• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Little Steps

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Dave2302 think you might need to step away from the internet for a bit and attend the watchaholic meetings at the local church.

LOL, your not the first to say that, but I sold all the boats and got outta that 12 years ago, carried on with the cars. Powerboats and motor yachts was definitely the most expensive hobby, was even dearer than the flying, because there was 4 of us in a syndicate, all had = shares in the wee Plane :ROFLMAO:

Now I'm 62 I'm not doing any more Car builds, so when the current 3 cars are finished, (just some paintwork) then I'm no longer spending fortunes on Car parts any more, and one, perhaps even 2 of them will be flipped anyways to bung dosh back into the projects / hobbies a/c.

I'm always the same with my hobbies, go mad at first, once the watch cabinet is full, then it will slow down a bit.

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
23/2/23
Canada
I go mad at first, once the watch cabinet is full, then it will slow down a bit.
Once your watch cabinet is almost full you will be looking to buy or build another cabinet for the next batch of watches coming in. Mel is going to banish you and the watches to the garage mate. Don't know if that would be much of a punishment for you though.

• Haha
Reactions: Dave2302

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
I have just learned that first thing in the morning when there is 6 Tracking numbers for watches, it gets very confusing for an old bastard like me to actually work out exactly what number applies to which watch, especially once they swap over from China postal service to UK Royal mail :eek:
I haven't even considered tracking all the Bracelet items bought yesterday :ROFLMAO:

My ageing brain doesn't work right until at least 6 coffees ☕☕☕☕☕☕

It's just taken me over an hour to sort 'em all out.
You guys probably know this, but in case anyone doesn't, here's a Dave tip ....

Use Universal Parcel Tracking, you can put titles against each Tracking number such as "Explorer 2" , "GMT" etc etc yak yak yak (y)

Thankfully most are either in UK now, or on the Plane, so looks like it's gonna be a busy week, Workshop is busy, Car Port posts are going in, and hopefully a bunch of watches to un-box and appraise :D

Last edited:
Reactions: VixLa3

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Once your watch cabinet is almost full you will be looking to buy or build another cabinet for the next batch of watches coming in.

LOL, I haven't ruled it out :ROFLMAO:

Mel is going to banish you and the watches to the garage mate. Don't know if that would be much of a punishment for you though.

Nah, Mel and I are still like we were when we first met 22 years ago, (well in mind and spirit anyways, just a bit older lookin').

You should see a lot of the shit she buys off the internet, all our bills get paid, we have no mortgage now, so since we cannae take our dosh with us we might as well buy what we want :ROFLMAO:

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
GMT Meteorite might arrive today, it was in Inverness at 2am, and, wait for it, wait for it, the DeepSea Challenge is in UK and on its way to Inverness, so may be here within the next few days.
That is the one I have been most paranoid about since I couldn't find anyone else who had one as a back up plan :D
Really I shoulda bought all 3 that I found at the time of order and then re-sold them if they all arrived 😉

Also the Explorer 2 is moving appears to be in UK atm.
Red Sub, well looks like that is gonna be another DSC epic, but unlike the other watches I had to use these particular sellers as no-one else had those 2 watches !!
Yeah, I'll just be grateful that the DSC looks like imminent arrival, and hopefully I will eventually get the Red Sub too (y)

Oyster Perpetual Celebration is also in dispatch from the UK warehouse, last purchase that came that route took a few days, I think to sum up, it is a very busy time post CNY atm 😉

Reactions: VixLa3 and flashu

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
@Dave2302 each time looking at the tracking status of the parcels

Jimmy Fallon Comedy GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha
Reactions: VixLa3 and Dave2302

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
It relieves the stress of the current behemoth I have the misfortune to be working on, (2011 4.4 TDV8 Range Rover) when I get to the throwing tools around the workshop stage :ROFLMAO:

That's when I go get coffee and run all the tracking numbers :ROFLMAO:
I'm currently counting the number of reps can be bought against the number of hours booked on this heap of crap 😉

Last edited:

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Rolex GMT II with Metorite Dial and Pepsi Bezel arrived today, not a CF or VSF, but none the less a nice piece, I'm well happy (y)
It will get a better quality Bracelet fitted when they arrive, another one that doesn't have the Glide Lock sliding adjustment and my wrist always seems to need small increment adjustment. With the Glidelock type clasps I find that late in the day I have them right outwards (larger) and right in in the morning.
Possibly because as the day progresses working with tools my wrist / forearm muscles pump up.

