• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Microbrands are breathing new life into watchmaking.

Knxvlln

Certified
14/5/20
United States
Farer and Baltic have some attractive babies... Not a doubt. I agree with all, for the price they could finish the cases and keep the movements high end, but all in all nice bang for buck. It seems like the trend of today for micro brands like Helson and Henry... Debatable Yema... Dominating the market with good reason.

Started out with carbon copies of high priced name brands at tool wearable price points, Now I'm seeing some from these very same brands that are making me drool. I happen to be a vintage and dive watch fanatic, with a million to spare I wouldn't mind a four digit submariner or Blancpain... Right now my eyes are on Helson and Borealis.

Keep sharing what you find folks, this is a great string of obscure beautiful watches.

Health and happiness, all.

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13
What about Nivada Grenchen as a relaunched vintage brand? A couple examples below. The chrono range is most tasty. They even had a valjoux 72 based limited edition identical to the vintage.

Knxvlln

Certified
14/5/20
United States
Didnt know NG had a heritage line, sexy. Love the manual chronos. Especially love this:

900$? I'd probably search out an original and weekend wear it. Wonder how limited the limited release will be, I had to spend 6months getting most of my money back on a YEMA superman heritage, price soared then they re-released w V2 Y2000 29j improved cal... Dogged everywhere. The micro rotor cal is beautiful, a friend bought one and it was DOA, sent it twice and got it back running +/- 2min... Returned.

Shame, a small company in house caliber that isn't a clad generic is exactly what the watch world needs more of, keeping time and not 5,10,100k.... I'd rather have a reworked 9015 or sw300 over a new caliber with the same dice roll of the Rolex clones....

Another trip down the rabbit hole.
Cheers folks, Hexagon, Crafty bastard, Yee-haw microBREWS on tap here, Buffalo Trace everything at low cost... Love our southern corporate contracts. And access to the bar.

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13
Didnt know NG had a heritage line, sexy. Love the manual chronos. Especially love this:

900$? I'd probably search out an original and weekend wear it. Wonder how limited the limited release will be, I had to spend 6months getting most of my money back on a YEMA superman heritage, price soared then they re-released w V2 Y2000 29j improved cal... Dogged everywhere. The micro rotor cal is beautiful, a friend bought one and it was DOA, sent it twice and got it back running +/- 2min... Returned.

Shame, a small company in house caliber that isn't a clad generic is exactly what the watch world needs more of, keeping time and not 5,10,100k.... I'd rather have a reworked 9015 or sw300 over a new caliber with the same dice roll of the Rolex clones....

Another trip down the rabbit hole.
Cheers folks, Hexagon, Crafty bastard, Yee-haw microBREWS on tap here, Buffalo Trace everything at low cost... Love our southern corporate contracts. And access to the bar.
I'm way down the rabbit hole. I found a bunch of worn & wound limited Nivadas. The v72 is there sold out but a 1 of 150 on c24 exists for $5k. What is available direct is a 1 of 150 mechaquartz datomaster for $500. Shipping in May, I will have a nibble.

Reactions: Knxvlln

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU

Onepickledginger

Gone Gin
Patron
Certified
9/8/20
I'm way down the rabbit hole. I found a bunch of worn & wound limited Nivadas. The v72 is there sold out but a 1 of 150 on c24 exists for $5k. What is available direct is a 1 of 150 mechaquartz datomaster for $500. Shipping in May, I will have a nibble.
Really interested to see the trio of new F77s they've been teasing. Titanium meteorite dial, lapis lazuli dial, and an aventurine dial.

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
These are nice!! The cobalt blue one is the prettiest to me, but I love the color on green and orange as well.
Yup they're nice little watches. 9mm thickness, quite wearable.

Onepickledginger

Gone Gin
Patron
Certified
9/8/20
filters:quality(=75)

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Really gorgeous dial :love:
I trust that hidden crown is easy to handle

kostas

9/7/13

Gadster

Horology Curious
30/10/23
Bought a helson. The watch couldn’t keep time out of the box. Tried contacting and no reply after nearly a week. I’d rather take my chances with a rep. Cool watch tho. Buyer beware.