• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JLC Navy Seals Diver : Just received

D

d4m.test

Destro does look amazing, though I guess that might be a minor tell. ;)

so now that the mod is done, should we start arguing about which way to turn the crown to set the time?

ichi

25/4/12
Destro does look amazing, though I guess that might be a minor tell. ;)

so now that the mod is done, should we start arguing about which way to turn the crown to set the time?

Haha thanks brotha!

Funny thing... I ran into a guy downtown in the street who happens to work at a boutique that has one. He noticed mine on my wrist and instantly assumed I had it custom done and asked who the watchsmith that did the "amazing work" was. LOL. He also loved the strap which is funny because although i like it too its a 50$ di-modell pilot strap. (I have it in both black and brown).

D

d4m.test

Haha thanks brotha!

Funny thing... I ran into a guy downtown in the street who happens to work at a boutique that has one. He noticed mine on my wrist and instantly assumed I had it custom done and asked who the watchsmith that did the "amazing work" was. LOL. He also loved the strap which is funny because although i like it too its a 50$ di-modell pilot strap. (I have it in both black and brown).

lol that's awesome.

One question just occured to me though... does your watch now change dates at 6:30am? Unless you wake up before that, I'm sure it doesn't really matter. Or did you do another mod to prevent that? I assume you also had to do something fancy with the hour hand to adjust it by 15 degrees? Or perhaps I'm just brainfarting now after all the datewheel arguments.

ichi

25/4/12
One question just occured to me though... does your watch now change dates at 6:30am?

nope, promptly at 12:00AM. to rotate the dial you need to remove the hands. You set the time to 12:00 o'clock by setting time until day flips over then place the hands at 12:00, voila.

as far as the date wheel though you need to source yourself a date at 4:00 wheel. they are very hard to find and I have been looking for more if you or anyone else can source some. I want to do a few more watches. ;)

the reason for the date wheel is because DWOs have 31 teeth, so rotating the dial 180degrees would then place you directly in the middle of two dates. so without modding the dwo or getting the new one you would show "half-dates."

D

d4m.test

Ahh, very interesting. Good to know. Thanks for the info. I've never taken apart a watch before, but I always assumed that there was some sort of notch on the post (is it called a post?) that kept hands from spinning around freely. I guess it's just pure friction. Very good info about the DWO as well.

ALTL

Known Member
29/6/13
Hi all. I love this watch and TSWatch has 2 versions both from NOOB one with a swiss movement and the other with an asian 2824. Any idea on if there are physical differences between both versions and/or which one might be the better choice (there is a 200 price differential between both of them)
Thx for your advice

wingzee

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/1/15
Hi all. I love this watch and TSWatch has 2 versions both from NOOB one with a swiss movement and the other with an asian 2824. Any idea on if there are physical differences between both versions and/or which one might be the better choice (there is a 200 price differential between both of them)
Thx for your advice

Pure difference in movement. Would definitely get the one with Asian 2824 movement sand save the $200 for a nicer strap or another rep. :D

rafidou

Horology Curious
29/4/15
i think i will order one...
is someone is already looking for a crown of better quality to change it ?

Journeyman

Renowned Member
Certified
1/6/14
Checked with a couple of TD's, its only available with Asian movement now.

jinp84

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/4/15
The bracelet seems like a real problem but a great review overall!

aflop

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/5/13
Hey guys, love the discussion here.
Just picked up one on m2m not long ago and am lost about the crown switch on these. I've read that the gens mechanism is such that you turn the crown guard a quarter to unlock it.

On my rep both red and white sides allow crown to be pulled out and adjusted. Is my watch busted?

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Just picked up one on m2m not long ago and am lost about the crown switch on these. I've read that the gens mechanism is such that you turn the crown guard a quarter to unlock it.

On my rep both red and white sides allow crown to be pulled out and adjusted. Is my watch busted?

Might be an issue. Basically, yes you should turn it so the red is showing on the crown, then you can pull out and adjust the time. Press back in, flip it to white and the crown is locked and closed. If you can pull it out while its white there might be an issue with the mechanism - but in the end the only issue would be water resistance. If you aren't diving/getting it wet you'll more than likely be fine.

aflop

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/5/13
Might be an issue. Basically, yes you should turn it so the red is showing on the crown, then you can pull out and adjust the time. Press back in, flip it to white and the crown is locked and closed. If you can pull it out while its white there might be an issue with the mechanism - but in the end the only issue would be water resistance. If you aren't diving/getting it wet you'll more than likely be fine.

Thanks! I popped it open and I can't seem to find any mechanism that was preventing the crown from being pulled out in either red or white shown crown turns!

What should I see? Also does anyone else have a micro screw sticking out under one side of the crown?

Fake_da_Funk

Renowned Member
16/3/15

Pretty sure i read that this is common on the rep. It may even be a flaw with it being the case on all. Let me see if i can find where i read that for u