• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Little Steps

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Much to my surprise, my Breitling B55 Exospace arrived late on today, when I saw the package I thought it would be one of the UK watches.

Workshop mad busy, and Mels mum now in EOL Care :cry:, so looks like I have got a lot of extra load now picking up rellies from airport to come and stay with us, taking them and Mel to visit her and then the inevitable etc.

Anyway, pics will be tomorrow, I took them, but they are on the Workshop Desktop pooter, forgot to email to me, so could get them on in house lappy, and I'm fucked if I'm going out there now as it's pissing down :ROFLMAO:

Ihave managed to set times and dates etc, Chrono works fine, has split timer too.

The details are stunning, but 2 small disappointments, I know that's to be expected at the price level.

1) Hour and minute hands are Silver not Blue, probably an easy fix if I can get them *
2) LCD Displays aren't backlit, unless I simply haven't found how to turn them on *

* The answer would be, and if necessary will be to buy a better quality one (only available with Black Dial or dark Grey, and swap the White Dial over, the DHG watch was the only place that I could find who had B55 Exospace with white dial ;)

But overall, I'm quite happy with it at the £130 inc carriage price-point and like all my watches, it will get the usual wrist time which is done each evening and overnight in rotation, then Black Sub back on in the morning for my working day (y)(y)(y)

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
So, some pics right outta the parcel and box, literally ;)

Being a Quartzie it's keeping perfect time, I like it.

Long term, yeah, I still haven't found a backlight function, been advised to look for 2 batteries .............

If not, and a while yet, I'm gonna go for buying a black dial model with the brighter displays and do a Dial swap on that.

Won't be for a while as there is a few more on my wanted list, and as ever, this one is what it is and ain't wot it ain't ................

TBF, my eyes do need a lot of light, I can see the displays fine in the workshop under many fluorescents, and outside in daylight, so others may find it acceptable (y)

Snooky

Came for the reps, stayed for the banter!
Supporter
23/11/23
UK
Thanks @Dave2302 for posting these Breitling pics. I’m more and more inclined to pick up a Chromomat 44 soon (I posted a thread about WTC a Six Nations version so will probs end up with an Ireland or England edition).

Also, sorry to hear about the family issues you’re facing, hope you all remain strong in the difficult days / weeks ahead!

• Love
Reactions: Dave2302

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Breitling B55 Exospace White Dial, post # 162 above :-

Took Mel to the care home yesterday, which I do find boring, so I sat in the corner whilst everyone was with MIL, and fiddled.
Turned out that the lack of blue display backlight issue was, (as I suspected it may be), operator error, I simply hadn't found how to enable it :ROFLMAO:
Pic was taken last night in dark lounge with just TV on, so the blue flare around the edges of the Digits is not there in normal light conditions ....

So really I have no small issues at all, when I get time I may do a blue Hr and Min hand swap, if I can find a supplier and exactly what movement the watch uses. As you guys can imagine due to the MIL's illness, I am kinda busy right now, so hand swap is on back burner, no biggie.

Pic below, left to right, Gen B55, Rep B55 Blue Hands and my White Dial B55 ....

Last edited:

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
I seem to remember a way back in this thread that I said I felt there could never be too many Rolex Submariners ;)

Sub #3 arrived today, proper cracker this one, and hopefully tomorrow will bring a parcel containing a Black Sub date, and a 2 tone black Sub date.

I also came across this whilst browsing ....

Apologies for the piss poor picture /\ /\ /\ but my phone has somehow now decided to save huge files that won't upload so I had to use the trusty old Samsung digi camera :rolleyes:

Anyways, many moons ago I had one of these below, the Coca Cola, so 'm now waiting to see if the one I got is a Coca Cola or just plain Red Rolex logo'd ...........

Either way the Red Dial and Bezel will add another Colour to my display cabinet.

So the Red and the still elusive DeepSea Challenge will be a while yet as they are on the slow boat ;)

Last edited:

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
And 2 more watches arrived today, a Black Submariner ....

.... and a Black 2T Submariner ....

So, I only need 2 more Rolex really for my collection, A GMT and an Explorer, maybe, perhaps, well more likely than not, but got some other fishing to do and buy first :ROFLMAO:

Next arrivals already purchased will be, (hopefully in this order). the big arsed Deepsea Challenge, then the red and green Submariners ;)

Currently looking for another Breitling and another TAG Heuer ..................................

