• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jf ap 15400 v5

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
legend

you misunderstood me i compared the 15400 with a 2018/2019 gen in different light sections of the store (even outside with sun and without in his backyard (which is closed to the public) thats why i didn't do pictures because they are crazy people on the internet who track down stuff and then expose the store owner which is not so "funny" for him.

Thats why i said a little bit more blue and better printing mech500 said the same in his review btw. i didn't even say/mean that the V5 is a bad version or something its blue is just not "good" enough, it looks to flat the v2 was closer but not as close as it can be (as a fact the JF 15202 has the closest blue ive ever seen to the "real" one but terrible printing in normal light and good printing under electro light which is also crazy).

Its a shame i can't make pictures but i will respect the owners decision. Maybe its only my eyes who see the difference i don't know but mech500 bassically can confirm the "dull" looking blue and it was not changed yet (maybe in the new batch i hope so).

So i still have hopes for updates :D my V5 was from Juni 2018 so maybe they changed the color in the newer batches i don't know it looks exactly like the V3 from the picture above even the same "sunburst" maybe they changed it in the past year (which would be good).

P.S.: I like the new tapseries as well from the black version looks more gen compared to the old V5/V4s etc.

I do respect your opinion. And definitely you and anyone else have as much right as I do to make our own observations and such.

Also I understand that you are saying simply that you prefer one shade of blue to another, and that of course is your right and perfectly reasonable.
But what I am also saying is that unless you own the gen, please don't make absolute statements about what the gen is or isn't like. By "owning" I don't mean a single encounter looking at it in a store or holding it for x minutes or even an hour. To understand the subtleties of the gen takes a lot more than just a single encounter, or even multiple encounters with the model. Gen owners like QueTip understands this and we routinely discuss the details which cannot be seen in pictures or videos here. You can still give your opinion of course, and post all those pictures and videos you've taken off the net. Details like date font, print font and clarity, logo type can be observed without owning or even going near a gen. Pics are definitely good enough. But for details like color, finish, texture etc.. these take ownership of the watch to study and understand them truly over a period of time and under all different conditions. Only then will your observation about color and finish differences be credible. It is perfectly fine to state your personal preferences and observations but please don't state them like they are the biblical truth. There are some of us here with the gens in hand, please think about that before making judgement calls. Do you think that your comparisons can carry more weight than someone who actually owns the watches and compares them side by side?

If other members are looking up to you for your input and feedback, then you need to be responsible about posting them. Otherwise it will be like the army hiring a guy whose sole credentials are playing counterstrike and world of warcraft to be their military strategist. Respect and courtesy need to be shown both ways. For example, when I tell you that the gen RO or ROO rotor is 22k yellow gold, that is because I have it in hand, and am viewing it 30cm from my eyes. Show me some courtesy by not trying to argue and showing me a pic from the internet. I do not need pics when I own the gen, and being an ex fighter pilot, my vision is still 20/20 the last I checked.

Lets practice mutual respect and courtesy. I enjoy your posts sir, and think that newbies with zero or little knowledge will benefit from your posts and observation. Remember however that are different knowledge and experience levels in the community and even today I am learning from my betters in this community. We can discuss at a more meaningful level when we are fellow gen owners. I am not saying that it is an "elevation" of status in any way, no sir. But the details and other intangibles we can discuss will be quite different. For example, there are no v1, v2, v4 or whatever, but rather, we will be discussing the updates (and regressions) in the different series. There will obviously be no discussions of what is more gen-like and what isn't.

It is a little like the analogy below:

At the scene of a car accident, a crowd is gathering round the victim. A man pushes his way through the crowd, and starts shouting "Move aside, I know CPR!" repeatedly.
A woman from also starts forward, but was pushed back by the same man, who turns to her and repeats "Move aside, I know CPR!"
She replies: "OK, then when you get to the part about calling a qualified doctor, here I am"

So it's perfectly ok to want to help and educate others. This is what the forum is about. But when someone with better knowledge and qualifications informs you of a fact, it is prudent to read and learn just as you will like others to learn from you. ;)

Last edited:

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Also KSwatches why do you repost pics of someone else when you want to show us YOUR gens 'Swiss Made' printing? WITHOUT even thinking about giving credit?

Haha. Well spotted. For the record I confirm they are my pictures of my watch. That’s all I want to say my friend ???? wink

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Let’s just say my option and the option of KSwatches in the same. No point both of us repeating the same thing over and over.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Faj

10/3/19
I am grateful for the input from all of you.
I learn a lot.

want to thank tigerdragon for helping me with short, hard words.

As freshy I was unsure about lume, the dealer told me: „there is nothing wrong with it - everybody would take it“
Unsure about that statement related to my knowledge I wrote tigerdragon with pics“

quick answer: „that lume looks like shit“

That supported my feelings and gave me strength against the dealers arguments - got a good one then - thanks for that.

Has nothing to do with the quarrel here, but anyway.

I really appreciate your fight too - as while you are at it, one gets a lot of valuable information.

thank you all!!!

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
legend

I respect your opinion but did you hold the v5 and the gen side by side? If not how can you know that the v5 is good?

That's the whole idea of a forum / rep community to get a good replica and when the color is extremely dull compared to gen I see it :D

Finish? Yes the finish is better because the watch costs 20k more.

I understand your point but don't understand why it should bring "more" value if you own the gen.

For a comparison it's completely irrelevant. The blue of the v5 (atleast my version) is wrong I don't need to own the gen to see that if I test that side by side for a day and in 9 from 10 lightscenarios it looks completely wrong and dull I don't buy the gen to see that because I have eyes :D

That was my point but we would go back to topic or discuss via pm because it's a lot of offtopif.

Last edited:

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
legend leave it be. He won’t ever understand.

Reactions: legend

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
legend

I respect your opinion but did you hold the v5 and the gen side by side? If not how can you know that the v5 is good?

That's the whole idea of a forum / rep community to get a good replica and when the color is extremely dull compared to gen I see it :D

Finish? Yes the finish is better because the watch costs 20k more.

I understand your point but don't understand why it should bring "more" value if you own the gen.

For a comparison it's completely irrelevant. The blue of the v5 (atleast my version) is wrong I don't need to own the gen to see that if I test that side by side for a day and in 9 from 10 lightscenarios it looks completely wrong and dull I don't buy the gen to see that because I have eyes :D

That was my point but we would go back to topic or discuss via pm because it's a lot of offtopif.

Every. Single. Post. You make is stating the same repetitive answer. Not understanding the point many have tried making it you. You won’t ever understand. And this is fine by me. It PLEASE knock it off now. We get it, you like this and that. And honestly I don’t care as you have no subjective base for a comparison. You can not compare gen and v5 by holding pics next to it, or holding it next to each other while the gen is in the boutique window and the v5 outside in your hand. Lol.

This thread is closed up until further notice. I’m sick of it. Last 5-10 pages could’ve been salvaged by a few probably even less than 5 posts

Last edited: