• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jf ap 15400 v5

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
He doesn't like being attacked and expects people to be friendlier to him. Because he QCs watches for people through PMs when the very practice is frowned upon and not allowed in the open forums.

And thinks it is completely ok for him to come and open a comment like this:

Don't trash the Dealers i saw so much JF versions with wrong parts, they are fucking it up not the dealers.

Sounds very passive, friendly and constructive.

And then get butt hurt when called out for trying to buddy up with the TD. And denies by saying he was not trying to defend anyone.

I'd like nominate him as the Goodwill Ambassador of RWI. Do I have a second?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
To me both first pics are jf, one plated the second printed on dial, blue color is 100% same.
I've read multiple time jf blue was wrong from v3 to v5.

Haha. Thanks for calling out my gen.

It’s funny, only time I get “called out” is when I’m wearing a gen.

Is This JF as well?
dcd2b3ac4dc19990dd81ca0ff2ad38d5.jpg

Last edited:

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Haha. Thanks for calling out my gen.

It’s funny, only time I get “called out” is when I’m wearing a gen.

Is This JF as well?
dcd2b3ac4dc19990dd81ca0ff2ad38d5.jpg

Well, then I'm glad to see JF got a matching blue color instead of OMF =)

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Is it matching? The last batch was to soft/dull did they fix that in the current batch KSwatches ?

OMF is copying the last dial color + AP writing pre 2013 which makes no sense (and the logo is completly wrong :D ) still hopeing to see the new dial in blue (the ones with plates).

Last edited:
Reactions: KSwatches

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Is it matching? The last batch was to soft/dull did they fix that in the current batch KSwatches ?

OMF is copying the last dial color + AP writing pre 2013 which makes no sense (and the logo is completly wrong :D ) still hopeing to see the new dial in blue (the ones with plates).

Anyway the omf is far away from the jf, not need to talk about a new king, omf version is just a failed challanger to my eyes. :)
​​​​

Reactions: Rolemars

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Voajge.jpg

Left: JF V5
Right: JF V3

Here you can see what I mean with the "Swiss made" printing. I know using plates is not gen-like. Opinions vary a lot and that's good. I respect that.
I like it the new way, it looks better to my eye. I can barely read the words "swiss made", at least now it's easier and more well defined. :)

Last edited:

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Very sad ???? can’t accept Decoration open case back ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I must say if they can get the printing and tapseries from the RG one to the SS Blue one it would be an instant buy :D but also i love the black RG the combo is great.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I must say if they can get the printing and tapseries from the RG one to the SS Blue one it would be an instant buy :D but also i love the black RG the combo is great.

It doesn't matter OMF, JF or whatever F. They are all leagues away from the gen, as you yourself mentioned a few posts before.
The movement alone is a cheap rattly joke and most of the dial details for both are just plain wrong. The hands are completely off as well.
However the reps do make nice novelty watches for wear and they do look nicer and nicer compared with previous iterations. That progress is impressive for me.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I agree :) ofcourse its not looking like gen :D but as a dress watch it looks pretty compared to the old versions :)

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18

No. JF have not fixed the dray/blue dial colour.

It’s just the lighting/angles.

Impossible to make accurate colour assessments from pictures because the gen dial is so dynamic in colour...even at 0.5deg angle difference, the colour looks completely different.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Very sad ???? can’t accept Decoration open case back ..

Then look elsewhere, because all the 15400 reps come with open casebacks. And trust me on one thing: When the watch is worn, nobody will be able to see the caseback, unless you have an extra eye growing on the wrist directly below where the caseback rests. How is your comment even relevant in this discussion? :p

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I agree :) ofcourse its not looking like gen :D but as a dress watch it looks pretty compared to the old versions :)

I will have to say that they will also go very well with Gucci T shirts. I got a pic of my friend wearing his gen 15400 with his Gucci T shirt that day and it looked perfectly matching. I did tell him not to tag #veryexpensive #luxury or such nonsense on that photo because I find it very distasteful haha. The 15400 is a classy and tasteful watch and I think that you can wear it with everything.
Just get a rep and slap it on and it will mostly work in real life as a fashion statement I feel. Who cares if the watch is gen or rep? This matters only in discussions here, and frankly it has little or no relevance in real life unless you are trying to dupe someone with it, or posing with it on instagram as a gen and putting nonsense hashtags on it, only to be busted by those who are into such things. :)

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12

Impossible to make accurate colour assessments from pictures because the gen dial is so dynamic in colour...even at 0.5deg angle difference, the colour looks completely different.

This is a great example of stating facts and what is expected of a respectable TD/SV.

Thank you for sharing this. I am sure this kind of participation is very helpful to the forum.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth

Yeah the rg/black combo is pretty sweet but we have to stay away from gold plated rep lol.
Let's hope they update our beloved ss blue dial for a future v5j/v6.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

This is true.
I often wonder how members can assess that this and that color is off or this and that dial is "closest to gen" without having the gen and rep side by side to compare them.
To whoever that wants to give advice on color accuracy of the 15400 dials, be responsible enough not to rely on videos and photos and state them like absolute facts. This is like giving travel advice from reading wikipedia and googling the country seated in your armchair at home, unless of course the country in subject is your own.
I agree with KSwatches that the gen colors (even the black) is dynamic and all are equally close (or different) from their gen counterparts. Few can tell you that the gen black can look metallic charcoal from certain angles/lightings, and deep boring black in others. But those own the gen (or at least have a gen dial to look at in person) will know that after some time spent studying the dial. I disagree that the blue colors are off for the JF V4/V5 either. I have seen gens look exactly like that, and in real life with the watches side by side. I will try to find that pic and post it for illustration. Any perceived difference in the dials, can be attributed to the angle of the watches, and also, the same difference apply to all colors if you find them different. Black isn't more accurate. Silver isn't more accurate. Just buy what you like and wear it. It is a $400 replica watch.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Ok gen blue on right. Rep on left.
Different? Yes they are not exactly the same color but they are as close as the rep black/silver dials VS their counterparts. So the blue is not the least accurate. All colors are equally “close” to their respective counterparts. One often neglects the fact that the texture of the tapisseries and even the structure of the tapisseries themselves, are different. Same color, when applied to different surfaces, will invariably look different. So the same rule will apply to the black and silver dials as well. My point is, don't ostracize the blue color based on subjective perception. I find the color acceptable in the rep.
82ffbe5f22a35c4770bcc0845a73d7e9.jpg

Last edited: