• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC 3878 Spitfire From ZF factory

trombone

Certified
26/3/06
Domenico has found a new solution, just one ore two months ago. Just ask him.

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
That's not a BP, a BigPilot, sorry. Ah, my friend rhc22 was a tick quicker.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Its not about the movement service by Domi TBH. Its excellent that he can provide this service BUT.....

If we pay $300-$400 for a watch we would expect it to function like a watch would we not? And it should function reliably and for a extended period of time.

Would you buy a car that drove only for 500kms and then break?

rhc22

26/11/11
does the datewheel look centered to you guys ?

Looks a touch high or low in the images I have seen. As long as the wheel is printed evenly I expect it can be adjusted slightly if required

shaidx

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/7/12
Looks a touch high or low in the images I have seen. As long as the wheel is printed evenly I expect it can be adjusted slightly if required

what do you think about the dial color bud ? does it look more bronzy to you. ps: i have mad respect for you!

rhc22

26/11/11
what do you think about the dial color bud ? does it look more bronzy to you. ps: i have mad respect for you!

Thanks!
Looking at intime and puretime I think it looks pretty good. The problem with capturing the colour of the Ardoise dial is it reflects the light so if you have a filament light it will reflect slightly yellowish. When you watch the puretime video you can see it looks grey. I must admit when I get anal in studying the images the dial colour is not something that I saw anything wrong with.

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
I think the one on puretime (V2) is not from ZF. At the moment, I think only Ryan is offering the ZF. There is a difference of the movement too, if you compare the pics. But I dont know any details. Anyway, I think both dials look great. I have ordered one from Ryan and I will post the pics here, but it will take some weeks.

turpissima

23/12/13
I think the one on puretime (V2) is not from ZF. At the moment, I think only Ryan is offering the ZF. There is a difference of the movement too, if you compare the pics. But I dont know any details. Anyway, I think both dials look great. I have ordered one from Ryan and I will post the pics here, but it will take some weeks.

Yep..that's the V2 from V6F with the uncentered datewheel. ZF version is only shown on ryan's site at the moment.

Azel

Renowned Member
Supporter
10/7/14
Anyone asked him about the mouvement?
It is still a 7750, on my point of view it remains a timebomb as i don't think factories have the knowledge to make improvements on movement like Domi.