• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JLC Navy Seals Diver : Just received

ichi

25/4/12
IMGP3685.jpg

IMGP3683.jpg

IMGP3696.jpg

IMGP3681.jpg

Here's the Destro Diver in all its glory...

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Hi Big Raji,

Good question. Fortunately there was absolutely nothing out of the ordinary when opening this guy up. It was one of the easier watches I have worked on. Very straight forward... just make sure crown is set to red up so you don't damage your crown o-rings.

Thanks! That's what I figured, but great to have confirmation.

Ehm, I got told exactly the opposite over on Repgeek. And if you look on all of the JLC websites and catalogues the white arrow is always upwards. Red usually meaning STOP I find it difficult to believe that the red arrows facing upwards is the correct way to have the crown locked.

edit: oh i might have misunderstood. You're talking about taking it apart aren't you :facepalm:

gelyte

Renowned Member
14/3/10
Just got mine. What can I say... I LOVE IT!!! Nothing bothers me, except for the crown. Does anyone know is there a difference between the gen and rep? If so, where I can get one for replacement? :)

Ed911

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/12/11
EU
Are you sure?

Gen:

13475e02.jpg

Rep:

18b8fa29.jpg

The rep crown is quite close to the gen one IMHO

Rogerthat

Renowned Member
6/11/06
I believe white = safe to swim
Red = not safe to swim

So if using the crown to change time, date, take apart the crown should be red as white would imply pressure seal is intact

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Gen is pressure moulded plastic but looks slightly more matte compared to the rep.

ichi

25/4/12
There is a definite difference in person with the crowns. It doesnt jump out and scream at you but if you take a look you will see pretty easily.

Bonesey is right the gen is more matte. It also seems more "crisp" if that makes sense.

BigChief

Renowned Member
8/5/09
I believe white = safe to swim
Red = not safe to swim

So if using the crown to change time, date, take apart the crown should be red as white would imply pressure seal is intact

So if I read this right the crown doesnt actually lock - scerw down....as in it will move whether the crown is in the red or white position?

Can someone confirm this. Just got mine a few days ago and want to make sure mine isnt defective.

Also if above is right and my watch isnt defective....which color is the safe color to change time and which color to swim?

Ed911

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/12/11
EU
I own a gen Master Compressor. Took this pic a few days ago.

White: you can swim = locked.

Red: you can change time + working chrono.

f18ce34e.jpg

BigChief

Renowned Member
8/5/09
That answered part of my question. So when the crown is "locked" you could still turn it....even though you shouldnt ?

Rogerthat

Renowned Member
6/11/06
You can still change the time white or red
It doesn't lock it down just pressurized it do it should be harder to use when white than red
I wouldn't advise using the crown when white though so you don't cause wear to the gaskets

mt666tm

Renowned Member
2/2/10
Destro looks good, really good. I have another NSD incoming and I might do similar mod to it. Thanks for the pics!