TBC

Last edited:

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Next arrivals already purchased will be, (hopefully in this order). the big arsed Deepsea Challenge,
Remember it is only a novelty watch. You will definitely know it is on your arm. It is a challenge to wear it for eight hours. One of the guys here gets bruises from wearing his.

HqGPeK.jpeg

HqGpS8.jpeg

HqGlCR.jpeg

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Remember it is only a novelty watch. You will definitely know it is on your arm. It is a challenge to wear it for eight hours. One of the guys here gets bruises from wearing his.

Oh, I know it's a monster, and the novelty factor will come into play in August, I will be wearing it for some craic.

I actually bought it as a centre piece for my Display Cabinet, but I will be wearing it out on at least one occasion, which is we are having a Wedding Blessing, no officialdom, very casual affair later this year, and Mel has no idea how big that watch is 🙃

Last edited:

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
I hadn't realised it was quite so thick, looking front on its so deceiving. Quite the piece indeed!

• Love

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Breitling B55 Exospace White Dial, post # 162 above :-

Took Mel to the care home yesterday, which I do find boring, so I sat in the corner whilst everyone was with MIL, and fiddled.
Turned out that the lack of blue display backlight issue was, (as I suspected it may be), operator error, I simply hadn't found how to enable it :ROFLMAO:
Pic was taken last night in dark lounge with just TV on, so the blue flare around the edges of the Digits is not there in normal light conditions ....

So really I have no small issues at all, when I get time I may do a blue Hr and Min hand swap, if I can find a supplier and exactly what movement the watch uses. As you guys can imagine due to the MIL's illness, I am kinda busy right now, so hand swap is on back burner, no biggie.

Pic below, left to right, Gen B55, Rep B55 Blue Hands and my White Dial B55 ....

Absolutely love this piece, so unique. Might have to add it to the list and hunt one down

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
I bought this DSC because it's a wee bit of cock waving contest between Rolex and Omega, to see how deep a watch could go and still function properly. Rolex lost round 1 so then they just had to build another that went deeper :ROFLMAO:

But the whole shit cart was pointless, because no diver man / woman could get anywhere near that depth ....
So they strapped the fuckers to a submersible and took it to the Mariana Trench, (deepest part of the worlds oceans).

I just loved the story, that's the kind of pointless shit I have done over the years with Car builds ..................

Original steel bodied Fiat 500 1972 year, I stuffed a V8 Chevy in one and went drag racin', Nitrous and all :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'll pop a couple pics here later or tommoz

Gotta nip out, will pm ya where to get the Whited Dial Exospace, they sold out when I bought, but now have more stock ;)
I don't post it on Forum, because they aren't a TD, but are very good.

Last edited:

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Fiat 500, "The Mouse", everything including the spaceframe built by me in my workshop, widened all steel body kit done by me, and it was painted by an old mate in a Diamond White with red and green pearl as Red Green White was my business colours, (Auto gearbox Rebuilding).

BTW, the Boat (21ft Bowrider with custom interior and lotsa goodies) started life with a humble Mercruiser 5.0 V8 (small block Chevy) from new, that ended up with a huffed 502 ci big block in it and a Mercruiser offshore leg 'cos the original just exploded after a very short period of gunning it .

Like a lot of my toyz past and present GO LARGE :D

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
That was in 1998 that car was raced at Santa Pod and the now long gone Avon Park Raceway 😉

I sold the car to a mate, and the boat to a guy in Wales early 2000's. Sold a lot of my shit when we "emigrated" to the Highlands including the Kawasaki ZX12R, Ferrari and the Sunseeker :cry::cry::cry:

The current hooligan cars are all a tad more practical Mercedes.

I did build a Special Stage Rally car when I first moved here, a wee Ford Puma with a 24V V6 3.0 Quad Cammer Cosworth motor and Cosworth 4x4 driveline, that was mental, sold that a few years back too 😉

Reactions: C Master

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
That was in 1998 that car was raced at Santa Pod and the now long gone Avon Park Raceway 😉

I sold the car to a mate, and the boat to a guy in Wales early 2000's. Sold a lot of my shit when we "emigrated" to the Highlands including the Kawasaki ZX12R, Ferrari and the Sunseeker :cry::cry::cry:

The current hooligan cars are all a tad more practical Mercedes.

I did build a Special Stage Rally car when I first moved here, a wee Ford Puma with a 24V V6 3.0 Quad Cammer Cosworth motor and Cosworth 4x4 driveline, that was mental, sold that a few years back too 😉
I'm sure you will find plenty for us to get ourselves in trouble with when we show up on your doorstep. :ROFLMAO:

• Love