cyclops on my watch so I can see the date better" .. no one ever.

Go on show me an AP Royal Oak with a Cyclops glued on ... or I know a Patek Calatrava. It's such a brilliant, useful. attractive feature ... someone most have said "cyclops is brilliant ... I just had to add it to my watch".

Feefo

Vaselume (TM) Authorized Dealer
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
No bickering! Stay on topic, straying into the ridicule, who would ever have thought that 🤪

Nobody's mentioned the tourbillon yet...

Reactions: DiggerOfWatches

Alan Bourdillion Traherne

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS
Yeah but your WRONG. No one. Nobody ever walked in to any boutique and said '"could you put a cyclops on my watch so I can see the date better" .. no one ever.

Go on show me an AP Royal Oak with a Cyclops glued on ... or I know a Patek Calatrava. It's such a brilliant, useful. attractive feature ... someone most have said "cyclops is brilliant ... I just had to add it to my watch".

Oh well, your right, of course. How silly of me to think that there might be some one who had a cyclops placed on their watch. Boy, you sure set me straight. <snicker>

crashworkz

Gentleman
Certified
14/11/22
EU
If I could only have one sub, I would pick a no date to get rid of the cyclops. However, if I could have two I would get the other one with date and cyclops, just for the variety. I don't prefer it, but I still like it.

Happy Weirdo GIF by louis16art

Reactions: mbujo

nom_deplume

Known Member
8/1/22
Earth
If I could only have one sub, I would pick a no date to get rid of the cyclops. However, if I could have two I would get the other one with date and cyclops, just for the variety. I don't prefer it, but I still like it.

Happy Weirdo GIF by louis16art

Point being you picked the no date. Because it is a better design, the original design. Rolex fan boyz where the big R foes no wrong ... want to impress me and put some effort in and be that illustrious brand ... embed the magnification into the crystal . I know too hard for Rolex ..

Alan Bourdillion Traherne

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS
Point being you picked the no date. Because it is a better design, the original design. Rolex fan boyz where the big R foes no wrong ... want to impress me and put some effort in and be that illustrious brand ... embed the magnification into the crystal . I know too hard for Rolex ..

Diplomacy doesn't seem to be your strong suit.

Pedalo

Meep meep meep
7/5/22
Australia
I am loving this, surprised it took 5 pages before Jacob & Co came up though. Do collaborations count as well as features? Things like the AP x Marvel or the fact that painting the PP face Tiffany Blue and stamping it makes it insanely expensive. What did Tiffany actually do for the watch?

Feefo

Vaselume (TM) Authorized Dealer
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Jesus H. guys, it's a frigging cyclops. He doesn't like it, he does, most simply don't mind. I would have thought the "no lugs" affirmation would have spawn much more controversy, because watches with no lugs, well, look like shit :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: shinynewbling25

crashworkz

Gentleman
Certified
14/11/22
EU
Jesus H. guys, it's a frigging cyclops. He doesn't like it, he does, most simply don't mind. I would have thought the "no lugs" affirmation would have spawn much more controversy, because watches with no lugs, well, look like shit :LOL:
What?! Are you insane?! Lugs 4 life bro!

:ROFLMAO:

Tocacho

Getting To Know The Place
8/11/21
EU
Moon phases. Seriously? Moon phases!?? Stupidest thing I've ever seen. If you really need to know what phase the moon is in, wait until dark and look up. Heck, sometimes the moon is even out during the day.
I'm sorry to disagree, but at this point, it's the watches that are useless.
Time is everywhere today, phone, computer, tv..
And an automatic too?

Navitimer ?
I think Charles Lindberg would have liked to have one. Obviously, today, it is much less useful.

crashworkz

Gentleman
Certified
14/11/22
EU
I'm sorry to disagree, but at this point, it's the watches that are useless.
Time is everywhere today, phone, computer, tv..
And an automatic too?

Navitimer ?
I think Charles Lindberg would have liked to have one. Obviously, today, it is much less useful.

I would disagree. The only two places I have the time in front of me is when I'm sitting at my PC, or driving my car. Any other time my watch is what informs me of the time of day. Especially when I'm outside or otherwise moving around. I actually find it really useful, and convenient.

Aside from that, the watch is the only jewellery that you are allowed to wear as a man.

Reactions: pam505