• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Microbrands are breathing new life into watchmaking.

Kcnminus

GS fanboy
1/11/17

I think the Prismic was a step in the right direction for Baltic. A Swiss Peseux 7001 movement and interesting vintage styling make th $1000 USD price point justifiable. I can't see paying $600-$800 for their Miyota movement offerings though.
I missed this release, but wow! That’s really cool. I would buy one so quick if it had stick indices, but the beveled squares and various textures are so interesting.

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany
I agree that Baltics are getting too expensive for a boring case. Nice dials but they need to work on the case design and the strap/case integration to be a bit more distinctive.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Concerning the case, the "hollow" crown of the Hermétique model is an original step IMO. Still, the case is very similar to the other models indeed

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
link please

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
filters:quality(=75)

Reactions: Got20Mate

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
link please

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany
But also, this forum is about gens under a grand. This is well over 3x a grand lol.
Yes but a grand from 3 years ago, by then it was a lot of money...
So back to Baltics or Spinnakers.
Or 2nd hand gens under a grand.
At the moment I'm considering a custom watch. I own gens, reps, microbrands, time to try something unique?

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13
Sorry, couldn't resist. I realise it doesn't meet the criteria of less than a grand :ROFLMAO:
I reckon we should up the segment from 1k or create a new one. There's some nice things happening in the sub 5k range and I wasn't able to find a more appropriate thread.

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
I reckon we should up the segment from 1k or create a new one. There's some nice things happening in the sub 5k range and I wasn't able to find a more appropriate thread.
You would need to up it a hell of a lot more than 5k to get to the Czapek but I agree in principle :D

Reactions: kidcreole

Kcnminus

GS fanboy
1/11/17
Yeah, I mean, I just threw it out there, but I don’t see anything wrong with introducing more expensive brands in this thread… everyone is moving upmarket so hey, why not us 😂

Reactions: kidcreole