• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC 3878 Spitfire From ZF factory

BestReplicaHunter

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/1/11
Third Daytona (A7750@6) went dead ... Dealer caught this before sending the watch and replacing it... But FYI everyone on reliability of these movements...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tom_cat

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/13
What is ZF doing?? Come on bring this bad boy out for market already. No ETA nothing? Feels like we have been duped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noctus

Known Member
22/12/14
so, this morning my 3rd one was dead. Was running like a charme and stopped 5:30 in the morning lying on a table .....

paolomolino

Horology Curious
3/4/15
Hello everyone. I am not a rep maniac as you all seem to be reading your competence, so I beg your pardon for any stupidity I might say. I looking to buy a nice iwc, I like the simple ones saint exupery and big pilot...I don't understand the abbreviations you are using in this thread, plus as I understand there are flaws and problems, and I don't want to afford a watch to stop after a while...can you tell me what's the problem at stake? I read all the pages I swear... Is that any trusted dealer who solved the problemi? How do you think the 25 j is as a movement?

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
Hi Paolo, there are some problematic movements, like the one with the small second at position "6". If you want to be on the safe side regarding the movement , go for a simple 3-hands watch, without chronograph functions (such as the big pilot). Any TD is good.

rhc22

26/11/11
thanks a lot for being so fast and clear...what do you think about watch station?

Never used them but if you read their conditions they supply no warranty for the watch or replacement watch if customs seize it. They make this clear and that is why they are a much lower cost.
If you want to save money and take a risk that's fine or pay a bit more and get 'some' piece of mind.

rhc22

26/11/11
But if I get the watch shipped to china... I won't have problems correct?

I can't comment as I don't know them or have ever dealt with them. It was just I was reading their terms and conditions a couple of days ago.
I would suggest you contact them and discuss your requirements with them rather than me or anyone else giving you secondhand information.

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
Jesus Christ !! V2 is available!! Looks absolutely stunning!! Order sent ! Must have...will risk it with the movement! Does anyone know the lug width for this one ? Thanks guys!

trombone

Certified
26/3/06
I don´t think this is the ZF version.
On the picture Ryan(from Intime) has posted from the prototype, the subdial-spacing is different,
than on an usual A7750 movement. The subdials are closer too the center than on an A7750.
And on the description on this version on Puretime´s site, it says, they have used an A7750 movement.
Which shouldn´t be a problem, because Domi has a new method, too fix a seconds at 6 movement.
But i don´t buy this watch, because they messed up the date wheel again.
It´s not well centered. The numerals are too close to the center.
With a date window big like on that watch, this is a deal breaker for me.
Still waiting for ZF´s version!

torch77

Renowned Member
30/11/12
Spain Madrid
I am not an IWC Spitfire expert, but the on on Ryan`s website looks spot on :) Stunning
These are pics when I tried it on in an AD at the airport