• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 15400 v3

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Last QC i posted and see was 11.5 mm but then someone else did have QC with 11 mm, seems like its different from case to case.

The People think its Gen haha. Maybe they are? lol i cant tell with that Video's

Its not Gen its my account and my V2 :D look at the thickness ^^

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
Last QC i posted and see was 11.5 mm but then someone else did have QC with 11 mm, seems like its different from case to case.

Its not Gen its my account and my V2 :D look at the thickness ^^

Yep haha its hard to tell the difference because i never saw a Gen in Person. and i didnt watch all Video to the end :D

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Can someone update on what’s the thickness on this v3. Had a member posti a picture being 10.2mm stock from td. Wondering if improved or caliper was off :D

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...nd-short-of-it

As you can see from this there is no consistency in the case thickness. It is luck of the draw. I had a 11.2 and 3 11mm cases. The TD 10.5mm figure is nominal as far as I can see. The xtal sits proud by 0.5mm to 0.6mm. So the full case height is around 10.7/10.8, 10.5/10.6 and 10.3/10.4 respectively. You have to be really lucky to get a 10.8 one. Most from what I see are 11mm but people like slaughterer62 and legend have seen many more cases. You can shave anywhere between 0.4mm to 0.6mm off the case back from my limited experience.

The old TF cases seemed to be a consistent 10mm.

Oh just to add my tourby was 12.2 so way way off.

corleone911

6/11/17
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...nd-short-of-it

As you can see from this there is no consistency in the case thickness. It is luck of the draw. I had a 11.2 and 3 11mm cases. The TD 10.5mm figure is nominal as far as I can see. The xtal sits proud by 0.5mm to 0.6mm. So the full case height is around 10.7/10.8, 10.5/10.6 and 10.3/10.4 respectively. You have to be really lucky to get a 10.8 one. Most from what I see are 11mm but people like slaughterer62 and legend have seen many more cases. You can shave anywhere between 0.4mm to 0.6mm off the case back from my limited experience.

The old TF cases seemed to be a consistent 10mm.

Oh just to add my tourby was 12.2 so way way off.

Yes TF had the best caseback. The size and the edges were great. But impossible to buy anymore. I feel like I asked every TD.....

Reactions: J.Gotti

corleone911

6/11/17
You still dont get it or? That the case and sizes are different from sample to sample the V2 were perfect alignment same with the last posted V3.

No bro! No chance to get. You have to be lucky and get a used one.

Let’s hope a JF V4 will have the right caseback. Should be technical no problem to make it for them

Reactions: J.Gotti

transteam

Known Member
23/6/17
Very nice but unfortunately minute markers are still not as they should be - they are sfaded and they are not thick and crisp enough. This should be easy to achieve yet JF still doesn’t want to fix this flaw.

I got a V3 blue SS being thinned out right now.
from what I can tell. the markers are good to go.
1 or 2 were little off, but got that taken cared of.

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14

Hi Transteam,
Would you mind sharing the information on who did your marker/indices realignment? was it easy to adjust them?
I have an indices that needs minor adjustment and was thinking of the best way to get it fixed.
Thanks in advance

Reactions: corleone911

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I see no difference to my V2 brushing it looks like that in the same light

My v2 brushing looks like the same to me

Edit: i must say i like the black color :D normally more the blue guy but black looks really great.

The brushing on stufuse’s bezel and case (not so much the bracelet) is much more defined than any previous version I have seen bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: stufuse

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA

Nah they are not that good on those new blue 15400 v3. I’ve been told JF will work on minutemarkers, it’s highly possible we will see refined minutemarkers in the next upgrade.

dunno if you had in hand gen 15400 but minutemarkers stand out a lot, they are way brighter than v3. They are also slightly thicker.
JF factory know about flaw with minutemarkers and hopefully do something about it - it should be easy fix for them.

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Nah they are not that good on those new blue 15400 v3. I’ve been told JF will work on minutemarkers, it’s highly possible we will see refined minutemarkers in the next upgrade.

dunno if you had in hand gen 15400 but minutemarkers stand out a lot, they are way brighter than v3. They are also slightly thicker.
JF factory know about flaw with minutemarkers and hopefully do something about it - it should be easy fix for them.
Any way to know when the next batch will be released?

transteam

Known Member
23/6/17

I'm gonna ask for some pictures for the min markers
i hope you are wrong. )=

Hakai

11/6/18
I doubt that as well.
However the upgrade, is nice to have, just make sure that the QC is point on !

Not sure if it's okay to ask TD about case diameter during a QC ? Nobody wants that 11mm case.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
The brushing on stufuse’s bezel and case (not so much the bracelet) is much more defined than any previous version I have seen bro.

Nah man mine was the same when it was new after some wearing it goes off pretty fast, wait until he has it a year then you will see it. I find them btw way to overbrushed (the pictures i mean). Mine was "finer" dont know what they changed. I think it could be the camera as well i did some pictures with my new smartphone camera and my Hublot Sang Bleu looks heavy brushed on the pictures but in real life its not so noticeable.

The brushing was never the problem they should fix the damn minute markers, see the new 15202 faded markers again -.-

Last edited:

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
I'm gonna ask for some pictures for the min markers
i hope you are wrong. )=

I wish I was wrong I’d buy all 3.. well maybe not blue until they will go back to different deeper and brighter
blue color.
Its a small flaw but it’s the one that bothers me most. And it’s such an easy fix.

the thing with minute markers is they may look good when looking at them straight and under semi bright light but they may look like total crap when you look at them from the slight angle.
its because they are printed on highly texturized surface of the dial.
when accepting QC just check if they look semi decent because you won’t find 14500 with perfect bright and crisp minute markers.
That’s all you can do.
its a great watch anyway.

btw, white dials have nice minute markers but they should be still slightly brighter and slightly thicker.

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
723c8323f8f5c1a54ff57f38c85fbe82.jpg