• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JLC Navy Seals Diver : Just received

blue rocket

12/4/11
Thanks for the review! I love the look of the watch but at $388+SH with asian clone movement this is just too darn expensive for a v1 product!

With Swiss movement ur looking at $500, I fail to see what went in to this watch that makes it so much more than lets say the new green ceramic sub. Its beautiful, but should be a $200 rep.

revhrd

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/2/11
Well, there is no lower tier offerings, and this is almost perfect. It is the price for the almost attained in one shot rather than 6 versions later at $250 a pop...

D

d4m.test

The watch does seem a bit pricey, but I guess the rubber bracelet is also a fairly new and unique expense as well. A few TDs told me the rubber bracelet would be $200 by itself. That's approaching gen territory.

bclaud

Known Member
6/4/11
Hi guys, after I read your posts I did not understand if the case for this model should be made from Ti or SS. Which one is correct? Did they missed Ti case from begining and asked a premium price for it? In this case this model should be considered as a super-rep or not?
Thanks!

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
The Alarm model is definitely titanium but the plain old diver is stainless steel. So not sure what the OP is on about.

ichi

25/4/12
The Alarm model is definitely titanium but the plain old diver is stainless steel. So not sure what the OP is on about.

it is what it is mate. I was at jaeger lecoultre and the gentleman told me the watch was titanium. i had him repeat it three times. I felt it in my hands as well as noticed the slightly less than white look to it. im sorry to say it was most definitely, with out a doubt, 100%, undeniably titanium.

was there a couple runs of this watch and there are different versions? one stainless, one Ti? this is very possible and I cannot answer that... which is why i asked it in an earlier post.

Hi guys, after I read your posts I did not understand if the case for this model should be made from Ti or SS. Which one is correct? Did they missed Ti case from begining and asked a premium price for it? In this case this model should be considered as a super-rep or not?
Thanks!

this is just my humble opinion as only the scene as a whole can rate if it is a super rep or not. but my answer is no, regardless of case material this watch is not a super rep.

it is absolutely an excellent rep, but not super. pams are super reps... this is a v1

ericb196

Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
Concerning the case material, when you go on the JCL website, our navy seals is stated as Steel.
There is no 42mm titan case Navy Seals with on crown on the site anyway.

Perhaps a special version ?

Dreadnought

5/10/08
it is what it is mate. I was at jaeger lecoultre and the gentleman told me the watch was titanium. i had him repeat it three times. I felt it in my hands as well as noticed the slightly less than white look to it. im sorry to say it was most definitely, with out a doubt, 100%, undeniably titanium.

was there a couple runs of this watch and there are different versions? one stainless, one Ti? this is very possible and I cannot answer that... which is why i asked it in an earlier post.
Wrong. It's stainless. I own the Gen GMT Chrono, and have been around the other models frequently and long enough to know. The NSD was the only model that came in stainless steel, and all other models had the choice of grade 5 titanium and 18k gold. Also, if people are wondering about the etching, the only truly faint part is the edition number. The part around the "budweiser" really is that shiny and polished(goes away kinda after wearing it a lot). As far as problems with the bezel click on the rep, the Gen...at least my Gen has already gone through a spring. The Gen is not without its issues.

haysy

24/10/11
Good points from someone who has to know it. I think we are more critical with our reps than gen owners with their gens...and I´m a gen owner too ;)

ichi

25/4/12

Wrong. It's stainless. I own the Gen GMT Chrono, and have been around the other models frequently and long enough to know. The NSD was the only model that came in stainless steel, and all other models had the choice of grade 5 titanium and 18k gold. Also, if people are wondering about the etching, the only truly faint part is the edition number. The part around the "budweiser" really is that shiny and polished(goes away kinda after wearing it a lot). As far as problems with the bezel click on the rep, the Gen...at least my Gen has already gone through a spring. The Gen is not without its issues.

Yup, this had been bothering me ever since he told me it was titanium and I had immediately contacted Richemont that next evening... I would like to think that the sale person that worked at the JLC boutique would know more than any of us enthusiasts but alas he was full of hot air. Richemont got back to me the other day and verified the gentleman had no clue what he is saying and that the diver HE had was in fact stainless steel. :cheers:

PecMan

4/5/09
i ordered 1 of the jlc for my cousin , today i got the watch ,
i read a non so good review for it before ,
but! in my opinion ,, the watch is ******* amazing!
beautifull clean dial , nice bezel, the size is smaller than my usual watches, so that is actually a plus! good for swimming and traveling
the rubber bracelet is really!!!!!!! amazing! the color , the feeling! i mean in person is 100 times better ,
the watch is just really cool! and in my opinion it is
A MUST HAVE IN A COLLECTION!
i dont care about the case back or round numbers or bullshit like that ,
to me it looks perfect!

Dreadnought

5/10/08
What I think is the real steal about this watch is the articulated rubber bracelet. If it was built to JLC specs, I might just buy the rep, and put the bracelet on my Gen as I've got nothing but scratches over it.

D

d4m.test

What I think is the real steal about this watch is the articulated rubber bracelet. If it was built to JLC specs, I might just buy the rep, and put the bracelet on my Gen as I've got nothing but scratches over it.

Buying the rep is basically what I ended up doing. The TDs are charging $200 for the bracelet alone, and I thought that was too high a price compared to the entire rep price of under $400.

There are a couple of cheap cheap options for bracelets out there that I found in my searches. Panatime has a couple for under $30, but they're nowhere near as nice looking.

D

d4m.test

Hey Ichi!

Was there anything unusual about the watch when removing the crown and movement? I'm planning on water testing mine, and I was wondering if the weird crown lock (or anything else) meant doing something unusual to remove everything from the case.

ichi

25/4/12
Hey Ichi!

Was there anything unusual about the watch when removing the crown and movement? I'm planning on water testing mine, and I was wondering if the weird crown lock (or anything else) meant doing something unusual to remove everything from the case.

Hi Big Raji,

Good question. Fortunately there was absolutely nothing out of the ordinary when opening this guy up. It was one of the easier watches I have worked on. Very straight forward... just make sure crown is set to red up so you don't damage your crown o-rings. Have fun.

p.s. i just realized i never posted finished pictures of my destro diver, i'll post those in the next day or two. (been away)

mt666tm

Renowned Member
2/2/10
p.s. i just realized i never posted finished pictures of my destro diver, i'll post those in the next day or two. (been away)

Please do, Im thinking of doing this as well.