• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

KW PAM382, Details = PERFECT?

Albathebrave

Known Member
30/4/14
Alba, where does the preorder of bumblebee takes place? I'm in for one too...

have a look under the AP brand section as there is lots of pages to read there with what dealers are getting it first.
I only know of Ryan,Ken and Angus but there could be more,so check there.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Is the ZF sold out everywhere? Is a ZF V2 really in the works? Will we ever see a finished in your hands KW? Do pigs Fly?

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
Is the ZF sold out everywhere? Is a ZF V2 really in the works? Will we ever see a finished in your hands KW? Do pigs Fly?

The ZF 389 is currently out of stock. I am not sire if the new stock will feature any improvements once it comes in. I have been waiting on the KW release before making a decision. Unfortunately, we haven't heard anything on the release...which is 10 days over due.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
The ZF 389 is currently out of stock. I am not sire if the new stock will feature any improvements once it comes in. I have been waiting on the KW release before making a decision. Unfortunately, we haven't heard anything on the release...which is 10 days over due.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You mean the PAM382 right? :whistle:

sanankid

I'm Pretty Popular
18/6/11
That aint finished product buddy. Secondly kw states monday final pictures will be updated and qc will follow after....

gaizka

11/10/11
That aint finished product buddy. Secondly kw states monday final pictures will be updated and qc will follow after....

Thanks for the update, to my untrained eye, that looks like a finished product for sale. Could you let us know what's unfinished about it?

Monday you say?

Hmmm, 2 months ago KW himself said 10 days. Check out post #1 in this thread

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Is maybe KW cleaning stocks of first batches with some flaws?

And they are correcting the flaws to release a better batch?

Because it is really weird so much delay and some seemingly KW watches in a parallel market

ALE

afdaddy

Renowned Member
13/12/13
Thanks for the update, to my untrained eye, that looks like a finished product for sale. Could you let us know what's unfinished about it?

Monday you say?

Hmmm, 2 months ago KW himself said 10 days. Check out post #1 in this thread

The difference is a Pre-Production Sample vs. a full-rate production unit. Its pretty standard practice in Asian manufacturing, since there are so many contract (vs. in-house) manufacturing operations. That first version is likely made/assembled by a senior or specialty worker that is highly skilled, but to ramp up production they have to build a production plan (i.e. steps to build) for the rest of the workers to build the same model. As they build that plan, there may be steps that are difficult or decorations that they too much time to build, so they have to "value engineer" the product to build it cost effectively. Again, all standard stuff in manufacturing businesses.

So what you see on the site, and the pics so far is likely that pre-production sample. The next version KW is talking about is the Low-Rate Initial Production version or the Full Rate Production version depending on their processes.

in terms of the constantly changing deadline, from my experience this is just part of doing business in China -- no factory will ever tell you "no" on a deadline. They realize a "no" may cause you to change factories or take other actions against them, so its always "yes". You just kind of have to hope that KW has a good sense of his supplier and isn't wildly over estimating their ability to deliver on schedule. And again having worked with contract manufacturers, I've learned your better off waiting than rushing them -- rushed products = faulty products.

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
The difference is a Pre-Production Sample vs. a full-rate production unit. Its pretty standard practice in Asian manufacturing, since there are so many contract (vs. in-house) manufacturing operations. That first version is likely made/assembled by a senior or specialty worker that is highly skilled, but to ramp up production they have to build a production plan (i.e. steps to build) for the rest of the workers to build the same model. As they build that plan, there may be steps that are difficult or decorations that they too much time to build, so they have to "value engineer" the product to build it cost effectively. Again, all standard stuff in manufacturing businesses.

So what you see on the site, and the pics so far is likely that pre-production sample. The next version KW is talking about is the Low-Rate Initial Production version or the Full Rate Production version depending on their processes.

in terms of the constantly changing deadline, from my experience this is just part of doing business in China -- no factory will ever tell you "no" on a deadline. They realize a "no" may cause you to change factories or take other actions against them, so its always "yes". You just kind of have to hope that KW has a good sense of his supplier and isn't wildly over estimating their ability to deliver on schedule. And again having worked with contract manufacturers, I've learned your better off waiting than rushing them -- rushed products = faulty products.

+1
Look what happened with 382 from ZFac. They rushed to hit the market before KW and most of the watches still have known already pre production flaws. Now to compete with KW release, they already spreading rumors about V2 release. So, based on the experience with the manufacturing process and the post above it is clear that ZFac first released 382's to meet the demand selling unfinished product.
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm glad that I'm still waiting for KW release, having nothing against ZFac model except in my opinion it is not something I'd pay $500 for.

Sora

Renowned Member
18/5/12
Lets hope monday we have some watches ready :) , my guess is still estimated 1-2 weeks
maker wants to make the watch perfect for release , so there were delays even thou they had a couple of ready watches assembled and ready to ship. they had to change some parts before deciding to release.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Well if, and I say IF, the reason for this delay is releasing a better rep (I can't force myself to say perfect:)), it is worth the wait.
For sure this release caused great anticipation and even bigger expectations.
If the watch meets these expectations it might represent a definitive affirmation for KW factory as "best" maker, otherwise it could be a disaster for their reputation.

:popcorn:

c888

10/3/12
I thought every anticipated release has always had delays, from days to months... Some takes longer then others. Just look at the AP BB lineup, the BB FF lineup.. besides I rather have a good solid v1 then having factories to keep changing things in each production run like the Tudor bb v1,v1.5,v2...

Also other dealer, think asking like 5000rmb for it. Perhaps they paid more to the factories to buy the first batch..