Tracking is looking like the huge Rolex DeepSea Challenge monster will be here either tomorrow or Saturday, here's hoping because this has taken eons, and no sellers have one anymore. But yeah, unless it's a box with a few wheel weights inside it's in UK, through customs and moving towards Inverness RM Hub, so if it gets there by 3am ish, it should come out with Postmistress Pat and her little furry pussy tommoz or Saturday :)

Last edited:

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
LOL, I just learned a new "factoid" ....

Rolex uses material from the famed Gibeon meteorites.

Named after the Namibian town it was found in, the Gibeon meteorites fell to earth during the prehistoric times, covering an area stretching 171 miles long and 62 miles wide :D

I get a funny feeling the Dials on the reps are printed on a metal Dial :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: VixLa3

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
LOL, I just learned a new "factoid" ....

Rolex uses material from the famed Gibeon meteorites.

Named after the Namibian town it was found in, the Gibeon meteorites fell to earth during the prehistoric times, covering an area stretching 171 miles long and 62 miles wide :D

I get a funny feeling the Dials on the reps are printed on a metal Dial :ROFLMAO:

I thought meteorite dials were mined from meatballs because they’re meatier. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Postmistress turned up, not one but 2 watches, one of which was from the seller of the alledged DeepSea Challenge .........

Now I know why such a big delay, basically the wee cunt didn't have the watch, in the end he has sent out a regular Deepsea Sea Dweller

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Now, it isn't the worst Sea Dweller, in fact it's quite a good one, and I'm not stupid enough to send it back to China knowing full well it will likely go missing in transit or upon arrival, nor will I take a chance on a refund I'll probably never get, so now I'm left with trying to find a DeepSea Challenge again :cry:
For now I'm gonna try getting a partial refund.

Loads of searching kinda revealed that there wasn't anyone who had one. Might have to ask a couple of friends I suspect may have more than 1 if they would consider selling me one, and place a WTB advert.

The Explorer 2 also turned up, I'll photo that one soon, nice little piece too.

I am kinda on a downer today lol, not just the DSC watch, but a customer job is being a bitch too :ROFLMAO:

It's a 4.4 litre TDV8 Range Rover, every time it is fixed something else rears it's ugly head, long story short it got wet inside, he is a piss head and left the tailgate open during an all night storm, now all the electronic modules are dying one by one by the look at it.
I'm gonna call him and get him on "Pay As You Go" lol, bloody thing has been here a month so far whilst waiting for various parts, then something else self destructs, and so he already owes us around 3 grand !!

If anyone comes across a DSC for sale, gimme a shout please (y)

Last edited:

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
He bought it at a year old, and spends at least 5k a year with me. When I first took it on it was a really mint example, but he lives up top of Skye, and the salt, lack of use and operator error, are now taking their toll on it.
It's def one of the better ones I've had in here, but ffs, getting drunk and leaving the Tailgate up and even after that not getting it in here for around 2 months, if it wasn't such a tidy one I'd have told him it was beyond economic repair ;)

At least I know he's good for the money.

• Haha

FlyNow

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/1/24
As expected, my Breitling Super Chronomat 44 arrived today,

A nice addition, superb detail with a nice weight and feel, I now have 3 Breitlings in my collection.

Here's the pixels, fresh outta the packaging ....

curious if this was a Gate purchase or the more expensive TD purchase? I am having a difficult time spending $600USD on the TD version, so considering a Gate Quartz version instead.

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
So, yesterday I purchased a cheapie Seiko Panda Chrono in M2M, and today completed a sale on my current Grail, the one and only Rolex Deepsea Challenge, which should be here after the easter period by mid to end of next week (y)

A very huge thank you to @p0pperini who took pity on me, and sold me his DSC, a very kind thing to do and I will always be eternally grateful.

Pixels of the actual watches ....

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Hi Dave…
Today is my Birthday so I can do whatever the f**k I want! So today I read this thread from start to finish, I don’t think I’ve ever done that before?!!
I enjoyed reading about your adventures, I’m not even a Petrol Head and enjoyed reading about your insanely mad projects. I’m a Pom living in Oz, 58 years today and a builder. I understand the sickness that you have 🤣 and you have my sympathies!
I don’t know why it must be the builder in me but the one thing that stood out was the reo bar holding up the boot lid on the Puma, Oh and Post Mistress Pat’s pussy!🤣🤣
Congrats on the 1000 posts keep up the good work and say hi to Mel for me, like you I have a goodun too, 35 years this year!!

• Love
Reactions: flashu and Dave2302

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
I've always liked that "balloon" watch and I don't know why. It's different enough to be interesting and the fact that you've posted it has made me look into it again.

Congratulations on the DSC!

Flowers In The Dirt GIF by Paul McCartney

• Love
Reactions: flashu and Dave2302