• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Little Steps

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Cabinet looks the part. I hope you wear white gloves when you slide it open 😂

Thank you kind sir :)

No gloves yet, not since yesterday eve when I finished building it and hanging it and then installing watches in their new homes, but you can bet yer life that the first time I notice fingerprints on the glass and have to clean it, then I will definitely be wearing 'em :ROFLMAO:

Snooky

Came for the reps, stayed for the banter!
Supporter
23/11/23
UK
Cabinet looks the part. I hope you wear white gloves when you slide it open 😂
200.gif

I’m here to inspect your ‘watches’

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
Grats Dave, you need another one actually to look more symmetrical.
And more filling space, don’t know but I have a feeling you will need it .

Jimmy Fallon Comedy GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
I will be slowing down a bit on the purchases now, 2 reasons ....

The initial spurt was to replace some of my more favoured and long deceased Reps from the 2000s era, and add a few different brands as well.
The springtime will be here soon and there is a lot of outside jobs to get done, which always cost money ;)

My Daytona hand swap is done, should be arriving back here soon.

If I can add another 10 or so to the cabinet this year I'll be happy, I think a couple of Subs is on the cards for next purchases after CNY, might be a cheeky one B4, if I can find something in Neils stock, but I've bought most of the ones he has which I liked. Maybe an M2M ?

VixLa3

Patron
Certified
21/11/23
EU
If I can add another 10 or so to the cabinet this year I'll be happy, I think a couple of Subs is on the cards for next purchases after CNY, might be a cheeky one B4, if I can find something in Neils stock, but I've bought most of the ones he has which I liked. Maybe an M2M ?

Absolutely m2m Dave, as you may have noticed these days a couple of very interesting Sub have passed by, from the same seller, they were to be grabbed quickly but now I can't due to ambitious projects... if not, Steve won't disappoint you as usual, I'm also waiting for good news from him 🤞

Reactions: Dave2302

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Who all remembers my M2M £140 Daytona, it got a lot of negative press from some self proclaimed Daytona experts, sure it had a few light scratches, and the "wrong" centre (chrono) second hand, and I wasn't happy with these hands being silver / black depending on the angle of light hitting the dial, it made it difficult to see the small / thin Centre Second and Sub Dial hands....

Then I remembered my original 2000's Daytona, which had a black numbers markers dial and that one had the 4 hands in red ....

Fast forward and I sent it off to a recommended watchmaker, who has done a superb job of fitting the replacement handset I bought, and given the bezel and casing a light polish as well :)
The pics don't do it justice, you have to see it IRL, I think the result is amazing, which is, after all said and done the main thing :ROFLMAO:

apologies once again for the orientation, one day someone will know how to fix it :mad:

Last edited:

VixLa3

Patron
Certified
21/11/23
EU
Who all remembers my M2M £140 Daytona, it got a lot of negative press from some self proclaimed Daytona experts, sure it had a few light scratches, and the "wrong" centre (chrono) second hand, and I wasn't happy with these hands being silver / black depending on the angle of light hitting the dial, it made it difficult to see the small / thin Centre Second and Sub Dial hands....

Then I remembered my original 2000's Daytona, which had a black numbers markers dial and that one had the 4 hands in red ....

Fast forward and I sent it off to a recommended watchmaker, who has done a superb job of fitting the replacement handset I bought, and given the bezel and casing a light polish as well :)
The pics don't do it justice, you have to see it IRL, I think the result is amazing, which is, after all said and done the main thing :ROFLMAO:

apologies once again for the orientation, one day someone will know how to fix it :mad:

Nice idea, the red hands, I like it!

I was thinking of getting another pair of Clean Daytona while they are available, and I was also thinking of a racing one like the one you got but with a white dial, but if I get it I will need the red hands, Dave how much did you pay for them and where did you find them ?

Have you thought about getting a Clean Daytona like the one you had? Now would be a good time to get it Dave!

Reactions: Dave2302

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
I did look at the Clean DT's but I'm really not sure I'd pay those prices, they are only that expensive because it's a "Daytona", but it's no different to another chrono like Omega etc and some good, nay great pieces can be had for 60% less ;)
I will keep an eye on M2M tho (y)
But if I gonna get another DT I'd rather go for a more modern one with the pale blue Arabic Dial :D

Photo wise, I'll go out in the sun when we get some :ROFLMAO:

I'm still mad busy work wise and am going to build an enclosure with lighting to photo watches in ........... one day lol

Last edited:
Reactions: VixLa3 and flashu

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Errrrrrrrrm wot did I say about not buying anything until March ................

Well I stumbled in on a rather fascinating (to me) RWI Thread :-

And of course off I go down a rabbit hole and learn a cool bit of Rolex Vs Omega history in the process, and also managed with the help of RWI's Deep sea expert, to find and bag the 2nd edition one off DHG for a few magic beans ....

And this is (hopefully :D) what it will look like without the dial logos photo-shopped out (y)

OK, OK OK, well I did last 6 days into February :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Snooky

Came for the reps, stayed for the banter!
Supporter
23/11/23
UK
Errrrrrrrrm wot did I say about not buying anything until March ................

Well I stumbled in on a rather fascinating (to me) RWI Thread :-

And of course off I go down a rabbit hole and learn a cool bit of Rolex Vs Omega history in the process, and also managed with the help of RWI's Deep sea expert, to find and bag the 2nd edition one off DHG for a few magic beans ....

And this is (hopefully :D) what it will look like without the dial logos photo-shopped out (y)

OK, OK OK, well I did last 6 days into February :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
At least you lasted longer than I did with dry January. So it’s all relative :p

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
I'm getting the popcorn in for when your soon to be very disappointed grandchildren bring your collection to Antiques Roadshow.

It's my 2 step daughters from first marriage that will be the ones with ££££££££ signs in their eyes, and hopefully it won't be too soon :ROFLMAO:

At least you lasted longer than I did with dry January. So it’s all relative :p

I'm not too sure about that, I think you beat me ;)
Looking back at page 3 of this epic journey since 3/1/24 I have bought and received .............

IWC Aquatimer Chrono

Omega Seamaster Aquaterra

Omega Seamaster Pro Diver 300m

Tag Heuer F1 Gulf Edition

Tag Heuer F1 McLaren

Rolex Submariner Starbucks

Ladies Audemars Piquet Royal Oak (Anniversary Pressie for my Minx)

And now the yet to arrive Gen2 big assed Rolex Deepsea Challenge

Plus very soon there's gonna be ordered at least two SS Subs a Green bezel / Green dial (Not Hulk) and a Blue bezel Blue dial Smurf for now :ROFLMAO:

Last edited: