• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 15400 v3

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
I have v3 blue dial incoming hopefully have it next week.

Accepted the watch
ad019024015b7743451e3a38c00ff84e.jpg
57d3b1625b33d36fb9b42bfc1d50ed45.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Not bad but the AP logo needs to be alligned (easy fix for a watchsmith)

I think that is the least of the problems with this release from JF.

The one thing that makes this release ugly, is the mismatching dial/hands lume colour.

White lume hands, green lume dial markers:
a30220dd4cbac11a7119c93cb239fa2d.png

Hands are too fat and the steel is dark compared to the chrome white hour marker surrounds:
7c93c3129a88343baa66c4cd7b1088e1.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

braveanthony

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/8/18
I received my white/silver dial 15400 v3 today. Not having seen gen so I may not know what I’m talking about but it feels cheap when I hold it. The bracelet is full of rough edges and light. Might visit AD and hold the gen to see if it’s supposed to feel like that.

ChriBe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/8/16
I received my white/silver dial 15400 v3 today. Not having seen gen so I may not know what I’m talking about but it feels cheap when I hold it. The bracelet is full of rough edges and light. Might visit AD and hold the gen to see if it’s supposed to feel like that.

Hi mate,
There is no much difference to a genuine AP from my feels. When I wasn’t that deep in reps I was lurking around to get a genuine one. However, I only knew how cheaper reps felt like, visited the AD and wondered why it was feeling somewhat similar. Of course it was an absolute stunner but still the bracelet didn’t feel like a 15k watch.

Sent from the RWI App

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
That Swiss Made print is an eye sore to the JF factory. Hahahaha

Nice bro! So gen-like! I meant it is Gen!

"There are more than 1 road to Rome...."

Reactions: legend

GilbertG

Horology Curious
27/1/15
Hi, I have the v3 however I have issue with removing the link, managed to remove one side but the other side, I could not unscrew the link.

Based in SG, anyone know of anyone that can fix this for me? Thanks.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Hi, I have the v3 however I have issue with removing the link, managed to remove one side but the other side, I could not unscrew the link.

Based in SG, anyone know of anyone that can fix this for me? Thanks.

The screws are stiff and they are like butter so get chewed up easily. I remove the bracelet and soak in in penetration oil for a day and then move it to a baby oil bath for another 2 days. I occasionally agitate the bracelet to make it more supple, while it is in the oil bath. It softens the bracelet and makes the screws easier to work on.

Reactions: csthe

GilbertG

Horology Curious
27/1/15
Ok. Thanks. Will try it. I am using WD40.

Currently I can't unscrew the screws cause it seems locked. Will try your suggestion. Thanks.

grandphuba

8/4/18
Just to emphasize, only one side of the bracelet has screws; once unscrewed, you'll have to push the pin from the other side (though sometimes you really don't have to push it as it slides right off).

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Ok. Thanks. Will try it. I am using WD40.

Currently I can't unscrew the screws cause it seems locked. Will try your suggestion. Thanks.

Try heating up the bracelet. I had the same issue and what I did was to boil some water and then plunge the part of the bracelet with the "locked" screws in it. Left it there for a couple of minutes and the screws "unlocked".

Reactions: csthe

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Try heating up the bracelet. I had the same issue and what I did was to boil some water and then plunge the part of the bracelet with the "locked" screws in it. Left it there for a couple of minutes and the screws "unlocked".

Yes I have seen some bracelets put together with dab of glue to keep the screws in. So yes that would work to remove glue and so would a hairdryer.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Yes I have seen some bracelets put together with dab of glue to keep the screws in. So yes that would work to remove glue and so would a hairdryer.

Exactly, I think JF is putting clear loctite on them