• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Most hated watch (design) features

Feefo

Vaselume (TM) Authorized Dealer
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
- Tachymeter
- Lugs
- Straps that let a watch down
- Lugs
- Dive watches with chronograph
- Lugs
- Rose gold cases
- text like “certified best excellent gold chronograph with 34 rubis”
- swiss made logo (makes me think of cheese)
- and lugs
TMI
Start with lugs. What did the poor things do to you?

• Haha
Reactions: shinynewbling25

Route66

24/4/21
The "Rotor self-winding" sentence on the dial of some Tudor's.
I can't stand it 🤖

Reactions: Itto

crashworkz

Gentleman
Certified
14/11/22
EU
Just like @Storm. cannot stand the Breitling, I have a severe disdain of anything Audemars Piguet. I can for the life of me not understand how anyone could find them attractive.

God damn Frankenstein-steam-punk-seemingly-ironically-ugly-clumps-of-flat-head-screw-collectors. :sick:

I get angry just picturing them and now I need to lay down for my blood pressure.

Episode 4 Fainting GIF by One Chicago

• Haha
Reactions: Storm.

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Wow guys. That's some serious passive-aggressivity. Let it out, let it all out, you're among friends now.

Re the last two.
"self winding" sentence, I find it kinda cute, actually, gives it an old-style flair, when the world was simpler and you could buy morphine at the pharmacy.... I don't mind it at all. But I admit it's rather playful.

Re AP, i was like this a few months back, too. Now I really dig the glittery 15500. Not at all the AP divers, though, figure that.

And just to touch on the very controversial Breitling topic, I like the Navitimer's strap quite a lot! 🤪

mbujo

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
24/11/22
Germany
There were some nice Navitimers, they would be even nicer if they were flatter. But ever since someone at university once said a few years ago that he associated Breitling with Thailand-fucking vacationers in early retirement, I can't think it away.

• Haha
Reactions: Feefo

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Imo Breitling is simply victim of poor/very poor design quality. I find most "modern" references hideous, especially the Avengers with those exaggerated bezels that maybe speak to a 13 year old transformer fan boy.
I can see the fascination of a good navitimer, but if I look at how it is interpreted nowadays (leaving out the question if it should be reinterpreted nowadays, come on, who's calculating fuel consumption with his watch?) specifically the reference posted by @Storm. above: you got one of the busiest dials in watch history and you decide to put not one, but 2 fancy counterweights to your hands? Sorry but, to me, that's sheer design stupidity, it detracts so much from it, takes all the heritage away and throws it down the drain. There, I said it.

Reactions: crashworkz

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
I guess it's time to start a new thread called :

Most loved watch (design) features​

Here you go. Express yourselves!

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Imo Breitling is simply victim of poor/very poor design quality. I find most "modern" references hideous, especially the Avengers with those exaggerated bezels that maybe speak to a 13 year old transformer fan boy.
I can see the fascination of a good navitimer, but if I look at how it is interpreted nowadays (leaving out the question if it should be reinterpreted nowadays, come on, who's calculating fuel consumption with his watch?) specifically the reference posted by @Storm. above: you got one of the busiest dials in watch history and you decide to put not one, but 2 fancy counterweights to your hands? Sorry but, to me, that's sheer design stupidity, it detracts so much from it, takes all the heritage away and throws it down the drain. There, I said it.
This is an OFFICIAL PRODUCT PICTURE BY BREITLING!!!!

LOOK AT THE FUCKING TOLERANCES ON THE ENDLINKS!!!!!!!!

WORSE THAN AN ALI EXPRESS REP!!!

For 4000€!!!!

d9060229e99f96525b38357837e6a110701926c5_A32390111B1A1_01_PROD_1021_Breitling_2000x2000_43mm.jpg

crashworkz

Gentleman
Certified
14/11/22
EU
This is an OFFICIAL PRODUCT PICTURE BY BREITLING!!!!

LOOK AT THE FUCKING TOLERANCES ON THE ENDLINKS!!!!!!!!

WORSE THAN AN ALI EXPRESS REP!!!

For 4000€!!!!

d9060229e99f96525b38357837e6a110701926c5_A32390111B1A1_01_PROD_1021_Breitling_2000x2000_43mm.jpg
It’s not a bug, it’s a feature! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Storm.

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
To me its any Chronograph Watch or watches that are designed to go into extreme depths (which I own but could care less how deep it can go). For Chronograph, like Daytona, or any type of a chronograph majority of people dont use it and it makes the dial too busy. I have one chronograph and never have I used it to measure anything. And for watches like Deepsea I love the look but who will actually wear one to dive with. Only ones who do is when a watch manufacturer pays a person to do so. Most people will swim with one or do a shallow dive. And ones that actually dive they wear a big digital dive watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: mbujo

mbujo

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
24/11/22
Germany
Thanks for bringing up diving watches, that reminds me something else. 99% of watches look like crap from 14mm hight up.

• Love
Reactions: EuroTime25

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Thanks for bringing up diving watches, that reminds me something else. 99% of watches look like crap from 14mm hight up.
Good point! Hate thick watches!

Reactions: mbujo

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
They do. You really need a big wrist to even try to pull it off. I have a Deep Sea and its thick even for me. They just give off Invicta vibe.

Reactions: Feefo and mbujo