• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is it ok to negotiate with trusted dealers?

madtonic

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/9/12
I am new to the replica watch world and I don't want to step on anyone's toes. I was wondering if it is generally permitted to negotiate with the trusted dealers. I am not trying to beat them down and get a watch for free. I am referring to possibly bringing up a price that another trusted dealer is selling the same product is for and asking if they can do a better deal. Or asking for a discount if multiple pieces are purchased at the same time. I know in some things in life, to ask for a deal is considered rude while in other things, if you don't fight for the best deal then you are the one being swindled. I just want to tread lightly here and make sure that I am purchasing my watch correctly. Thanks

Joered78

Known Member
23/9/12
Good question. I'm interested in hearing the general consensus as well. I just purchased 4 reps for almost $1k and would interested to know if buying multiple watches is common grounds for some sort of deal or price break. Thanks!

cratedroppers

12/9/11
A watch is worth to you how much you will pay obviously asking a dealer to knock of a silly amount wont get you anywhere but a small discount for multiple purchases or similar may be worth a go but don't expect anything big in this market.

cwazy1

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/2/12
there are one or two dealers who have publicly announced that they do whole sale prices.. but of course, you'd have to buy many watches..

Rainsick33

I'm Pretty Popular
23/3/08
only ask when you have a good rep with the dealer or your buying wholesale. I dont think it will go well if your first rep purchase and you ask for discount, expect a big no.

Zack Morris

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/10
Oregon
I think folks like us are a very small part of these dealers' business. They have really slim margins (believe it or not) so they aren't inclined to give much of a discount. The dealers on here are already much cheaper than those in the wild.

Joered78

Known Member
23/9/12
Oh I definitely agree the prices are fair, certainly compared to what you are getting and compared to gen prices. I'm not trying to be a cheapskate but like the OP said, I also didn't want to be the one getting screwed if it was common practice to pay a lower amount. Good to know though!

fborja

Known Member
21/9/12
Well, considering I've seen for example PAMs 111N v3 going from ~240 to ~280USD, I'd say the ones on the upper prices range aren't exactly getting "slim profit margins"..

Not bitching or anything, I think rep prices are spot on Quality/Price speaking.

45acp

I'm Pretty Popular
2/12/11
I don't see anything wrong with it, though I also think it's unlikely to be very effective so I don't try it. God forbid we should offend the delicate sensibilities of our counterfeit watch dealers on the other side of the world! If a dealer throws a hissy because you try to haggle, then go to a different dealer and pay the asking price.

Rick914

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/11
Texas
Well, considering I've seen for example PAMs 111N v3 going from ~240 to ~280USD, I'd say the ones on the upper prices range aren't exactly getting "slim profit margins"..

Not bitching or anything, I think rep prices are spot on Quality/Price speaking.

Goes back to what All the Vets will tell you. "Buy the dealer not the watch". Yes your right they can all get the same piece and each might get a better deal than the next which you may or may not see at your end.

45acp

I'm Pretty Popular
2/12/11
LOL! This made me laugh.

lol, I think there's way too much dealer "worship" on these forums. Most of them are perfectly decent guys, and while we should appreciate if they provide good service we're not indebted to them. In true addict fashion, many of the people on these boards revere the dealers and get very upset if you don't display the same degree of reverence.

They're in this to make money. If they don't like you trying to bargain, or asking questions, or sending stuff back for QC issues, etc, then they don't have to sell to you. Being TDs on forums like this is a pretty good deal for them, so they're not gonna just give it up because individual members irritate them.

redrising

I'm Pretty Popular
23/4/12
lol, I think there's way too much dealer "worship" on these forums. Most of them are perfectly decent guys, and while we should appreciate if they provide good service we're not indebted to them. In true addict fashion, many of the people on these boards revere the dealers and get very upset if you don't display the same degree of reverence.

They're in this to make money. If they don't like you trying to bargain, or asking questions, or sending stuff back for QC issues, etc, then they don't have to sell to you. Being TDs on forums like this is a pretty good deal for them, so they're not gonna just give it up because individual members irritate them.

+1

Right on brotha. Right on. Too much hero worship around here. I'm with you on this. Solidarity.

images

Zack Morris

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/10
Oregon
I do agree, it never hurts to ask... Talk about sacrilege, I just askedPhong if he would come down on a price lol

acharria

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/10/09
I dont think it will work for your first buy (unless is whole prices)

Frequent buyers or older members maybe can get better prices

LUWE

Renowned Member
9/7/11
For the first order I would not ask for any discount..... why? The dealer does not know you, you don´t know him.... If the deal went smooth, and you´re happy and you´re ordering a second time, then you might could ask for a little discount. But when you order 1 watch pro order, you won´t get much..... like nothing :)

It must be intersting for the dealer also... so 2-3 watches at a time then you might get some discount....

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
I've been offered free shipping or slight discounts for ordering more than 2 watches at a time without asking from a couple of dealers.

However, follow the advice above, chose your dealer not the price. It is always a better deal to recieve a working watch for $250 than have one DOA or not show up at all for $240!

AskMeAgain

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/11
Are you lot mad? This is Asian business men we are talking about here... NOTHING is NOT able to be haggled over ;) If you ask and they say no you've lost what?

Example.... PAM Arktos 90% of dealers $250 to 270 ish, one here $188 figure 30% still in the tank on that price...

God... who actually pays retail?

thedoover

Snow Monkey Ambassador
Supporter
Certified
15/6/10
there are one or two dealers who have publicly announced that they do whole sale prices.. but of course, you'd have to buy many watches..

I may have missed, but who besides TS will do wholesale?